Date

Re: CoC Language in the CNCF Graduation Criteria

Santiago Torres Arias <santiago@...>

Hi, Carolyn!

Apologies beforehand if this is not the place to bring this up. I don't
know if there was discussion behind this, so I may be missing a lot of
context. Anyway, off to the point.

Your comment made me wonder if having a CNCF-wide CoC is the best
approach. Alternatively, wouldn't having other options for CoCs to be
adopted be ideal? In other words, I wonder if "blessing" a group of
possible CoCs to adopt would be a better approach...

Thank you!
-Santiago

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 04:44:23PM +0000, Carolyn Van Slyck (CHIEF EMOJI OFFICER) via Lists.Cncf.Io wrote:
The Kubernetes Code of Conduct Committee wanted to clarify a recent change to the CNCF Graduation Criteria<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_toc_blob_master_process_graduation-5Fcriteria.adoc&d=DwIFAg&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=y-axRZJ21v7kTm0srYiRfw&m=9SwtJLD9Y0zcAmR12HzqfjznjHWU__P2xNMXV6BvBWo&s=e-B9aRebDYmNGhZ8PtbBvaHmSNhNZHcHQTXcpEZ1PnQ&e= > doc. The change adds to the Sandbox Stage "Adopt the CNCF Code of Conduct" which is great!

It does inadvertently tie our committee's hands a bit to perform our duties though. We have been discussing updating the K8s CoC and address gaps that we have run into during our term.

I'll submit a PR next week that tweaks the wording back so that the Kubernetes Code of Conduct Committee may continue to manage our Code of Conduct as we have so far.

Carolyn Van Slyck
Kubernetes Code of Conduct Committee

Re: Special issues process proposal

Shannon Williams <shannon@...>

Nice work Matt – I left a bit of feedback.

-shannon

From: "kubernetes-dev@..." <kubernetes-dev@...> on behalf of Brandon Philips <brandon.philips@...>
Date: Friday, 31 January 2020 at 02:00
To: Alexis Richardson <alexis@...>
Cc: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>, Kubernetes developer/contributor discussion <kubernetes-dev@...>
Subject: Re: Jepsen result for etcd 3.4.3

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 7:40 AM Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:

One side question from me -- I think it would be good to understand
more about recommended etcd set-ups at different scales of k8s cluster
(10, 50, 150, 500+ nodes) and how to deal with n/w partitions.

There are many variables on how much workload an API server puts on etcd but there is a ballpark guess doc here:

What do you mean by dealing with network partitions? Does the failure guide section on network partitions help? https://etcd.io/docs/v3.4.0/op-guide/failures/

Thanks,

Brandon

Re: Jepsen result for etcd 3.4.3

Brandon Philips <brandon.philips@...>

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 7:40 AM Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
One side question from me -- I think it would be good to understand
more about recommended etcd set-ups at different scales of k8s cluster
(10, 50, 150, 500+ nodes) and how to deal with n/w partitions.

There are many variables on how much workload an API server puts on etcd but there is a ballpark guess doc here:

What do you mean by dealing with network partitions? Does the failure guide section on network partitions help? https://etcd.io/docs/v3.4.0/op-guide/failures/

Thanks,

Brandon

Re: Jepsen result for etcd 3.4.3

alexis richardson

Big round of applause to everyone involved in this. Please do share
any thoughts back with CNCF on what can be done to help etcd continue
to be a trusted component of the K8s environment.

One side question from me -- I think it would be good to understand
more about recommended etcd set-ups at different scales of k8s cluster
(10, 50, 150, 500+ nodes) and how to deal with n/w partitions.

alexis

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 3:28 PM Brandon Philips
<brandon.philips@...> wrote:

Hello Kubernetes Dev-

In the last few weeks the etcd maintainers have been working with Kyle at Jepsen to test the project. Please read the blog post from Xiang for the full results: https://etcd.io/blog/jepsen-343-results/

Cheers,

Brandon

Re: [TOC Election] Qualified Nominees for January/February 2020 Election

Matt Farina

Richard,

Thanks! I've updated your info.

- Matt

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020, at 3:16 PM, Richard Hartmann wrote:
Hi Matt,

thanks for this!

Two updates: My Twitter is @TwitchiH and you can put me down as working for Grafana.

Best,
Richard

PS: In all seriousness, if I lose, I want to lose to you.

Sent by mobile; please excuse my brevity.

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020, 00:42 Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:

I was curios about the candidates and the process... so I wrote down what I saw in an election guide blog post. There's at least one link/reference for each candidate running (usually more), their location (should everyone be in the Pacific time zone?), and some more details on the process. Hope it's useful to someone doing due diligence on voting.

Cheers,
Matt

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020, at 3:00 PM, Amye Scavarda Perrin wrote:
Congratulations to our nominees for the Technical Oversight Committee!
These nominees have all passed the qualification process from the Governing Board and TOC.

Our nominees are:
Saad Ali
John Belamaric
Katie Gamanji
Richard Hartmann
Michael Hausenblas
Zhengyu He
Quinton Hoole
Frederick Kautz
Wei Lai
Vallery Lancey
Sheng Liang
Bryan Liles
Haifeng Liu
Kris Nova
Torin Sandall
Brian Scott
Eduardo Silva
Sugu Sougoumarane
Liu Tang
Ed Warnicke

Voting is now open for the five (5) seats available: three (3) from the Governing Board, one (1) from the End Users and one (1) from the maintainers of incubating and graduated projects. Voting will close on February 3, 2020 at 11:59am Pacific time, and the election results will be announced on February 3rd.

[...]

Re: 回复:[cncf-toc] [TOC Election] Qualified Nominees for January/February 2020 Election

Matt Farina

Zhengyu, thanks for letting me know. I've updated the post.

Regards,
Matt

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020, at 7:44 AM, Zhengyu He via Lists.Cncf.Io wrote:
A minor correction: I'm based in Hangzhou, China. I forgot to update my linkedin.

Thanks,
Zhengyu

[...]

刘海锋 <bjliuhaifeng@...>

Thank you Matt. It’s quite convenient.

[...]

[...]

[...]