Date

Re: Sandbox Projects included from September 8 TOC meeting

John Belamaric

We discussed this in the SIG Architecture meeting today. While generally workload controllers are within scope of the Kubernetes project, it is up to SIG Apps to decide if they are willing to take these on as SIG-sponsored projects. As Matt suggests, it's fine for these to exist as external workload controllers.

With respect to upstreaming, the preference of SIG Arch would be to see individual features move into existing workload controllers as they mature, rather than creation of whole new controllers. The goal here would be to avoid a proliferation of controllers that makes choices very difficult for consumers. Of course, if there is some fundamental difference between the new controller and all existing ones, then a new one may be warranted. But creation of a new one should be done with an abundance of caution. Again this would ultimately be the decision of SIG Apps.

Thanks,
John

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 1:31 PM <szihaI@...> wrote:
The OpenKruise project agree with the Sig App's assessment completely. We, too, believe while up-streaming some of the features to the core workloads is possible, the majority of the controllers and features is best to remain as a separate project.

Best regards,
Andy Shi

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Andrés Vega

+1

Emily has gone above and beyond to avail herself as a technical leader to the community. Among many other things, she was instrumental in the review of the SPIFFE/SPIRE security assessment.

-Andres

Keylime accepted into Sandbox

Amye Scavarda Perrin

At today's TOC meeting, Keylime passed with a majority of the TOC and is included into Sandbox.
Welcome Keylime!

Our next Sandbox review session is November 10th, we'll be reviewing all projects that applied after September 8th.

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Ashutosh Narkar

+1 nb, Emily is a great person and I believe she would be an excellent co-chair of Sig-Security.

Thanks
Ash

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 9:01 AM Siddharth Bhadri <sbhadri@...> wrote:

+1 NB

Thanks & Regards,

Siddharth Bhadri
Software Engineer

Infoblox | Next Level Networking
sbhadri@...
  |  www.infoblox.com

signature_789707965

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Alena Prokharchyk via lists.cncf.io" <aprokharchyk=apple.com@...>
Reply to: "aprokharchyk@..." <aprokharchyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, 22 September 2020 at 9:29 PM
To: Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...>
Cc: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

+1 binding, Emily is great!

-alena.

On Sep 21, 2020, at 3:12 PM, Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

  • As a tech lead and a member of the SIG-Security
    • Cloud Native Security Day Lead (two successful events, upcoming CFP)
    • Defined categories for supply chain compromise catalog PR#304
  • Professional affiliations:
    • DevOps Security Lead, NSA
  • CNCF Projects: n/a

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Siddharth Bhadri

+1 NB

Thanks & Regards,

Siddharth Bhadri
Software Engineer

Infoblox | Next Level Networking
sbhadri@...
  |  www.infoblox.com

signature_789707965

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Alena Prokharchyk via lists.cncf.io" <aprokharchyk=apple.com@...>
Reply to: "aprokharchyk@..." <aprokharchyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, 22 September 2020 at 9:29 PM
To: Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...>
Cc: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Alena Prokharchyk

+1 binding, Emily is great!

-alena.

On Sep 21, 2020, at 3:12 PM, Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!
JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 4:36 PM Ricardo Aravena <raravena80@...> wrote:
+1! (nb)

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 3:13 PM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Buildpacks incubation public comment period

Justin Cormack

Cloud Native Buildpacks has applied to move from sandbox to incubation

I am the TOC sponsor for this project.

The public comment period is now open for 2 weeks, and all SIGs, end users, TOC members, and community members are welcome to comment by replying to this thread.

Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Ricardo Aravena

+1! (nb)

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 3:13 PM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Michelle Noorali <michelle.noorali@...>

+1 binding

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 6:13 PM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Andrew Martin <andy@...>

+1 strong agree, Emily has already proven herself more than capable

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 at 08:32, Frederick Kautz <frederick@...> wrote:
+1 nb, Emily is extremely knowledgeable and generous. We would be fortunate to have her in this role.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020, 10:59 PM Gadi Naor via lists.cncf.io <gadi=alcide.io@...> wrote:
+1000 - Emily is a perfect fit from my perspective.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 6:00 AM Sarah Allen <sarah@...> wrote:
JJ already mentioned me in original email, but wanted to add my official  +1

As SIG-Security co-chair, I strongly support the nomination of Emily Fox!

Also, I wanted to add my thanks to out-going chair Dan Shaw, whose leadership has been critical in creating a strong community for SIG-Security.

Sarah Allen
@ultrasaurus

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 6:13 PM John Hillegass <hillegassdev@...> wrote:
+1 I follow along mostly via meeting recordings and on Slack but from what I can tell, she seems perfect for the role!

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 9:08 PM Paris Pittman <paris.pittman@...> wrote:
+1

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 6:07 PM Chase Pettet <cpettet@...> wrote:
Emily is a wonderfull collaborator and human being.  Strongly support.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020, 5:13 PM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Gadi NaorCTO

US.   2443 Fillmore St, San Francisco, CA, 94115
IL.    5 Miconis St, Tel Aviv, 6777214
M. +972-52-6618811
Web.      www.alcide.io
GitHub. github.com/alcideio

Follow us on LinkedInFollow us on Twitter

Securing Kubernetes & Service Mesh.
Anywhere.
Bridging Security & DevOps.

Cloud Native Virtual Summit is October 6-8.    Register HERE

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Santiago Torres Arias <santiago@...>

+1, she's on top of everything and very knowledgeable.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 08:41:00AM +0800, Justin Cappos wrote:
I'd like to strongly support. She will be great in the role!

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_toc_blob_master_sigs_cncf-2Dsigs.md-23elections&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=C78Msn96OQwPWb8Z1mTy-gFT8zgRVFVApVpEIhSac-U&e= >

-

As a tech lead and a member of the SIG-Security
-

Cloud Native Security Day Lead (two successful events, upcoming CFP
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__linuxfoundation.smapply.io_prog_cnsdna2020_&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=eRrJIiBOPODIPcZ8JIULQX3V8V8UcFWJ6lXlRbJZPCA&e= >)
-

Defined categories for supply chain compromise catalog PR#304
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_sig-2Dsecurity_pull_304&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=7Zv2jeBnQsPDIDa_gxfV1ZUHMaJDT2dWVZxcsP3SZgY&e= >
-

Process & governance (examples: assessment process docs
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_sig-2Dsecurity_commit_8563a0142b4cd480a20ffc2cd547628d2c10fb39&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=Ce_FhDDlkHWfha9kCaQqXOpHCi2c35QXDnv2c0-13_Y&e= >
, code of conduct
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_sig-2Dsecurity_commit_6a830fff6afe88ce98cb3fe672383c73aea85960&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=eHd2A2TML2NOOZUG1bugzoKiF9sHQ9vF_bMPFBfIosQ&e= >
)
-

Leading the whitepaper
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_sig-2Dsecurity_issues_138&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=i8mJ9_iRMP6wUNJUp70BgGEsbeQzjBpIjh9NW4Wl7Ew&e= > initiative (Issue
#138 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_sig-2Dsecurity_issues_138&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=i8mJ9_iRMP6wUNJUp70BgGEsbeQzjBpIjh9NW4Wl7Ew&e= >)
-

Professional affiliations:
-

DevOps Security Lead, NSA
-

Github: @TheFoxAtWork <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_TheFoxAtWork&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=AstpBcNbNENLuNCmSgblG7BoQpZ7sUd8Vd2Uy1EbK0k&e= >
-

CNCF Projects: n/a
-

SIG-Security commits
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_sig-2Dsecurity_commits-3Fauthor-3DTheFoxAtWork&d=DwIFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=E9fipvPQduOdT8SScFdwOQMdbdir30xIA4nZPtiofcg&s=evTUZlxpaSesAt05q8s4T_GWaCh0a8K5tNgQt2mk9jw&e= >

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah)
and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Justin Cormack

+1 (binding)

Emily has been extremely influential in helping SIG Security

Justin

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:13 PM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Frederick Kautz

[...]

Gadi Naor

--

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

John Hillegass

[...]

Paris Pittman

+1

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 6:07 PM Chase Pettet <cpettet@...> wrote:
Emily is a wonderfull collaborator and human being.  Strongly support.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020, 5:13 PM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Chase Pettet

Emily is a wonderfull collaborator and human being.  Strongly support.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020, 5:13 PM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

Re: [SIG-Security] Nomination of Emily Fox as co-chair

Brandon Lum

I think Emily is a great candidate for the role and I support the nomination!

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 6:13 AM Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi <jj@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

Dan Shaw’s term as co-chair of SIG-Security has come to an end.  We would like to nominate Emily Fox as a new co-chair of SIG-Security  (requiring a 2/3rd vote in compliance with the cncf-sig elections process).

Following are some of Emily’s accomplishments

Thanks!

JJ in collaboration with other   SIG-Security co-chairs (Dan and Sarah) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack

481 - 500 of 5800