From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Jon Mittelhauser via Lists.Cncf.Io" <jon.mittelhauser=oracle.com@...>
Date: Monday, 25 November 2019 at 23:57
To: Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Falco moving to incubation

+1 non-binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>
Date: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 10:26 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Falco moving to incubation

Falco has requested to move to the incubation maturity level:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/307

The Falco community believes it has fulfilled all the incubation criteria:

Joe Beda from the TOC has performed due diligence:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TJCzW8dQ6858lw2UNY-H5LMnvEd4GzwjuOcDInimeyA/edit?ts=5dacfd96#heading=h.378jkvcve1nq

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/307

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] Falco moving to incubation

Jon Mittelhauser

+1 non-binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>
Date: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 10:26 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

Falco has requested to move to the incubation maturity level:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/307

The Falco community believes it has fulfilled all the incubation criteria:

Joe Beda from the TOC has performed due diligence:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TJCzW8dQ6858lw2UNY-H5LMnvEd4GzwjuOcDInimeyA/edit?ts=5dacfd96#heading=h.378jkvcve1nq

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/307

Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Re: [VOTE] Falco moving to incubation

rishi@...

Edited

+1 Non-binding.

Our Kubernetes monitoring solution uses Falco events to monitor and detect abnormal container, application, host, and network activity and Falco Kubernetes audit events to monitor and detect notable or suspicious activity such as creating pods that are privileged, mount sensitive host paths, use host networking, and the like.

Rishi Divate

Principal Technical Product Manager, Sumo Logic

Re: [VOTE] TUF Graduation Vote

Santiago Torres Arias

+1 NB

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 07:52:09AM -0800, Brandon Lum wrote:
+1 (non binding)

Re: [VOTE] TUF Graduation Vote

Sarah Allen

+1 NB

TUF fills an important niche in the security of the cloud native ecosystem.  Additionally, it's contributors and implementers play an active role in sharing security practices in CNCF SIG-Security and elsewhere, demonstrating model open source citizenship.

Sarah Allen
SIG-Security co-chair

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 4:36 PM Brendan Burns via Lists.Cncf.Io <bburns=microsoft.com@...> wrote:
+1. binding.

发件人:Michelle Noorali via Lists.Cncf.Io<michelle.noorali=microsoft.com@...>
日 期:2019年11月19日 04:43:41
收件人:cncf-toc@...<cncf-toc@...>; pkm266@...<pkm266@...>
抄 送:<cncf-toc@...>
From: Giulio Roggero <giulio.roggero@...>
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019 at 13:00
To: Paolo Mainardi <paolo.mainardi@...>
Cc: Jacopo Nardiello <jacopo@...>, Nicola Marco Decandia <n.decandia@...>, "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] KCD in Rome - Italy

Ciao Jacopo,

count us, as Mia-Platform, for Milan

Thanks

Giulio

Il giorno mer 20 nov 2019 alle 12:49 Paolo Mainardi <paolo.mainardi@...> ha scritto:

Ciao Jacopo,

Count on me for Milano.

Thanks,

P.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 12:45 PM Jacopo Nardiello <jacopo@...> wrote:

Hi all, as highlighted, the cloud native ecosystem in Italy is much wider than just desotech/kiratech.

SIGHUP, Together with VMware and Redhat are in process of submitting a proposal for Milan. Whoever is interested in participating, we are defining the organizers team right now, so please reach out (@Paolo?).

Not having people available in Rome, I doubt we would be able to contribute there (let’s keep this option open but unlikely).

Thanks

Il 20 nov 2019, 12:38 +0100, Nicola Marco Decandia <n.decandia@...>, ha scritto:

Oh, thank you Paolo for updating me.

If you permit me, I can add you as organizer, so we can help each other. We are a Kubernetes Training partner.

You can write me on this email 😊

Have a good day, Paolo.

Nicola Marco Decandia

Desotech srl

From: Paolo Mainardi <paolo.mainardi@...>
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019 at 12:34
To: Nicola Marco Decandia <n.decandia@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

Hi Nicola and everyone,

Such a great initiative, i think that we can help you on that!

Just to be precise in Italy we are more than 2 CNCF members, my company (Sparkfabrik) is one of them and i know at least another one (Sighup),

both of us KCSP partners as well.

Let's talk on the newly created issue on Github.

Best regards,

P.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 12:25 PM Nicola Marco Decandia <n.decandia@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
in Italy we are just two CNCF Partner (Kiratech and Desotech), and together we are organizing this event in Rome, one of the most beautiful city in Italy.
We also are interesting the CTO of Internet Service Provider of Vatican City to participate as organiser to our events.
This is the link of the events:
https://github.com/cncf/kubernetes-community-days/issues/218

We are looking for some sponsors. maybe someone here wants to help to build this event, we will be happy to works together.
Have a good day to everyone.

Nicola Marco Decandia
Desotech S.r.l.

--

SPARKFABRIK

Paolo Mainardi

CTO & Founder

tel: +39-340-1678089

skype: paolo_mainardi

<>

--

SPARKFABRIK

Paolo Mainardi

CTO & Founder

tel: +39-340-1678089

skype: paolo_mainardi

--

Giulio Roggero

CTO & Co-Founder

:(){ :|:& };:

T +39 02 89280431
+39 329 7487703

turns your company into a Digital Platform

Re: KCD in Rome - Italy

Giulio Roggero

From: Paolo Mainardi <paolo.mainardi@...>
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019 at 12:34
To: Nicola Marco Decandia <n.decandia@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

M +39 329 7487703

Mia-platform firma.png
turns your company into a Digital Platform

Best Workplaces Italia 2019.png

CNCF.png

Re: KCD in Rome - Italy

Paolo Mainardi

From: Paolo Mainardi <paolo.mainardi@...>
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019 at 12:34
To: Nicola Marco Decandia <n.decandia@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Ciao Nicola,

I don't think i can be an organizer because we are based in Milano, but we can try to help you
in other ways.

Have a nice day too!
P.

From: Paolo Mainardi <paolo.mainardi@...>
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019 at 12:34
To: Nicola Marco Decandia <n.decandia@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Image removed by sender.

--
SPARKFABRIK

Paolo Mainardi
CTO & Founder

tel: +39-340-1678089
skype: paolo_mainardi

Re: KCD in Rome - Italy

Nicola Marco Decandia

From: Paolo Mainardi <paolo.mainardi@...>
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019 at 12:34
To: Nicola Marco Decandia <n.decandia@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

KCD in Rome - Italy

Nicola Marco Decandia

Hello everyone,
in Italy we are just two CNCF Partner (Kiratech and Desotech), and together we are organizing this event in Rome, one of the most beautiful city in Italy.
We also are interesting the CTO of Internet Service Provider of Vatican City to participate as organiser to our events.
This is the link of the events:
https://github.com/cncf/kubernetes-community-days/issues/218

We are looking for some sponsors. maybe someone here wants to help to build this event, we will be happy to works together.
Have a good day to everyone.

Nicola Marco Decandia
Desotech S.r.l.

Re: FYI: Kubernetes Community Days (KCD)

Giovanni Clement

Hi Reda,

For sure both roles,
As organizer(me) and as sponsor.

Giovanni.

Sent from my phone. Please excuse any typos.

Le 19 nov. 2019 à 21:10, Reda Benzair <reda.benzair@...> a écrit :

Hi Nicolas, Clement,

Great news, now the challenge is finding sponsors, if Scality can contribute as Sponsor it would be awesome, please can you check internally if it is ok.

Clement, can you check from your side if OVH would like to contribute or if you would like to help as an Organizer.

I open the ticket, you can comment directly.

Cordialement, Best Regards
Reda Benzair  |  Mobile Phone : 00 33 6 07 50 36 18  | SkypeID : reda.benzair |  Twitter : @BenzairReda |  LinkedIN : https://www.linkedin.com/in/reda-benzair-41247a2/

On 19 November 2019 at 00:08:52, Nicolas Trangez (nicolas.trangez@...) wrote:

Hello Reda,

On Mon, 2019-11-18 at 14:38 -0600, Reda Benzair wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thank you for the reminder to open the issue, and thank for the
> introduction to clement.
> Yes, you are right we did not an open issue yet because we are still
> looking for a sponsor and help to organize the event in 2020.

I'm with Scality. We have an engineering office in Paris, where many of
us work on and with CNCF-related projects. We're also a CNCF member.

If you'd like me to, I can check internally whether there's opportunity
to sponsor such event (no promises, not my call to make) or otherwise
facilitate the organization.

Let me know,

Nicolas

> Hi Clement, we have already worked successfully with your team to
> organize
> meetup (Andry Ramiandrasoa), if you are a volunteer to help or to
> organize
> the event, we will be very happy me and all CNCF Paris volunteer to
> help
> and work with you.
>

> Cordialement, Best Regards
>

> *Reda Benzair * | *Mobile Phone* : 00 33 6 07 50 36 18 | *SkypeID*
> :
> reda.benzair | *Twitter* : @BenzairReda <
> https://twitter.com/BenzairReda> |
> *LinkedIN :* https://www.linkedin.com/in/reda-benzair-41247a2/
>

> On 18 November 2019 at 21:26:23, Chris Aniszczyk (
> caniszczyk@...) wrote:
>
> Absolutely, no one has applied yet for Paris:
> https://github.com/cncf/kubernetes-community-days/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+paris
>
> +Reda Benzair <reda.benzair@...> who is a CNCF Ambassador in
> the area
> that may be willing to help co-organize.
>
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 12:06 PM Giovanni Clement <
> giovanni.clement@...> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to add more cities ?
> > Like Paris ?
> >
> > Sent from my phone. Please excuse any typos.
> >
> > Le 18 nov. 2019 à 20:57, alexis richardson <alexis@...> a
> > écrit :
> >
> > This is great to see. Well done!
> >
> > On Mon, 18 Nov 2019, 10:22 Chris Aniszczyk, <
> > caniszczyk@...> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey all, I was just chatting with someone that asked about where
> > > we were
> > > with the request for more community organized events, for those
> > > that aren't
> > > aware, last month we announced Kubernetes Community Days:
> > > https://www.cncf.io/blog/2019/10/03/announcing-kubernetes-community-days/
> > >
> > > It's live and we have received a lot of requests already, folks
> > > can learn
> > > more here on how to organize an event:
> > > https://kubernetescommunitydays.org/organizing/
> > >
> > > You can see some examples here:
> > >
> > > Berlin:
> > > https://github.com/cncf/kubernetes-community-days/issues/177
> > > Amsterdam:
> > > https://github.com/cncf/kubernetes-community-days/issues/185
> > > Munich:
> > > https://github.com/cncf/kubernetes-community-days/issues/182
> > > Denver:
> > > https://github.com/cncf/kubernetes-community-days/issues/208
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719
> > >

> --
> Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Re: FYI: Kubernetes Community Days (KCD)

Ed

Perfect! Thank you!

And please also loop Queeny Jin (jinkun@...) in, she is also a CNCF Ambassadors, she will help on that.

Re: FYI: Kubernetes Community Days (KCD)

Chris Aniszczyk

Awesome, see this page for instructions:

I also forwarded this to the CNCF China team to assist finding more organizers :)

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 12:52 PM Dongxu Huang <huang@...> wrote:
I'm a little bit surprised there's no KCD in China. :)
We (PingCAP, the company behind TiKV) are more happy to provide help, maybe we can host it in Beijing / Shanghai.

Reda Benzair <reda.benzair@...>

> [...]

> > > It's live and we have received a lot of requests already, folks
> > > can learn
> > > more here on how to organize an event:
> > > https://kubernetescommunitydays.org/organizing/
> > >
> > > You can see some examples here:
> > >
> > > Berlin:
> > > https://github.com/cncf/kubernetes-community-days/issues/177
> > > Amsterdam:
> > > https://github.com/cncf/kubernetes-community-days/issues/185
> > > Munich:
> > > https://github.com/cncf/kubernetes-community-days/issues/182
> > > Denver:
> > > https://github.com/cncf/kubernetes-community-days/issues/208
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719
> > >

> --
> Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Re: FYI: Kubernetes Community Days (KCD)

m-krishna kumar <krish00@...>

Hi Rajesh,

yes, we are in the making of a KCD in Bangalore - https://github.com/cncf/kubernetes-community-days/issues/169
Let us discuss in github more on it. Looking for sponsors now......

+ There are two major events happening in February (Bangalore & Delhi) -

Call my cell - 9611765712, we can sync more quickly.

thanks
Krishna

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 6:51 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
1) we do have ambassadors in India, you can find them here: https://www.cncf.io/people/ambassadors/ (Krishna and Nikhta etc)
2) there is an event in Bengaluru planned that you may want to get involved in https://github.com/cncf/kubernetes-community-days/issues/169

+Krishna but I would move your discussion to the GitHub here with him:

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 5:15 PM RAJESH CHALLA <raj@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am wondering whether there is any Ambassador from India. There are great number of Kubernetes aspirants in Bangalore and Mumbai.

I will really appreciate if there can be any possibility to organize these kind of events in India too.

Regards,
Rajesh challa
Samsung R&D India, Bangalore.