Date

Re: CNCF Sandbox projects and CNCF endorsement

Chris Aniszczyk

Yep, that's correct Saad:

As a CNCF member, they are able to do webinars based on our webinar program which is more inclusive than our other media options:

There are no rules there that preclude mention of sandbox projects like our blog guidelines:

A simple fix would be to update the webinar guidelines to be in more line with the blog guidelines.

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 1:45 PM Saad Ali via Lists.Cncf.Io <saadali=google.com@...> wrote:
Hey CNCF TOC,

I wanted to bring this up to you as a follow up on this thread.

We concluded on that thread "the CNCF Sandbox does not represent an endorsement by the CNCF of a project. It is a place to nurture new projects that may graduate to `endorsed` CNCF projects."

The email attached below is the kind of thing that I was worried about. While we said that sandbox products are not endorsed by the CNCF. After getting in to the CNCF Sandbox, OpenEBS is able to host webinars, send mass marketing emails to all CNCF members and all these things look very official and very much like a CNCF endorsement.

I don't have a problem with OpenEBS, they are just doing what makes sense for their business.

My concern is that we, the CNCF, have a very low bar for entry for the Sandbox which is being exploited.

I don't know what the best way to fix this is: should CNCF have stricter rules around marketing sandbox projects? should we have different branding (not including "CNCF" for Sandbox)?

Open to thoughts.

Regards,

Saad Ali

From: Cloud Native Computing Foundation <no-reply@...>
Date: Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 8:01 AM
To: <saadali@...>

[...]

Re: [VOTE] TUF Graduation Vote

Joe Beda <jbeda@...>

+1 binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>
Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 1:20 PM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] TUF Graduation Vote

TUF has requested to move to the graduation maturity level:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/166

Liz Rice from the TOC has performed due diligence and called the vote:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/166/files#diff-69a6bc0699274fad1c4a9760ec6ebc19
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/166#issuecomment-552813546

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Wednesday Dec 4 CNCF event at AWS re:Invent

Kim McMahon <kmcmahon@...>

Hello all!

During AWS re:invent this week in Las Vegas, CNCF is hosting a community event to bring together the cloud native and Kubernetes community for a night of networking. Join us for drinks and appetizers at the Opium Room in the Tao Asian Bistro in the Venetian hotel.

Date: Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Time: 8:30pm - 10:30pm PT
Location: Opium Room at the Tao Asian Bistro (in the Venetian)

CNCF has a booth at re:Invent and we welcome any of you to spend time with us in the booth to help answer questions on CNCF, cloud native, and our projects. And you get to meet a lot of people! You can sign up for a booth slot here.  Note, Thursday help is really needed! I’m in the booth alone!

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you all in Las Vegas!
Kim

Kim McMahon
Director of Marketing, CNCF
Mobile +1 303-570-2454
Twitter @kamcmahon
Schedule a meeting with me! https://calendly.com/kamcmahon

Seoul
Sydney

Re: Apologies for Dec 3 meeting

Matt Young

Hi!

We've just joined the CNCF (last week).  I'm also at re:Invent next week.

I'm up for an actual meeting if anyone wants to chat in person :)

Matt

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 1:18 PM alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
Me neither

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019, 18:17 Liz Rice, <liz@...> wrote:
Apologies, I won’t be able to make the TOC meeting next week due to reInvent

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Re: Apologies for Dec 3 meeting

alexis richardson

Me neither

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019, 18:17 Liz Rice, <liz@...> wrote:
Apologies, I won’t be able to make the TOC meeting next week due to reInvent

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Apologies for Dec 3 meeting

Liz Rice

Apologies, I won’t be able to make the TOC meeting next week due to reInvent

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

Re: [VOTE] TUF Graduation Vote

JJ

+1 non-binding

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 12:38 PM Sumana Harihareswara <sh@...> wrote:
+1 (non-binding)

I work on Python packaging and distribution. Per
https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/5247 , the central platform for
distributing Python packages (the Python Package Index, or PyPI) is
working to adopt TUF.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
project manager on contract with the Python Software Foundation

Re: [VOTE] TUF Graduation Vote

Sumana Harihareswara <sh@...>

+1 (non-binding)

I work on Python packaging and distribution. Per https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/5247 , the central platform for distributing Python packages (the Python Package Index, or PyPI) is working to adopt TUF.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
project manager on contract with the Python Software Foundation
member of the Python Packaging Authority

Re: [VOTE] Falco moving to incubation

Johan Tordsson

+1 nb

Links:

View/Reply Online (#3860) | Reply To Sender | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_

--
------------------------------
Johan Tordsson, PhD

Re: [VOTE] Falco moving to incubation

Siddharth Bhadri

+1 NB

Thanks & Regards,

Siddharth Bhadri
Software Engineer

Infoblox | Next Level Networking

My I.D.™ is 7732
sbhadri@...
  |  www.infoblox.com

signature_2075367438

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Kasper Nissen via Lists.Cncf.Io" <kni=lunarway.com@...>
Reply to: "kni@..." <kni@...>
Date: Tuesday, 26 November 2019 at 12:10 PM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Falco moving to incubation

+1 nb

Med Venlig Hilsen / Best Regards

Kasper Nissen

Site Reliability Engineer

+45 30 49 07 20

kni@...lunarway.com

CVR: DK36982837

Re: [VOTE] Falco moving to incubation

Kasper Nissen

+1 nb

Med Venlig Hilsen / Best Regards
Kasper Nissen
Site Reliability Engineer
+45 30 49 07 20
kni@...lunarway.com
CVR: DK36982837

Re: [VOTE] Falco moving to incubation

iftach Schonbaum

+1 nb

Iftach Schonbaum

Senior Solution Architect

+972-52-8281751

cloudzone.io

signature_1672788716

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Jon Mittelhauser via Lists.Cncf.Io" <jon.mittelhauser=oracle.com@...>
Date: Monday, 25 November 2019 at 23:57
To: Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

+1 non-binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>
Date: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 10:26 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Falco moving to incubation

Falco has requested to move to the incubation maturity level:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/307

The Falco community believes it has fulfilled all the incubation criteria:

Joe Beda from the TOC has performed due diligence:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TJCzW8dQ6858lw2UNY-H5LMnvEd4GzwjuOcDInimeyA/edit?ts=5dacfd96#heading=h.378jkvcve1nq

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/307

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] Falco moving to incubation

Jon Mittelhauser

+1 non-binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>
Date: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 10:26 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

Falco has requested to move to the incubation maturity level:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/307

The Falco community believes it has fulfilled all the incubation criteria:

Joe Beda from the TOC has performed due diligence:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TJCzW8dQ6858lw2UNY-H5LMnvEd4GzwjuOcDInimeyA/edit?ts=5dacfd96#heading=h.378jkvcve1nq

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/307

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] Falco moving to incubation

rishi@...

Edited

+1 Non-binding.

Our Kubernetes monitoring solution uses Falco events to monitor and detect abnormal container, application, host, and network activity and Falco Kubernetes audit events to monitor and detect notable or suspicious activity such as creating pods that are privileged, mount sensitive host paths, use host networking, and the like.

Rishi Divate

Principal Technical Product Manager, Sumo Logic

Re: [VOTE] TUF Graduation Vote

Santiago Torres Arias

+1 NB

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 07:52:09AM -0800, Brandon Lum wrote:
+1 (non binding)

Re: [VOTE] TUF Graduation Vote

Sarah Allen

+1 NB

TUF fills an important niche in the security of the cloud native ecosystem.  Additionally, it's contributors and implementers play an active role in sharing security practices in CNCF SIG-Security and elsewhere, demonstrating model open source citizenship.

Sarah Allen
SIG-Security co-chair

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 4:36 PM Brendan Burns via Lists.Cncf.Io <bburns=microsoft.com@...> wrote:
+1. binding.

发件人:Michelle Noorali via Lists.Cncf.Io<michelle.noorali=microsoft.com@...>
日 期:2019年11月19日 04:43:41
收件人:cncf-toc@...<cncf-toc@...>; pkm266@...<pkm266@...>
抄 送:<cncf-toc@...>
From: Giulio Roggero <giulio.roggero@...>
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019 at 13:00
To: Paolo Mainardi <paolo.mainardi@...>
Cc: Jacopo Nardiello <jacopo@...>, Nicola Marco Decandia <n.decandia@...>, "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] KCD in Rome - Italy

Ciao Jacopo,

count us, as Mia-Platform, for Milan

Thanks

Giulio

Il giorno mer 20 nov 2019 alle 12:49 Paolo Mainardi <paolo.mainardi@...> ha scritto:

Ciao Jacopo,

Count on me for Milano.

Thanks,

P.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 12:45 PM Jacopo Nardiello <jacopo@...> wrote:

Hi all, as highlighted, the cloud native ecosystem in Italy is much wider than just desotech/kiratech.

SIGHUP, Together with VMware and Redhat are in process of submitting a proposal for Milan. Whoever is interested in participating, we are defining the organizers team right now, so please reach out (@Paolo?).

Not having people available in Rome, I doubt we would be able to contribute there (let’s keep this option open but unlikely).

Thanks

Il 20 nov 2019, 12:38 +0100, Nicola Marco Decandia <n.decandia@...>, ha scritto:

Oh, thank you Paolo for updating me.

If you permit me, I can add you as organizer, so we can help each other. We are a Kubernetes Training partner.

You can write me on this email 😊

Have a good day, Paolo.

Nicola Marco Decandia

Desotech srl

From: Paolo Mainardi <paolo.mainardi@...>
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019 at 12:34
To: Nicola Marco Decandia <n.decandia@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

Hi Nicola and everyone,

Such a great initiative, i think that we can help you on that!

Just to be precise in Italy we are more than 2 CNCF members, my company (Sparkfabrik) is one of them and i know at least another one (Sighup),

both of us KCSP partners as well.

Let's talk on the newly created issue on Github.

Best regards,

P.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 12:25 PM Nicola Marco Decandia <n.decandia@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
in Italy we are just two CNCF Partner (Kiratech and Desotech), and together we are organizing this event in Rome, one of the most beautiful city in Italy.
We also are interesting the CTO of Internet Service Provider of Vatican City to participate as organiser to our events.
This is the link of the events:
https://github.com/cncf/kubernetes-community-days/issues/218

We are looking for some sponsors. maybe someone here wants to help to build this event, we will be happy to works together.
Have a good day to everyone.

Nicola Marco Decandia
Desotech S.r.l.

--

SPARKFABRIK

Paolo Mainardi

CTO & Founder

tel: +39-340-1678089

skype: paolo_mainardi

<>

--

SPARKFABRIK

Paolo Mainardi

CTO & Founder

tel: +39-340-1678089

skype: paolo_mainardi

--

Giulio Roggero

CTO & Co-Founder

:(){ :|:& };:

T +39 02 89280431
+39 329 7487703

turns your company into a Digital Platform

Re: KCD in Rome - Italy

Giulio Roggero

From: Paolo Mainardi <paolo.mainardi@...>
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019 at 12:34
To: Nicola Marco Decandia <n.decandia@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

M +39 329 7487703

Mia-platform firma.png
turns your company into a Digital Platform

Best Workplaces Italia 2019.png

CNCF.png

Re: KCD in Rome - Italy

Paolo Mainardi