From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of alexis richardson <alexis@...>
Date: Monday, January 6, 2020 at 12:43 PM
To: Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>
Cc: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] TOC Meeting Agenda for 1/7/2020

Apologies I'm on a plane tomorrow

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020, 20:12 Amye Scavarda Perrin, <ascavarda@...> wrote:

Hi all!

We will be meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, January 7th at 8am Pacific.

Agenda is SIG + Process Updates.

Slides are available.

Thank you!

--

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] SIG Runtime

A new CNCF Runtime SIG has been proposed with Brian Grant and Brendan Burns as the TOC liaisons.

Co-Chairs: Quinton Hoole, Ricardo Aravena, with one more to be added.
Tech Leads to be decided in the future.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/319

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] SIG Runtime

Gou Rao <grao@...>

+1 Non-Binding

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 1:39 PM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
A new CNCF Runtime SIG has been proposed with Brian Grant and Brendan Burns as the TOC liaisons.

Co-Chairs: Quinton Hoole, Ricardo Aravena, with one more to be added.
Tech Leads to be decided in the future.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/319

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] SIG Runtime

Matt Klein

+1 binding

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020, 21:39 Amye Scavarda Perrin, <ascavarda@...> wrote:
A new CNCF Runtime SIG has been proposed with Brian Grant and Brendan Burns as the TOC liaisons.

Co-Chairs: Quinton Hoole, Ricardo Aravena, with one more to be added.
Tech Leads to be decided in the future.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/319

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

[VOTE] SIG Runtime

Amye Scavarda Perrin

A new CNCF Runtime SIG has been proposed with Brian Grant and Brendan Burns as the TOC liaisons.

Co-Chairs: Quinton Hoole, Ricardo Aravena, with one more to be added.
Tech Leads to be decided in the future.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/319

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: TOC Meeting Agenda for 1/7/2020

alexis richardson

Apologies I'm on a plane tomorrow

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020, 20:12 Amye Scavarda Perrin, <ascavarda@...> wrote:
Hi all!
We will be meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, January 7th at 8am Pacific.
Agenda is SIG + Process Updates.
Slides are available.
Thank you!

--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

TOC Meeting Agenda for 1/7/2020

Amye Scavarda Perrin

Hi all!
We will be meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, January 7th at 8am Pacific.
Agenda is SIG + Process Updates.
Slides are available.
Thank you!

--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [TOC] Nominations extended through January 4, 2020 at 12pm Pacific

Amye Scavarda Perrin

Nominations are now closed, thanks to everyone who participated and gave feedback!

Final nominee count:
End User: 4
GB: 17
Maintainer: 8

The qualification period opens on Monday, January 6 and closes January 20th. We will be publishing the list of qualified nominees at that time.
-- amye

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 11:14 AM Amye Scavarda Perrin via Lists.Cncf.Io <ascavarda=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
Reminder: nominations close at 12 noon Pacific time tomorrow!

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 10:09 AM Amye Scavarda Perrin <amye@...> wrote:
Based on both feedback from the community and the amount of nominations currently in, we're extending the nomination deadline to January 4, 2020 at 12 PM Pacific.
This applies to all nominations.

Current count for nominations as of 10am Pacific:
GB: 4
End-user: 2
Maintainer: 4

Updated Timeline:
December 12: Nominations open – 12 PM PT
WAS: Dec 20: Nominations close (last day of business before holiday) – 12 PM PT
NOW: Jan 4, 2020 - 12 PM PT -- this is a Saturday!
Jan 6: Qualification period opens
Jan 20: Qualification period closes
Jan 20: Election opens, Voting occurs by a time-limited Condorcet-IRV ranking in CIVS
Feb 1: Election closes
Feb 3: Election results posted

If you have questions, CNCF staff (myself and others) will be watching over the mailing lists, the slack channels:#elections and #toc and email over the next two weeks. Responses may be delayed, but we will be responding!

Let me know if you have questions on this.
-- amye

--
[...]

Re: [VOTE] Increase Sandbox requirement to three sponsors from the TOC

Kiran Mova

+1 NB - After the clarifications received via the comments on github.

On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 2:32 PM Richard Hartmann <richih@...> wrote:
+1 NB with Joe's considerations

Sent by mobile; please excuse my brevity.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019, 23:21 Joe Beda via Lists.Cncf.Io <jbeda=vmware.com@...> wrote:

+1 assuming that this takes effect as the size of the TOC increases (as in we give folks fair warning that this will happen as we seat the new members)

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Liz Rice <liz@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 12:41 PM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Increase Sandbox requirement to three sponsors from the TOC

As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Re: [VOTE] Increase Sandbox requirement to three sponsors from the TOC

Gerred Dillon

-1 non-binding

i'm not thrilled with how the sandbox has already changed without a controlled burn rate, i disagree with this motion without other changes to the sandbox process happening. kudo has already been given -1s on sandbox inclusion based on incubating/graduating requirements in private as negative votes for inclusion -- despite communication that these weren't requirements. sandbox is either inclusive or it's not, and i'd rather inclusion at this stage, given there are no marketing expectations or official endorsement of these projects by the CNCF.

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 4:24 PM Thomas Mclennan <Thomas.mc@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

Re: [VOTE] Increase Sandbox requirement to three sponsors from the TOC

Thomas Mclennan <Thomas.mc@...>

+1 non-binding

Re: [VOTE] Increase Sandbox requirement to three sponsors from the TOC

Richard Hartmann

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Liz Rice <liz@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 12:41 PM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Re: [VOTE] Increase Sandbox requirement to three sponsors from the TOC

Brewer, Jeff

+1 binding

This email is from an external sender.

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Liz Rice <liz@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 12:41 PM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

As discussed earlier, I’m proposing that we change the requirement to join Sandbox to three TOC sponsors (up from two) as we are increasing the size of the TOC from 9 to 11 seats.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Re: Proposal - change one word in TOC Charter

alexis richardson

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 1:49 AM Li, Xiang <x.li@...> wrote:

+1 binding

from Alimail iPhone

发件人:Brian Grant via Lists.Cncf.Io<briangrant=google.com@...>
日 期:2019年12月20日 02:50:38
收件人:Liz Rice<liz@...>
抄 送:<cncf-toc@...>
主 题:Re: [cncf-toc] Proposal - change one word in TOC Charter

+1 binding

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 12:37 PM Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:

+1 as well

On 17 Dec 2019, 20:13 +0000, Joe Beda via Lists.Cncf.Io <jbeda=vmware.com@...>, wrote:

+1 Would love to see us make this change.

On 12/17/19, 10:39 AM, "cncf-toc@... on behalf of alexis richardson" <cncf-toc@... on behalf of alexis@...> wrote:

Folks

NOTE Clause 6.d.ii in the TOC charter:
https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcncf%2Ffoundation%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fcharter.md%236-technical-oversight-committee-toc&;data=02%7C01%7Cjbeda%40vmware.com%7Ce4461a3054ef4ab82f6608d7832069e1%7Cb39138ca3cee4b4aa4d6cd83d9dd62f0%7C0%7C0%7C637122047561995158&amp;sdata=uHq8dO6Fb4CaKAtbYnLCj3gXSzN8SGNv7%2BzD4zl9uJU%3D&amp;reserved=0

It says:
"ii. demonstrate an advanced level of professional experience as
engineers in the scope of CNCF"

As the TOC looks after ALL aspects of projects, community, etc, not
just "engineering".... I propose that we change "engineers" to
"technologists".

I'd be happy to say more about why, not least that IANAE myself. But
honestly I think the reasons should be fairly obvious.

alexis

Re: Proposal - change one word in TOC Charter

Li, Xiang

发件人:Brian Grant via Lists.Cncf.Io<briangrant=google.com@...>
日 期:2019年12月20日 02:50:38

https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcncf%2Ffoundation%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fcharter.md%236-technical-oversight-committee-toc&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cjbeda%40vmware.com%7Ce4461a3054ef4ab82f6608d7832069e1%7Cb39138ca3cee4b4aa4d6cd83d9dd62f0%7C0%7C0%7C637122047561995158&amp;sdata=uHq8dO6Fb4CaKAtbYnLCj3gXSzN8SGNv7%2BzD4zl9uJU%3D&amp;reserved=0

It says:
"ii. demonstrate an advanced level of professional experience as
engineers in the scope of CNCF"

As the TOC looks after ALL aspects of projects, community, etc, not
just "engineering".... I propose that we change "engineers" to
"technologists".

I'd be happy to say more about why, not least that IANAE myself. But
honestly I think the reasons should be fairly obvious.

alexis

Re: [TOC] Nominations extended through January 4, 2020 at 12pm Pacific

Kris Nova <kris.nova@...>

Yay! This is exciting - thanks for more time.

Kris Nova
Chief Open Source Advocate

On 19 Dec 2019, at 11:05, Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:

That's great, thanks Amye!

[...]