Date

Re: Interesting tech marketing from Amazon

Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@...>

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc
<cncf-toc@...> wrote:
yes

we need to develop a cloud native brand that has values which developers
want

- free & open
- automated pipelines
- faster to make changes
- ..?
+1 to those. Here are a few others:

- interoperability with others
- choice/plugability at every level
- velocity, but stability

Re: Interesting tech marketing from Amazon

alexis richardson

yes

we need to develop a cloud native brand that has values which developers want

- free & open
- automated pipelines
- faster to make changes
- ..?

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 10:07 AM Mark Coleman <mark@...> wrote:
I like the model of bringing in end user stories to support the point being made.

The point here clearly seems to be "it's ok to move all your shit to the cloud snd figure it out there" which is an unsurprising position for AWS to take. This is not an opposing point to our mission(TM) though so I will explore this.

Right now I'm mainly concerned that our definition of cloud native is not everyone else's.

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 1:34 AM Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
I thought this was worth sharing as an example of the sort of tech-biz guidance that members of the CNCF community could write.  The piece is by someone from AWS and talks about cloud native vs other cloudy things.

--

Re: Interesting tech marketing from Amazon

Mark Coleman <mark@...>

I like the model of bringing in end user stories to support the point being made.

The point here clearly seems to be "it's ok to move all your shit to the cloud snd figure it out there" which is an unsurprising position for AWS to take. This is not an opposing point to our mission(TM) though so I will explore this.

Right now I'm mainly concerned that our definition of cloud native is not everyone else's.

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 1:34 AM Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
I thought this was worth sharing as an example of the sort of tech-biz guidance that members of the CNCF community could write.  The piece is by someone from AWS and talks about cloud native vs other cloudy things.

--
+31 652134960
Marketing Chair www.cncf.io

Re: RFC: CNCF TOC Meeting at OSLC Tahoe 2017

alexis richardson

Bump on this.

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 4:10 PM Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
The TOC requested that we work together on planning an agenda for the TOC F2F in Tahoe:

Feel free to modify and suggest topics for the agenda.

Re: [cncf-gb] Mudslide closes I-80 near Truckee in both directions - SFGate

Bercovici, Val <Valentin.Bercovici@...>

Yes, for those not local – it has been a record-breaking winter season of snow & rain in Tahoe / Squaw.  Avalanches and mudlines have therefore been regular occurrences.  On the bright side – It looks like the weather is clearing for Monday’s arrival as well as Tuesday & Wednesday.  Thursday is another story ;)

Whether you’re driving in from Reno airport or the Bay Area, it’s worth checking Google Maps for I-80 road closures as well as a site like this with live webcams:

·         http://www.magnifeye.com/webcams.php

Have a great trip in and see you there!

Valentin Bercovici | CTO | SolidFire

+1 408 718 5208 | @valb00

From: <cncf-gb-bounces@...> on behalf of Alexis Richardson via cncf-gb <cncf-gb@...>
Date: Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 1:57 AM
To: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>, "cncf-gb@..." <cncf-gb@...>
Subject: [cncf-gb] Mudslide closes I-80 near Truckee in both directions - SFGate

Mudslide closes I-80 near Truckee in both directions - SFGate

alexis richardson

[cncf-kubernetescertwg] K8s Certification Update - February 10, 2017 (plain text)

Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@...>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>
tel:+1-415-233-1000