From: "Amye Scavarda Perrin via lists.cncf.io" <ascavarda=linuxfoundation.org@...>
Sent: Wednesday, 7 October 2020 17:00
To: CNCF TOC
Subject: [cncf-toc] [RESULT] Rook approved for Graduation

Barak Stout: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5360
Bhaarat Sharma: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5361

Re: Helm Hub Migrates To Artifact Hub

Katie Gamanji

Glad to see the ArtifactHub grow!

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 4:15 PM alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
Congrats Helm team!

On Wed, 7 Oct 2020, 16:07 Matt Farina, <matt@...> wrote:
I thought this would be news worth sharing here. The Helm project has had the Helm Hub to help people discover charts. This year the Artifact Hub has come into existence and become a CNCF Sandbox project. The Helm Hub now redirects to the Artifact Hub. Details are available in the announcement at https://helm.sh/blog/helm-hub-moving-to-artifact-hub/

The Artifact Hub is more feature rich and capable than the Helm Hub was. Instead of overhauling the Helm Hub we decided to point people to the Artifact Hub.

- Matt Farina

[RESULT] Rook approved for Graduation

Amye Scavarda Perrin

Rook has been approved for graduation. (https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/490

7/10
Xiang Li: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4937
Matt Klein: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5000
Saad Ali: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5159
Liz Rice: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5174
Alena Prokharchyk: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5223
Katie Gamanji: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5243
Sheng Liang: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5358

+1 NB
Alex Chircop: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4903
Ken Owens: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4906
Oleg Chornyi: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4907
Philippe Robin: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4924
Richard Hartman: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4927
Moh Ahmed: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4929
Kiran Mova: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4930
Erin Boyd: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4931
Yash Thakkar: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4933
Keith Burdis: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4934
Chris Short: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4935
Tina Tsou: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4936
Jeff Billimek: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4967
Andy Snowden: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/4970
Anil Vishnoi: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5006
Thor Anker Kvisgård Lange: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5007
Yusuf Hadiwinata: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5008
Peter Rosell: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5207
Queeny Jin: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5270
Kevin Ryan: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5359
Barak Stout: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5360
Bhaarat Sharma: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5361

Re: Helm Hub Migrates To Artifact Hub

alexis richardson

Congrats Helm team!

On Wed, 7 Oct 2020, 16:07 Matt Farina, <matt@...> wrote:
I thought this would be news worth sharing here. The Helm project has had the Helm Hub to help people discover charts. This year the Artifact Hub has come into existence and become a CNCF Sandbox project. The Helm Hub now redirects to the Artifact Hub. Details are available in the announcement at https://helm.sh/blog/helm-hub-moving-to-artifact-hub/

The Artifact Hub is more feature rich and capable than the Helm Hub was. Instead of overhauling the Helm Hub we decided to point people to the Artifact Hub.

- Matt Farina

Helm Hub Migrates To Artifact Hub

Matt Farina

I thought this would be news worth sharing here. The Helm project has had the Helm Hub to help people discover charts. This year the Artifact Hub has come into existence and become a CNCF Sandbox project. The Helm Hub now redirects to the Artifact Hub. Details are available in the announcement at https://helm.sh/blog/helm-hub-moving-to-artifact-hub/

The Artifact Hub is more feature rich and capable than the Helm Hub was. Instead of overhauling the Helm Hub we decided to point people to the Artifact Hub.

- Matt Farina

Subsite for project leader resources

Josh Berkus

TOC:

We did't have quorum in today's meeting, so I opened our request as an
issue, here:

https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/547

feel free to bikeshed on names, but please approve the existence of a
subsite first, thanks!

Josh Berkus
Kubernetes Community
Red Hat OSPO

Re: [cncf-enduser] [RESULT] Welcome new TOC member: Dave Zolotusky

Jim Haughwout <jhaughwout@...>

Thank you for sharing this great news. Congrats to Dave!

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 9:33 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
The End User community has chosen Dave Zolotusky to be seated on the
Technical Oversight Committee, welcome to Dave!

Thanks to all who participated in this special election.

Re: Agenda for 10/6's TOC meeting

Liz Rice

Sorry folks, I am not feeling super (nothing sinister, don’t worry!) so I am not going to make it to the meeting today

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 at 20:39, Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

Re: [cncf-enduser] [RESULT] Welcome new TOC member: Dave Zolotusky

Dave Zolotusky

Thanks, everyone.

I'm really looking forward to working with the TOC and spending time with other end users in this new role. Feel free to reach out to me over email or in the CNCF slack, where I'm @dzolo.

~Dave

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 9:53 AM Jim Haughwout <jhaughwout@...> wrote:
Thank you for sharing this great news. Congrats to Dave!

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 9:33 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
The End User community has chosen Dave Zolotusky to be seated on the
Technical Oversight Committee, welcome to Dave!

Thanks to all who participated in this special election.

~Dave

Re: [cncf-enduser] [RESULT] Welcome new TOC member: Dave Zolotusky

Katie Gamanji

Welcome Dave! Looking forward to collaborate with you :)

On Tue, 6 Oct 2020, 00:11 Liz Rice, <liz@...> wrote:
Welcome Dave, great to have you with us!

Liz

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 at 21:23, Alena Prokharchyk via lists.cncf.io <aprokharchyk=apple.com@...> wrote:
Congratulations, Dave! Looking forward to working together!

-alena.

> On Oct 5, 2020, at 12:30 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
>
> The End User community has chosen Dave Zolotusky to be seated on the
> Technical Oversight Committee, welcome to Dave!
>
> Thanks to all who participated in this special election.
>
> --
> Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager | amye@...

Re: [cncf-enduser] [RESULT] Welcome new TOC member: Dave Zolotusky

Liz Rice

Welcome Dave, great to have you with us!

Liz

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 at 21:23, Alena Prokharchyk via lists.cncf.io <aprokharchyk=apple.com@...> wrote:
Congratulations, Dave! Looking forward to working together!

-alena.

> On Oct 5, 2020, at 12:30 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
>
> The End User community has chosen Dave Zolotusky to be seated on the
> Technical Oversight Committee, welcome to Dave!
>
> Thanks to all who participated in this special election.
>
> --
> Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager | amye@...

Re: [cncf-enduser] [RESULT] Welcome new TOC member: Dave Zolotusky

Alena Prokharchyk

Congratulations, Dave! Looking forward to working together!

-alena.

On Oct 5, 2020, at 12:30 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:

The End User community has chosen Dave Zolotusky to be seated on the
Technical Oversight Committee, welcome to Dave!

Thanks to all who participated in this special election.

Re: [RESULT] Welcome new TOC member: Dave Zolotusky

Justin Cormack

Looking forward to working with you!

Justin

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 at 20:40, Cheryl Hung <chung@...> wrote:
Congratulations Dave! Very excited to see you join the TOC and to represent the End User Community.

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 7:30 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin ascavarda@... wrote:

The End User community has chosen Dave Zolotusky to be seated on the

Technical Oversight Committee, welcome to Dave!

Thanks to all who participated in this special election.

VP of Ecosystem, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

Re: [RESULT] Welcome new TOC member: Dave Zolotusky

Cheryl Hung <chung@...>

Congratulations Dave! Very excited to see you join the TOC and to represent the End User Community.

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 7:30 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin ascavarda@... wrote:

The End User community has chosen Dave Zolotusky to be seated on the

Technical Oversight Committee, welcome to Dave!

Thanks to all who participated in this special election.

VP of Ecosystem, Cloud Native Computing Foundation

Agenda for 10/6's TOC meeting

Amye Scavarda Perrin

[RESULT] Welcome new TOC member: Dave Zolotusky

Amye Scavarda Perrin

The End User community has chosen Dave Zolotusky to be seated on the
Technical Oversight Committee, welcome to Dave!

Thanks to all who participated in this special election.

FYI: CNCF code search via SourceGraph

Chris Aniszczyk

In case you want to search across all the CNCF projects code base:

We'd like to thank our friends at SourceGraph for spinning this up, you can comment on this feature here: https://github.com/cncf/foundation/issues/113#issuecomment-703710232

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra)

Re: "Steering committee" discussion

Reitbauer, Alois

I was listening in to this for a while and wanted to share my observations:

  • I think the general assumption should be that people working on projects have good intentions and should be supported. Some comments feel like protecting against people trying to trick the system. Sure they exist and this needs to be addressed but an open, inclusive mind set should be first.
  • It seems to me that project goals get mixed up with metrics or concrete measures to achieve them. Long term sustainability can mean contributors from many organisations and this makes sense. However, if a project is widely used and companies also buy commercial (SaaS) offerings of the solutions there will be somebody maintaining the project. There have been cases in the past – non CNCF – where companies stopped doing open source releases. This is rare and can still be addressed.
  • Naming the project stages still seems to be an issues. The CNCF also has another naming scheme from the technology radar. If the intention is to show maturity and recommendations to the community the assess, trial and adopt nomenclature might be helpful.

// Alois

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "alexis richardson via lists.cncf.io" <alexis=weave.works@...>
Reply to: "alexis@..." <alexis@...>
Date: Thursday, 1. October 2020 at 21:05
To: Stefano Maffulli <stefano.maffulli@...>
Cc: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] "Steering committee" discussion

I think it's important to listen to people who actually produce the software here. It is really really hard to sustain quality. Adding demands just hurts, doesn't help. That's why we are looking at broader options.

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020, 19:56 Stefano Maffulli, <stefano.maffulli@...> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 11:17 AM Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:

Graduation is not meant to be some kind of super impossible bar.

My argument is that it shouldn't be intended as a final destination.

Let's not assume that all "collaboration" must be between multiple sellers of the same software.

How can you not? The power balance is shifted towards those who produce the software. The ones who make the software are natural monopolists, and generally they operate in winner-take-all markets. It's one of the fundamentals of open source to rebalance that power between those who produce and those who consume, by enabling the consumer to be a producer, breaking that barrier.

I know that for some software the collaboration aspect is less important though (the monopolistic threat is non-existent or has limited impact). That's why I'm suggesting to explore the software maturity model rather than a simple step like it is now with "graduation".

--

Stefano Maffulli

Sr. Dir. Digital and Community Marketing | stefano.maffulli@...

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4020 Linz, Austria, Am Fünfundzwanziger Turm 20

[...]

1941 - 1960 of 7321