From: cncf-toc-bounces@... [mailto:cncf-toc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc
Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 8:57 PM
To: Jonathan Boulle <jonathan.boulle@...>; Soam Vasani <soamvasani@...>
Cc: Soam Vasani <soam@...>; CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] RFC: Fission (http://fission.io/)

+1 especially compared to the cornucopia of new "serverless" libs that seem to have appeared of late....

On Fri, 6 Jan 2017, 18:53 Jonathan Boulle via cncf-toc, <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

I would be interested in hearing/seeing more about practical uses of fission so far. I'd also like to see the documentation fleshed out a bit - it's a little sparse in terms of understanding how this all fits together and how users can integrate.

thanks,

Jonathan

On 4 January 2017 at 18:01, Soam Vasani via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Thanks very much for your time, everyone!

I'd love to answer any questions here, or do a follow-up demo in a hangout, if anyone is interested in that.

-Soam

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

At the TOC call today, we have a presentation from the Fission (http://fission.io/) team:

As part of the project proposal process, we aim to have a discussion about the project on the mailing list / TOC call before a decision is made to formally invite a project. I invite the TOC and the wider CNCF community to comment on the mailing list.

Thanks Soam for taking the time to present!

Re: RFC: Fission (http://fission.io/)

alexis richardson

Jonathan Boulle <jonathan.boulle@...>

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
At the TOC call today, we have a presentation from the Fission (http://fission.io/) team:

As part of the project proposal process, we aim to have a discussion about the project on the mailing list / TOC call before a decision is made to formally invite a project. I invite the TOC and the wider CNCF community to comment on the mailing list.

Thanks Soam for taking the time to present!

Re: CNCF cluster - maintenance window

Dan Kohn <dan@...>

Yes! Please apply here: https://github.com/cncf/cluster

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Bernstein, Joshua <Joshua.Bernstein@...> wrote:
Is there a way we can sign up or apply for time on the cluster?

-Josh

On Jan 5, 2017, at 12:35 PM, Maciej Naruszewicz via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Dan and others,

So as to avoid misunderstanding - this is the 1st step to increase the cluster's capacity and there will be some steps left to do. In other words, the cluster won't reach ~900 nodes right after this maintenance window, it will take a bit of time but still should be finished within Q1'17.

On 01/05/2017 09:00 PM, Dan Kohn wrote:
+Public TOC list

Thanks for the heads up. We're excited to get to the full ~900 server capacity.

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 2:57 PM, Maciej Naruszewicz <maciej.naruszewicz@...> wrote:
Hi Dan,

Per our discussion on Slack I wanted to confirm that due to the expansion process we will be having a maintenance window in the CNCF cluster soon. We do not have an exact date nor the amount of time it will take but basing on what I know it should take place somewhere around last week of January - first week of February and last up to a few days. I will confirm the dates with you when we are certain about the schedule. I will also post an issue describing it on the cluster's Github page so that tenants are aware of it.

Feel free to contact me in case of any questions.
Maciej

--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@linuxfoundation.org>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>

Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@...>
[...]

Great, maybe this could write out to slack too?

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017, 20:27 Dan Kohn, <dan@...> wrote:
Status is posted here every week: https://github.com/cncf/cluster/issues/20

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 3:22 PM, Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:

Great to see

Would love to get regular readouts on who is using the cluster and for what.

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017, 20:01 Dan Kohn via cncf-toc, <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
[...]

Re: Final RFC: linkerd

Chris Aniszczyk

Inception.

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Doug Davis <dug@...> wrote:

Chris - under which category of project will it be asking for?
I search the PR but didn't notice it - but maybe I missed it.

Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc ---01/05/2017 11:03:52 AM---At the TOC call this week, we discussed finalizing the linkerd proposal and getting it ready for vot

From: Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Date: 01/05/2017 11:03 AM
Subject: [cncf-toc] Final RFC: linkerd
Sent by: cncf-toc-bounces@...

At the TOC call this week, we discussed finalizing the linkerd proposal and getting it ready for vote. I propose we have a final RFC over the next few days and call for a formal vote early next week.

Please make any comments/suggestions here:

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719_______________________________________________

Re: Final RFC: linkerd

Doug Davis <dug@...>

From: Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Date: 01/05/2017 11:03 AM
Sent by: cncf-toc-bounces@...

At the TOC call this week, we discussed finalizing the linkerd proposal and getting it ready for vote. I propose we have a final RFC over the next few days and call for a formal vote early next week.

Please make any comments/suggestions here:

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719_______________________________________________

Final RFC: linkerd

Chris Aniszczyk

At the TOC call this week, we discussed finalizing the linkerd proposal and getting it ready for vote. I propose we have a final RFC over the next few days and call for a formal vote early next week.

Please make any comments/suggestions here:

Re: RFC: Traefik

Kenneth Owens (kenowens) <kenowens@...>

I would like to sponsor this project and will work with Emile on the process.

Kind regards,

Ken

banner2

Kenneth Owens

CTO

kenowens@...

Tel: +1 408 424 0872

Cisco Systems, Inc.

16401 Swingley Ridge Road Suite 400
CHESTERFIELD
63017
United States
cisco.com

Think before you print.

Please click here for Company Registration Information.

As part of the project proposal process, we aim to have a discussion about the project on the mailing list / TOC call before a decision is made to formally invite a project. I invite the TOC and the wider CNCF community to comment on the mailing list.

From my personal end, I'd love to ask Emile and the Traefik community about production usage. I know that on the call Cisco was mentioned, but would love to learn more about where else Traefik is being used in the wild.

Thanks again Emile for taking the time to present!

FYI: CNCF Events in 2017

Chris Aniszczyk

Hope everyone had a good new years!

Just a friendly reminder that we have two main hosted events for CNCF in 2017:

* March 29th - 30th: CloudNativeCon/KubeCon EU (Berlin)
   * http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudnativecon-europe
   * The CFP is closed… we received ~400 submissions!

* Dec 6th - 7th: CloudNativeCon/KubeCon NA (Austin)
   * http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudnativecon/program/cnc17
   * CFP is open (https://goo.gl/9fUJM5): submit talks now! (closes August 21st 2017)

Sponsorships are selling out in some categories but are still available, you can shoot a note to sponsor@... if you're interested!

Re: RFC: Traefik

alexis richardson

Emile, thanks again for a very helpful intro!

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Emile VAUGE via cncf-toc
<cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Thanks a lot for your time everyone :)

Chris,

From my personal end, I'd love to ask Emile and the Traefik community
about production usage. I know that on the call Cisco was mentioned, but
would love to learn more about where else Traefik is being used in the wild.

First, Traefik is used in multiple open source projects like Mantl from
Cisco or Apollo from Cap Gemini.
Other than that, a lot of companies have been using Traefik in production
even before the 1.0 release back in July 2016. I cannot give all names
publicly, but for example Cisco, Reevoo, Yardstick or HP are all using it in
production.

Emile

Emile VAUGE <emile@...>

Thanks a lot for your time everyone :)

Chris,

From my personal end, I'd love to ask Emile and the Traefik community about production usage. I know that on the call Cisco was mentioned, but would love to learn more about where else Traefik is being used in the wild.

First, Traefik is used in multiple open source projects like Mantl from Cisco or Apollo from Cap Gemini.
Other than that, a lot of companies have been using Traefik in production even before the 1.0 release back in July 2016. I cannot give all names publicly, but for example Cisco, Reevoo, Yardstick or HP are all using it in production.

Emile

Thanks again Emile for taking the time to present!

Re: RFC: Fission (http://fission.io/)

alexis richardson

thank you very much Soam!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1zKkgzqO6M2JfGBgXvyyBpQph3Xu_GtpnT7MDdeXGvZE/edit#slide=id.g1af6c49a55_0_0

As part of the project proposal process, we aim to have a discussion about
the project on the mailing list / TOC call before a decision is made to
formally invite a project. I invite the TOC and the wider CNCF community to
comment on the mailing list.

Thanks Soam for taking the time to present!

Re: RFC: Fission (http://fission.io/)

Soam Vasani

Thanks very much for your time, everyone!

I'd love to answer any questions here, or do a follow-up demo in a hangout, if anyone is interested in that.

-Soam

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
At the TOC call today, we have a presentation from the Fission (http://fission.io/) team:

As part of the project proposal process, we aim to have a discussion about the project on the mailing list / TOC call before a decision is made to formally invite a project. I invite the TOC and the wider CNCF community to comment on the mailing list.

Thanks Soam for taking the time to present!

RFC: Fission (http://fission.io/)

Chris Aniszczyk