Date

Re: FYI: Third Party Deps that have been relicensed to AGPL

alexis richardson

Isn't it grafana and minio?

On Tue, 11 May 2021, 19:59 Carolyn Van Slyck via lists.cncf.io, <carolyn.vanslyck=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

Can you share which projects have recently relicensed that prompted this? I’m searching on twitter for which ones are now AGPL and wondering if I should re-audit my dependencies. 😊

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Chris Aniszczyk via lists.cncf.io
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 11:54 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] FYI: Third Party Deps that have been relicensed to AGPL

I hope everyone had an amazing KubeCon + CloudNativeCon! Due to the recent re-licensing of a couple popular permissive projects to AGPL, the CNCF has posted guidance for projects that may be affected: https://github.com/cncf/foundation/blob/master/agpl-recommendations.md

If you have any questions, you can always open up a servicedesk ticket: https://github.com/cncf/servicedesk#legal-services

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra)

Re: FYI: Third Party Deps that have been relicensed to AGPL

Carolyn Van Slyck

Can you share which projects have recently relicensed that prompted this? I’m searching on twitter for which ones are now AGPL and wondering if I should re-audit my dependencies. 😊

I hope everyone had an amazing KubeCon + CloudNativeCon! Due to the recent re-licensing of a couple popular permissive projects to AGPL, the CNCF has posted guidance for projects that may be affected: https://github.com/cncf/foundation/blob/master/agpl-recommendations.md

If you have any questions, you can always open up a servicedesk ticket: https://github.com/cncf/servicedesk#legal-services

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra)

FYI: Third Party Deps that have been relicensed to AGPL

Chris Aniszczyk

I hope everyone had an amazing KubeCon + CloudNativeCon! Due to the recent re-licensing of a couple popular permissive projects to AGPL, the CNCF has posted guidance for projects that may be affected: https://github.com/cncf/foundation/blob/master/agpl-recommendations.md

If you have any questions, you can always open up a servicedesk ticket: https://github.com/cncf/servicedesk#legal-services

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra)

moderated Re: Last chance to register for May 11 'Unraveling Container Visibility' live webinar hosted by Visionet

Chris Aniszczyk

Please don't send spam to this list again or you will be banned from CNCF messaging systems.

You can take advantage of CNCF marketing/online programs here:

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 11:34 AM Scott Fulton <scott.fulton@...> wrote:
CNCF,

Join OpsCruise partner and one of the leading global digital enablement system integration firms, Visionet, in a panel discussion on Unraveling Container Visibility. Visionet has helped hundreds of Global 2000 organizations migrate business processes and applications to the cloud and as part those journeys has learned a lot about what's necessary to keep those services reliable, performant and secure. In this webinar you'll learn:

  • What is observability and its importance in today’s complex cloud native environments
  • The different observability ecosystems (Cloud native, open source, and third-party applications)
  • Augmenting intelligence (AI/ML) into container observability to reduceMTTD and MTTR
  • Developing a winning container observability strategy

This live webinar takes place at 11am Eastern/8am Pacific, Tuesday, May 11. Register here

Best,

OpsCruise Team

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra)

moderated Last chance to register for May 11 'Unraveling Container Visibility' live webinar hosted by Visionet

Scott Fulton

[...]

Re: Argo applying for graduation - due diligence doc for public comment

Reitbauer, Alois

+1 NB

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Zhang, Lei via lists.cncf.io <lei.zhang=alibaba-inc.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, 27. April 2021 at 22:44
To: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] Argo applying for graduation - due diligence doc for public comment

Hello everyone,

Argo project is applying for graduation status:
PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/604

DD has been reviewed by myself and SIG App Delivery. We've also conducted interviews with end users. We are supportive of Argo going into graduation. We are now calling for the 2 week public comment period prior to the vote.

---

Lei Zhang (Harry)

Alibaba Group

This email may contain confidential information. If it appears this message was sent to you by mistake, please let us know of the error. In this case, we also ask that you do not further forward the content and delete it. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4020 Linz, Austria, Am Fünfundzwanziger Turm 20.

Re: Argo applying for graduation - due diligence doc for public comment

Thomas Schuetz

+1 NB

Argo project is applying for graduation status:
PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/604

DD has been reviewed by myself and SIG App Delivery. We've also conducted interviews with end users. We are supportive of Argo going into graduation. We are now calling for the 2 week public comment period prior to the vote.

---
Lei Zhang (Harry)

Alibaba Group

Re: Argo applying for graduation - due diligence doc for public comment

Bowen, Mike

+1

Mike Bowen
BlackRock

This message may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately and delete this message. See http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/compliance/email-disclaimers for further information. Please refer to http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/compliance/privacy-policy for more information about BlackRock’s Privacy Policy.

For a list of BlackRock's office addresses worldwide, see http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/about-us/contacts-locations.

© 2021 BlackRock, Inc. All rights reserved.

Re: Argo applying for graduation - due diligence doc for public comment

Xianlu Chen

+1

Santhosh Srinivasan <sms@...> 于2021年5月8日周六 上午6:46写道:
+1 non-binding

I am very new to the CNCF governance model. In the past, spent a lot of time on Apache. Happy to see the rigor in the bar applied for graduation based on my perusal of the DD doc and the PR. Good luck Argo!

Santhosh

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 2:00 PM Eran Leib <eran@...> wrote:
+1 nb

Apolicy.IO, Inc.
Eran J. Leib  Founder, VP Product Management
Apolicy.IO, Inc.
p:  +1-669-246-2592
w:  www.apolicy.io
e:  eran@...

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 1:41 PM "Zhang, Lei via lists.cncf.io <lei.zhang=alibaba-inc.com@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,

Argo project is applying for graduation status:
PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/604

DD has been reviewed by myself and SIG App Delivery. We've also conducted interviews with end users. We are supportive of Argo going into graduation. We are now calling for the 2 week public comment period prior to the vote.

---
Lei Zhang (Harry)

Alibaba Group

--
 陈显鹭

Weibo: bird1992欢迎粉我

Re: Argo applying for graduation - due diligence doc for public comment

Katie Gamanji

+1 NB

On Fri, 7 May 2021, 23:46 Santhosh Srinivasan, <sms@...> wrote:
[...]

Santhosh Srinivasan

[...]

[RESULT] Rename CNCF SIGs to avoid confusion with other types of SIG has been approved

Amye Scavarda Perrin

The proposal to rename Special Interest Groups to Technical Advisory Groups (https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549) has been approved.

8/11
+1 Binding:
Liz Rice: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780042038
Alena Prokharchyk : https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780761290
Saad Ali: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780795486
Cornelia Davis: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-781705738
Lei Zhang: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-781710347
Ricardo Rocha: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-802719496
Dave Zolotusky: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-802952655
Davanum Srinivas: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-802988151

+1 NB
Alex Chircop: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780191708
Bob Killen: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780197766
Ricardo Aravena: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780226224
Nikhita Raghunath: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780261178
Roger Klorese: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780263282
Gerred Dillon: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780696438
Chase Pettet: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780700787
Katie Gamanji: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780702413
Xing Yang: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780703403
Kiran Mova: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780726704
Chris Short: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780734687
Randy Abernathy: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780763203
Nicholas Vermande: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780794049
Dan Mikita: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780826936
Thomas Schuetz: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780837567
Grissom Wang: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780978092
Dan Shaw: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-781047233
Sam Delamarter: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-781316334
Magno Logan: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-781445798
Joseph Sandoval: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-781455666
Freddy Fernando: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-781518289
Toni Menzel: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-799755814
Jim St Leger: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-801215770
Christoper Blecker: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-802505317

0:
Richard Hartmann: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780799967

-1
Sarah Allen: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/549#issuecomment-780810240

Re: Argo applying for graduation - due diligence doc for public comment

Eran Leib

"Zhang, Lei <lei.zhang@...>

Hello everyone,

Argo project is applying for graduation status:
PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/604

DD has been reviewed by myself and SIG App Delivery. We've also conducted interviews with end users. We are supportive of Argo going into graduation. We are now calling for the 2 week public comment period prior to the vote.

---
Lei Zhang (Harry)

Alibaba Group

Sandbox Inclusion Meeting Results from 4/27

Amye Scavarda Perrin

The TOC met today to review the applications for projects wishing to be included as sandbox projects. The next scheduled meeting for sandbox inclusion review is June 22nd, 2021.

Vineyard  - passes with a majority vote of the TOC
WasmEdge Runtime - passes with a majority vote of the TOC
ChaosBlade - passes with a majority vote of the TOC
YARP - Yet Another Reverse Proxy  - Presentation to SIG Network to review, is this cloud native and how is this different from existing CNCF projects?
KubeInvaders - not included
KubePlus -  not included
Service Mesh Performance  -  Request from TOC to either combine or align these projects with Service Mesh Interface
Meshery  -  Request from TOC to either combine or align these projects with Service Mesh Interface
Fluid  - passes with a majority vote of the TOC
Submariner - passes with a majority vote of the TOC
Pixie - Presentation requested for SIG Observability
Antrea -  passes with a majority vote of the TOC

[RESULT] Streamlining incubation process

Amye Scavarda Perrin

[ANNOUNCE] Kubernetes is moving to three releases per year

Stephen Augustus (augustus) <augustus@...>

All --

After several rounds of thoughtful discussion and review, the proposal to change the Kubernetes release cadence (to three releases/year) has been approved!
Thank you to everyone who had a hand in making this happen!

Love,
Stephen and the Kubernetes SIG Release Leads

---

Stephen Augustus (he/him)

Head of Open Source

Emerging Tech & Incubation

augustus@...

Mobile: (212) 390-0094

My working hours may not be your working hours.
Please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule.

Re: [VOTE] Streamlining incubation process

On Apr 23, 2021, at 7:45 AM, Justin Cormack via lists.cncf.io <justin.cormack=docker.com@...> wrote:

+1 binding

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 10:05 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
A proposal has been made to streamline the incubation process: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/640

Re: [VOTE] Streamlining incubation process

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 10:05 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
A proposal has been made to streamline the incubation process: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/640

Re: [EXTERNAL] [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Streamlining incubation process

Ryan Cook

+1