Date

Re: TOC Meeting 10/1/2019

Matt Klein

Apologies but I will miss the meeting today due to travel.

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 7:17 AM Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...> wrote:
Hi all!
We'll be meeting today:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jpoKT12jf2jTf-2EJSAl4iTdA7Aoj_uiI19qIaECNFc/edit#

We'll be getting updates from the SIGs, a follow-up presentation from Longhorn, Jaeger's Graduation Review and a SIG-Security Review: Open Policy Agent.
Moving forward between now and November 5th, we'll be prioritizing graduation reviews.
--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

TOC Meeting 10/1/2019

Amye Scavarda Perrin

Hi all!
We'll be meeting today:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jpoKT12jf2jTf-2EJSAl4iTdA7Aoj_uiI19qIaECNFc/edit#

We'll be getting updates from the SIGs, a follow-up presentation from Longhorn, Jaeger's Graduation Review and a SIG-Security Review: Open Policy Agent.
Moving forward between now and November 5th, we'll be prioritizing graduation reviews.
--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Agenda for TOC Meeting, Tuesday 10/1

We'll be meeting Tuesday:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Rrg4vg1EUBWsGszECNRF7St3EtBeESGlsGTh3_yXJx8/edit#slide=id.g25ca91f87f_0_0
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jpoKT12jf2jTf-2EJSAl4iTdA7Aoj_uiI19qIaECNFc/edit

We have SIG Updates, Jaegar's Graduation Review, a SIG Security assessment of OPA and a presentation from Longhorn.

--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...

Draft Charter for CNCF Core SIG

Quinton Hoole <quinton@...>

Hi

A few of us have put together a draft charter for the CNCF Core SIG
We would like to distribute it more widely for community feedback now.
If you have an interest in this area, please reach out to me, and/or comment on the doc.
If there is sufficient interest, I will schedule a meeting to discuss and finalize the doc.
We hope to have it wrapped up in the next two weeks.

Regards

Quinton

quinton@...

Re: First dibs: Maintainers Panel at CNCF End User Partner Summit

colin@...

The NATS team would be happy to volunteer a maintainer to represent messaging/streaming.

CNCF 2020 prospectus for KubeCon and Kubernetes Forums

Dan Kohn <dan@...>

CNCF has now published our 2020 prospectus for events including KubeCon + CloudNativeCon (in Amsterdam, Shanghai, and Boston) and our new Kubernetes Forums (in 9 global cities). The prospectus is attached; please consider these events in your 2020 budget plans

We will be holding Kubernetes Forums in Seoul and Sydney the second week of December 2019 and (most likely) in Bengaluru and Delhi the third week of February 2020. You can sponsor the Kubernetes Forum *and* run your own day-long co-located event for a cost starting at $25k per city. Later in 2020, we'll be holding events in Mexico City & Sao Pãulo, Tel Aviv, Tokyo & Seoul, and Singapore & Sydney as described on page 20 of the prospectus.

If you have questions about the sponsorships, please book a time with Kathy at https://calendly.com/kosweiler or you can get a contract by emailing her at sponsor@....

Thanks.
--
Dan Kohn <dan@...> +1-415-233-1000
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation cncf.io

FYI: TOC growing from 9 to 11 seats

Chris Aniszczyk

At the last GB meeting, the board approved a charter change to increase the TOC size from 9 to 11: https://www.cncf.io/blog/2019/09/19/title-turning-the-toc-up-to-11/

The TOC will now consist of:

6 by the Governing Board (GB)
2 by the End User Community (rather than 1)
1 by the non-sandbox project maintainers (rather than 0)
2 by the other 9 members of the TOC

What is NEW is that the TOC is adding an additional End User seat and a new seat for non-sandbox project maintainers.

The next TOC Elections will take place in December, with 3 GB-appointed TOC members up for election. The new end user-appointed member and a maintainer-appointed member will also be elected at this time. All TOC terms will still be 2 years.

Thanks and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Re: First dibs: Maintainers Panel at CNCF End User Partner Summit

Eduardo Silva

I am happy to join to represent Observability/Logging area

I'm happy to participate but if there are other CNCF maintainers who would like to be on the panel, please feel free to give them first priority.