Date

Re: Contour to CNCF sandbox

Matt Klein

The PR lists incubation as the desired level. So that is not accurate?

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 3:02 PM Joe Beda via Lists.Cncf.Io <jbeda=vmware.com@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I know we’ve talked about not syncing on TOC meetings to get new projects in.  As things stand, we have just submitted contour as a sandbox project and there is support from Alexis and Matt and me.

What do we want to consider necessary before we move forward?  Do we want to have SIG-network take a look or do we want to just “make it so”?

Personally, I’d be cool with just getting it in but don’t want to jump the gun.

Joe

Contour to CNCF sandbox

Joe Beda <jbeda@...>

Hi all,

I know we’ve talked about not syncing on TOC meetings to get new projects in.  As things stand, we have just submitted contour as a sandbox project and there is support from Alexis and Matt and me.

What do we want to consider necessary before we move forward?  Do we want to have SIG-network take a look or do we want to just “make it so”?

Personally, I’d be cool with just getting it in but don’t want to jump the gun.

Joe

Re: An interesting issue wrt CLA

swinslow@...

Thanks for raising this. In the case of Dependabot, if it is only modifying version numbers and hashes to bump dependency versions, I don't think there is any realistic concern that this bot would be contributing copyrightable content. That might not be the case for other bots but in this case I don't see a concern.

Because of that, from the CNCF / LF side I think we would be comfortable with having Dependabot changes not being blocked by the CLA bot. I'm coordinating with the LF IT team to whitelist Dependabot so that it will not be gated for the k8s CLA bot going forward.

Thanks,
Steve

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cncf-toc] An interesting issue wrt CLA

Matt Farina

document the desired approach in general.

What is the legal approach for a bot contributing code under a CLA? I'd be curious to know what the guard rails are. Then we can try to make the process as streamlined as possible.

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020, at 2:34 PM, Brendan Burns via Lists.Cncf.Io wrote:
I will definitely ping GitHub folks about this, but I thought it useful to at least document the desired approach in general.

发件人:Brendan Burns via Lists.Cncf.Io<bburns=microsoft.com@...>
日 期:2020年01月08日 01:21:26
收件人:briangrant@...<briangrant@...>; Liz Rice<liz@...>
抄 送:<cncf-toc@...>
主 题:Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] SIG Runtime

+1, binding

--brendan

+1 binding (on the assumption the minor details in the PR get addressed)

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145
On 7 Jan 2020, 14:00 +0000, Pengfei Ni , wrote:
+1 nb

Best regards.

---
Pengfei Ni

Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> 于2020年1月7日周二 上午5:39写道:

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/319

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] SIG Runtime

Brendan Burns

+1, binding

--brendan

+1 binding (on the assumption the minor details in the PR get addressed)

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145
On 7 Jan 2020, 14:00 +0000, Pengfei Ni , wrote:
+1 nb

Best regards.

---
Pengfei Ni

Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> 于2020年1月7日周二 上午5:39写道:
A new CNCF Runtime SIG has been proposed with Brian Grant and Brendan Burns as the TOC liaisons.

Co-Chairs: Quinton Hoole, Ricardo Aravena, with one more to be added.
Tech Leads to be decided in the future.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/319

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] SIG Runtime

Brian Grant

CNCF SIGs should not affect Kubernetes SIGs.

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 7:41 AM Ricardo <raravena80@...> wrote:
Xu,

AFAIK, k8s sig-node should remain as it is. Part of this group's focus would be working with sig-node so that runtimes can interface with k8s. For example, having a particular runtime implement the CRI.

Thx,
Ricardo

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 12:48 AM Xu Wang via Lists.Cncf.Io <xu=hyper.sh@...> wrote:
+1 nb.

And one question: How will the SIG-Runtime work affect Kubernetes SIG-Node?

From:Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>
Send Time:2020年1月7日(星期二) 05:42
To:CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject:[cncf-toc] [VOTE] SIG Runtime

[...]

Haining Zhang

+1 nb

On 1/7/20 5:39 AM, Amye Scavarda Perrin wrote:
A new CNCF Runtime SIG has been proposed with Brian Grant and Brendan Burns as the TOC liaisons.

Co-Chairs: Quinton Hoole, Ricardo Aravena, with one more to be added.
Tech Leads to be decided in the future.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/319

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...
_._,_._,_

[RESULT] SIG Network (Approved)

Amye Scavarda Perrin

The CNCF Network SIG has been approved:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/317

Binding: 6/9
Matt Klein: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3757
alexis richardson: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3759
Jeff Brewer: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3781
Liz Rice: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3783
Joe Beda: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3789
Xiang Li: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3806

Non-Binding:
Lee Calcote: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3752
Dave Zolotusky: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3753
Gou Rao: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3754
Alex Chircop: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3755
Jon Mittelhauser: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3756
Xing Yang: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3758
Ken Owens: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3762
Suresh Krishnan: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3763
Roger Klorese: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3764
Anil Vishnoi: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3766
Golfen Guo: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3768
Jeyappragash Jeyakeerthi: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3770
Steven Dake: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3773
Nicola Marco Decandia: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3774
Kiran Mova: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3776
Michael H Payne: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3782
Chris Short: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3795
Natraj Thuduppathy: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3796
Klaus Ma: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/3799

--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] SIG Runtime

Ricardo Aravena

From:Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>
Send Time:2020年1月7日(星期二) 05:42
To:CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

A new CNCF Runtime SIG has been proposed with Brian Grant and Brendan Burns as the TOC liaisons.

Co-Chairs: Quinton Hoole, Ricardo Aravena, with one more to be added.
Tech Leads to be decided in the future.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/319

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] SIG Runtime

[...]