Date

Re: CNCF Hub

Gerred Dillon

Excited to see this. The sandbox criteria (https://www.cncf.io/sandbox-projects/) (point 3 specifically) states:

3. Projects commissioned or sanctioned by the CNCF, including initial code for CNCF WG collaborations, and “experimental” projects

Following this, I would suggest to the TOC we would proceed with moving this through the SIG process as a Sandbox project. Where I would like to understand is what is the graduation pathway for this - does it graduate to being a CNCF Service? An incubating project like any other? Furthermore, if it's a CNCF service, does it follow different requirements to leave sandbox?

I look forward to getting involved in the development and governance of this project. Thanks Dan, Matt, Cynthia, Sergio, and the Operator Framework / Helm teams for the discussion back at KubeCon!

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 3:35 PM Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:
Hello folks, I want to share that the CNCF Hub which was alluded to in the last TOC call is now public. You can find the source at https://github.com/cncf/hub.  From the README:

Hub is a web-based application that enables finding, installing, and publishing packages and configurations for CNCF projects. For example, this could include Helm charts, Falco configurations, and Open Policy Agent (OPA) policies.

Discovering artifacts to use with CNCF projects can be difficult. If every CNCF project that needs to share artifacts creates its own Hub this creates a fair amount of repeat work for each project and a fractured experience for those trying to find the artifacts to consume. The CNCF Hub attempts to solve that by providing a single experience for consumers that any CNCF project can leverage.

The project, accessible at https://hub.cncf.io, is currently in development in a pre-alpha state. Support for Helm charts is in development with plans to support more projects to follow. Pull requests, especially those to support other CNCF projects, are welcome.

I look forward to some healthy discussion over the technical bits along with how to proceed positionally with the project. For example, is this something that should be a sandbox project or a service from the CNCF? Or, something else?

For those interested in some more history and context...

At KubeCon/CloudNativeCon SD, last November, a group of us got together. That include Dan Kohn along with representatives from the Operator Framewok, KUDO, and Helm. Note, both the Operator Framework and KUDO are projects that were and are proposed for the CNCF.

After that meeting I was asked to write an initial specification to kick things off. You can read there here. The specification was started to be turned into reality by Dan through Cynthia and Sergio.

For those who might wonder why this was not more public sooner... the plan was to do so but the virus impact on operations, like the movement of conferences, has impacted the schedule.

I want to thank Dan for bringing people together around this topic and working to make the idea a reality.

I'm happy to try to answer any questions. But, as I have only been involved during parts of this process (and often to a limited extent outside of the spec and initial meeting) I may have to defer to others for answers.

CNCF Hub

Matt Farina

[...]

Re: CNCF TOC Survey 2020 H1 is now open, was March 6 close, now March 20

Amye Scavarda Perrin

To clarify, we're now keeping the TOC survey open through March 20.
I've changed the subject line to reflect.

Thank you!

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 5:01 PM Vinod NA <vinod@...> wrote:
Thank you, Chris, really appreciate it

I can understand the situation, thank you all for your great work through these difficult times.

Regards,

Vinod

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 12:52 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
We will extend the survey another two weeks, it's been a crazy week for the organization with the postponement and cancellation of events.

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 3:56 PM Vinod NA <vinod@...> wrote:
Hi Amye,

I haven't received any reminders about this survey? Was the reminder sent out to everyone? If not could you please extend the survey for a week?

Thanks!

Vinod

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 4:00 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
Hi all,
We're opening our TOC survey for the first half of 2020.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TOC-2020-H1

We'd appreciate your feedback, I'll send another reminder before this survey closes on March 6.
Thanks!
- amye

Re: Kubernetes Event-driven Autoscaling (KEDA) is looking for TOC sponsors for its Sandbox donation

Tom Kerkhove

We already have two sponsors and looking for our last sponsor!

If you are interested or want to learn more, don't hesitate to ask me questions!

Kind regards,

Tom Kerkhove
Microsoft Azure MVP & Advisor – AZUG Crew Member - Azure Architect at Codit

Blog - blog.tomkerkhove.be
Twitter - @TomKerkhove

Op ma 2 mrt. 2020 om 18:37 schreef Tom Kerkhove via Lists.Cncf.Io <kerkhove.tom=gmail.com@...>:

Great to hear, thank you so much Liz!

Tom Kerkhove
Azure Architect at Codit, Microsoft Azure MVP