Date

FYI: Software Supply Chain Security Paper via CNCF Security TAG

Chris Aniszczyk

The CNCF Security TAG put together an excellent resource:

This is especially timely due to the recent US EO around cybersecurity. A lot of kudos goes to the Security TAG in building a fantastic community that continues to produce extremely useful educational materials.

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra)

Re: Argo applying for graduation - due diligence doc for public comment

Barak Stout

+1 nb

Barak Stout
Raft
goraft.tech

发件人: <cncf-toc@...> 代表 "Thomas Schuetz via lists.cncf.io" <thomas.schuetz=dynatrace.com@...>
答复: "thomas.schuetz@..." <thomas.schuetz@...>
日期: 2021511 星期二 上午12:27
收件人: "lei.zhang@..." <lei.zhang@...>, "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

+1 NB

发件人: <cncf-toc@...> 代表 "Thomas Schuetz via lists.cncf.io" <thomas.schuetz=dynatrace.com@...>
答复: "thomas.schuetz@..." <thomas.schuetz@...>
日期: 2021511 星期二 上午12:27
收件人: "lei.zhang@..." <lei.zhang@...>, "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

+1 NB

Argo project is applying for graduation status:
PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/604

DD has been reviewed by myself and SIG App Delivery. We've also conducted interviews with end users. We are supportive of Argo going into graduation. We are now calling for the 2 week public comment period prior to the vote.

---

Lei Zhang (Harry)

Alibaba Group

本邮件及附件含 DaoCloud 保密信息,仅限发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组,禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用本邮件中的信息。若误收本邮件,请务必通知发送人并直接删去,不得使用、传播或复制本邮件。

Re: FYI: Third Party Deps that have been relicensed to AGPL

Davanum Srinivas

Here's a hacky way :) [1]

Minio / Grafana / ScyllaDB seems like folks would hit.

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 2:59 PM Carolyn Van Slyck via lists.cncf.io <carolyn.vanslyck=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

Can you share which projects have recently relicensed that prompted this? I’m searching on twitter for which ones are now AGPL and wondering if I should re-audit my dependencies. 😊

I hope everyone had an amazing KubeCon + CloudNativeCon! Due to the recent re-licensing of a couple popular permissive projects to AGPL, the CNCF has posted guidance for projects that may be affected: https://github.com/cncf/foundation/blob/master/agpl-recommendations.md

If you have any questions, you can always open up a servicedesk ticket: https://github.com/cncf/servicedesk#legal-services

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra)

Re: FYI: Third Party Deps that have been relicensed to AGPL

Patrick McFadin

MinIO was pretty quiet. Just a mass commit. You can see the diffs here: https://github.com/minio/minio/commit/069432566fcfac1f1053677cc925ddafd750730a

Grafana published a blog post explaining the change. It’s actually three projects. Grafana, Loki and Tempo: https://grafana.com/blog/2021/04/20/grafana-loki-tempo-relicensing-to-agplv3/

Patrick

On May 11, 2021, at 12:03 PM, alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:

"parent companies'", plural, sorry

On Tue, 11 May 2021, 20:03 Alexis Richardson, <alexis@...> wrote:
... And their parent company's other projects, I should add.

On Tue, 11 May 2021, 20:01 Carolyn Van Slyck, <Carolyn.VanSlyck@...> wrote:

Thanks!

[...]

Carolyn Van Slyck

Thanks!

[...]

moderated Re: Last chance to register for May 11 'Unraveling Container Visibility' live webinar hosted by Visionet

Chris Aniszczyk

Please don't send spam to this list again or you will be banned from CNCF messaging systems.

You can take advantage of CNCF marketing/online programs here:

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 11:34 AM Scott Fulton <scott.fulton@...> wrote:
CNCF,

Join OpsCruise partner and one of the leading global digital enablement system integration firms, Visionet, in a panel discussion on Unraveling Container Visibility. Visionet has helped hundreds of Global 2000 organizations migrate business processes and applications to the cloud and as part those journeys has learned a lot about what's necessary to keep those services reliable, performant and secure. In this webinar you'll learn:

  • What is observability and its importance in today’s complex cloud native environments
  • The different observability ecosystems (Cloud native, open source, and third-party applications)
  • Augmenting intelligence (AI/ML) into container observability to reduceMTTD and MTTR
  • Developing a winning container observability strategy

This live webinar takes place at 11am Eastern/8am Pacific, Tuesday, May 11. Register here

Best,

OpsCruise Team

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra)

moderated Last chance to register for May 11 'Unraveling Container Visibility' live webinar hosted by Visionet

Scott Fulton

[...]

Reitbauer, Alois

+1 NB

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Zhang, Lei via lists.cncf.io <lei.zhang=alibaba-inc.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, 27. April 2021 at 22:44
To: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...>

Hello everyone,

Argo project is applying for graduation status:
PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/604

DD has been reviewed by myself and SIG App Delivery. We've also conducted interviews with end users. We are supportive of Argo going into graduation. We are now calling for the 2 week public comment period prior to the vote.

---

Lei Zhang (Harry)

Alibaba Group

This email may contain confidential information. If it appears this message was sent to you by mistake, please let us know of the error. In this case, we also ask that you do not further forward the content and delete it. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4020 Linz, Austria, Am Fünfundzwanziger Turm 20.

Re: Argo applying for graduation - due diligence doc for public comment

Thomas Schuetz

+1 NB

Argo project is applying for graduation status:
PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/604

DD has been reviewed by myself and SIG App Delivery. We've also conducted interviews with end users. We are supportive of Argo going into graduation. We are now calling for the 2 week public comment period prior to the vote.

---
Lei Zhang (Harry)

Alibaba Group

Re: Argo applying for graduation - due diligence doc for public comment

Bowen, Mike

+1

Mike Bowen
BlackRock

This message may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately and delete this message. See http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/compliance/email-disclaimers for further information. Please refer to http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/compliance/privacy-policy for more information about BlackRock’s Privacy Policy.

For a list of BlackRock's office addresses worldwide, see http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/about-us/contacts-locations.

© 2021 BlackRock, Inc. All rights reserved.

Re: Argo applying for graduation - due diligence doc for public comment

Xianlu Chen

+1

Santhosh Srinivasan <sms@...> 于2021年5月8日周六 上午6:46写道:
+1 non-binding

I am very new to the CNCF governance model. In the past, spent a lot of time on Apache. Happy to see the rigor in the bar applied for graduation based on my perusal of the DD doc and the PR. Good luck Argo!

Santhosh

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 2:00 PM Eran Leib <eran@...> wrote:
+1 nb

Apolicy.IO, Inc.
Eran J. Leib  Founder, VP Product Management
Apolicy.IO, Inc.
p:  +1-669-246-2592
w:  www.apolicy.io
e:  eran@...

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 1:41 PM "Zhang, Lei via lists.cncf.io <lei.zhang=alibaba-inc.com@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,

Argo project is applying for graduation status:
PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/604

DD has been reviewed by myself and SIG App Delivery. We've also conducted interviews with end users. We are supportive of Argo going into graduation. We are now calling for the 2 week public comment period prior to the vote.

---
Lei Zhang (Harry)

Alibaba Group

--
 陈显鹭

Weibo: bird1992欢迎粉我

Re: Argo applying for graduation - due diligence doc for public comment

Katie Gamanji

+1 NB

On Fri, 7 May 2021, 23:46 Santhosh Srinivasan, <sms@...> wrote:
[...]

Santhosh Srinivasan

[...]

[RESULT] Rename CNCF SIGs to avoid confusion with other types of SIG has been approved

Amye Scavarda Perrin

The proposal to rename Special Interest Groups to Technical Advisory Groups (https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549) has been approved.

8/11
+1 Binding: