Date   

Re: CNCF copyright assignment recommendations

Dan Kohn <dan@...>
 

No, retaining git history of contributed files is not our recommendation. We removed that bullet to avoid confusion.
--
Dan Kohn <dan@...> +1-415-233-1000
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation cncf.io
dankohn.com or book on my calendar: dankohn.com/c


On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 3:25 AM Justin Cormack <justin.cormack@...> wrote:
Thanks.

The last paragraph implies but does not state that git history should be retained on imported (non vendored) files, should this be made explicit?

Justin


On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 at 23:42, Dan Kohn <dan@...> wrote:
We've had some questions in the past about CNCF's recommendations on copyright assignment, and so are pleased that the LF attorney (Steve Winslow) was able to put together such clear guidance: https://github.com/cncf/foundation/blob/master/copyright-notices.md

Note that Kubernetes and other projects have already been following this approach, but it's nice to have the recommendation and reasoning in one place.
--
Dan Kohn <dan@...> +1-415-233-1000
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation cncf.io
dankohn.com or book on my calendar: dankohn.com/c


Re: CNCF copyright assignment recommendations

Justin Cormack
 

Thanks.

The last paragraph implies but does not state that git history should be retained on imported (non vendored) files, should this be made explicit?

Justin


On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 at 23:42, Dan Kohn <dan@...> wrote:
We've had some questions in the past about CNCF's recommendations on copyright assignment, and so are pleased that the LF attorney (Steve Winslow) was able to put together such clear guidance: https://github.com/cncf/foundation/blob/master/copyright-notices.md

Note that Kubernetes and other projects have already been following this approach, but it's nice to have the recommendation and reasoning in one place.
--
Dan Kohn <dan@...> +1-415-233-1000
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation cncf.io
dankohn.com or book on my calendar: dankohn.com/c


CNCF copyright assignment recommendations

Dan Kohn <dan@...>
 

We've had some questions in the past about CNCF's recommendations on copyright assignment, and so are pleased that the LF attorney (Steve Winslow) was able to put together such clear guidance: https://github.com/cncf/foundation/blob/master/copyright-notices.md

Note that Kubernetes and other projects have already been following this approach, but it's nice to have the recommendation and reasoning in one place.
--
Dan Kohn <dan@...> +1-415-233-1000
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation cncf.io
dankohn.com or book on my calendar: dankohn.com/c


Re: SIG updates at TOC open meetings

Amye Scavarda Perrin
 

We've recently changed the TOC meeting structure:
1st Tuesday of the month is a public TOC meeting
2nd Tuesday is a closed TOC meeting
3rd Tuesday is project presentation.
Our notes are always on the TOC Working Doc. 


On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 9:08 AM Sarah Allen <sarah@...> wrote:

It would be great to hear about what all the SIGs are doing at a TOC meeting, and have a regular time/place to share updates from SIG-Security.  

I think I'm missing a little context -- I couldn't find anything in the toc repo or by searching on google referencing frequency and format of "TOC open meetings."  

Most meetings are public meetings and I think a few times per month would be too frequent.  Does this refer to the meetings that usually happen at KubeCon/CloudNativeCon?  

Thanks!
Sarah

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 1:58 AM Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
I'm going to assume that folks didn't respond because they think it's a good idea :-) 

Amye, please could you coordinate with the SIG chairs and get them onto the agenda for the next public TOC meeting (Sep)? These can be *brief* updates, maybe one slide each SIG. We'll see how it works and iterate from there. 

Thanks,
Liz
On 8 Aug 2019, 10:46 +0100, Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...>, wrote:


Yes - this makes sense - happy to do this.   It would also serve as a means to get TOC feedback and for the SIG to raise any items that might require TOC discussion.  If there are items that require a deep dive, they could even move to the SIG call directly perhaps.

+1 from me.

Thanks,
Alex


From: "Liz Rice via Lists.Cncf.Io" <liz=lizrice.com@...>
Sent: Thursday, 8 August 2019 12:11
To: cncf-toc@...
Cc: cncf-toc@...
Subject: [cncf-toc] SIG updates at TOC open meetings

Hi everyone, 

I’d like to suggest that every SIG should have a space on the TOC open meeting agenda to present an update. I’m picturing a summary of recent SIG outputs, upcoming plans, maybe a brief dive into any particularly interesting or contentious conclusions. 

We can time-box these discussions and if there are additional questions or folks interested in a deeper dive, this could be scheduled separately. 

What do you think? 

Liz



--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager, CNCF | amye@...


Re: SIG updates at TOC open meetings

Liz Rice
 

I meant the monthly public TOC meetings (1st Tue of the month, the ones that aren't dedicated for project reviews)
On 17 Aug 2019, 15:08 +0100, Sarah Allen <sarah@...>, wrote:


It would be great to hear about what all the SIGs are doing at a TOC meeting, and have a regular time/place to share updates from SIG-Security.  

I think I'm missing a little context -- I couldn't find anything in the toc repo or by searching on google referencing frequency and format of "TOC open meetings."  

Most meetings are public meetings and I think a few times per month would be too frequent.  Does this refer to the meetings that usually happen at KubeCon/CloudNativeCon?  

Thanks!
Sarah

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 1:58 AM Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
I'm going to assume that folks didn't respond because they think it's a good idea :-) 

Amye, please could you coordinate with the SIG chairs and get them onto the agenda for the next public TOC meeting (Sep)? These can be *brief* updates, maybe one slide each SIG. We'll see how it works and iterate from there. 

Thanks,
Liz
On 8 Aug 2019, 10:46 +0100, Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...>, wrote:


Yes - this makes sense - happy to do this.   It would also serve as a means to get TOC feedback and for the SIG to raise any items that might require TOC discussion.  If there are items that require a deep dive, they could even move to the SIG call directly perhaps.

+1 from me.

Thanks,
Alex


From: "Liz Rice via Lists.Cncf.Io" <liz=lizrice.com@...>
Sent: Thursday, 8 August 2019 12:11
To: cncf-toc@...
Cc: cncf-toc@...
Subject: [cncf-toc] SIG updates at TOC open meetings

Hi everyone, 

I’d like to suggest that every SIG should have a space on the TOC open meeting agenda to present an update. I’m picturing a summary of recent SIG outputs, upcoming plans, maybe a brief dive into any particularly interesting or contentious conclusions. 

We can time-box these discussions and if there are additional questions or folks interested in a deeper dive, this could be scheduled separately. 

What do you think? 

Liz


Re: SIG updates at TOC open meetings

Sarah Allen
 


It would be great to hear about what all the SIGs are doing at a TOC meeting, and have a regular time/place to share updates from SIG-Security.  

I think I'm missing a little context -- I couldn't find anything in the toc repo or by searching on google referencing frequency and format of "TOC open meetings."  

Most meetings are public meetings and I think a few times per month would be too frequent.  Does this refer to the meetings that usually happen at KubeCon/CloudNativeCon?  

Thanks!
Sarah


On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 1:58 AM Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
I'm going to assume that folks didn't respond because they think it's a good idea :-) 

Amye, please could you coordinate with the SIG chairs and get them onto the agenda for the next public TOC meeting (Sep)? These can be *brief* updates, maybe one slide each SIG. We'll see how it works and iterate from there. 

Thanks,
Liz
On 8 Aug 2019, 10:46 +0100, Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...>, wrote:


Yes - this makes sense - happy to do this.   It would also serve as a means to get TOC feedback and for the SIG to raise any items that might require TOC discussion.  If there are items that require a deep dive, they could even move to the SIG call directly perhaps.

+1 from me.

Thanks,
Alex


From: "Liz Rice via Lists.Cncf.Io" <liz=lizrice.com@...>
Sent: Thursday, 8 August 2019 12:11
To: cncf-toc@...
Cc: cncf-toc@...
Subject: [cncf-toc] SIG updates at TOC open meetings

Hi everyone, 

I’d like to suggest that every SIG should have a space on the TOC open meeting agenda to present an update. I’m picturing a summary of recent SIG outputs, upcoming plans, maybe a brief dive into any particularly interesting or contentious conclusions. 

We can time-box these discussions and if there are additional questions or folks interested in a deeper dive, this could be scheduled separately. 

What do you think? 

Liz


Re: SIG updates at TOC open meetings

Liz Rice
 

I'm going to assume that folks didn't respond because they think it's a good idea :-) 

Amye, please could you coordinate with the SIG chairs and get them onto the agenda for the next public TOC meeting (Sep)? These can be *brief* updates, maybe one slide each SIG. We'll see how it works and iterate from there. 

Thanks,
Liz
On 8 Aug 2019, 10:46 +0100, Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...>, wrote:



Yes - this makes sense - happy to do this.   It would also serve as a means to get TOC feedback and for the SIG to raise any items that might require TOC discussion.  If there are items that require a deep dive, they could even move to the SIG call directly perhaps.

+1 from me.

Thanks,
Alex


From: "Liz Rice via Lists.Cncf.Io" <liz=lizrice.com@...>
Sent: Thursday, 8 August 2019 12:11
To: cncf-toc@...
Cc: cncf-toc@...
Subject: [cncf-toc] SIG updates at TOC open meetings

Hi everyone, 

I’d like to suggest that every SIG should have a space on the TOC open meeting agenda to present an update. I’m picturing a summary of recent SIG outputs, upcoming plans, maybe a brief dive into any particularly interesting or contentious conclusions. 

We can time-box these discussions and if there are additional questions or folks interested in a deeper dive, this could be scheduled separately. 

What do you think? 

Liz


KubeVirt Sandbox Proposal - Next Steps

Fabian Deutsch <fdeutsch@...>
 

Hola TOC and interested readers,

a few weeks ago I've presented KubeVirt to you, with goal to find sponsors for KubeVirt submission to the CNCF Sandbox.
Back then there was the ask about early adopters. By now a few adopters have spoken up on the relevant PR [0]


And I'm optimistic that some more adopters will speak up over the next weeks.

We were happy to see that Lic Rice from the TOC volunteered as a TOC sponsor. Now we are looking to find another sponsor in order to allow the project to enter the CNCF Sandbox.

I'm available to answer any questions you might have - feel free to reach out to me on or off-list - or on the PR [0].

Greetings
- fabian


---


Re: [cncf-sig-app-delivery] accelerated schedule for CNCF App Delivery SIG Charter & votes

Quinton Hoole <quinton@...>
 

I'll be back from vacation Tue 13.

Q

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019, 12:43 alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
Doh.  12th is Monday. 

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019, 15:56 Alexis Richardson, <alexis@...> wrote:
Hi all

Following a steer from Liz:

Michelle and I have agreed this schedule for getting to a vote on the
charter for CNCF App Delivery SIG.

12 Aug (Tuesday)
Close TOC / community comments on draft charter

12-14 Aug
Charter editors tidy up & create final version

14 Aug (next Wed)
App Del SIG votes
voting by email after F2F SIG call (@amye)

then:
TOC can vote on 20 Aug (Tuesday)
again, voting by email after TOC F2F call

-
alexis


Re: accelerated schedule for CNCF App Delivery SIG Charter & votes

alexis richardson
 

Doh.  12th is Monday. 


On Thu, 8 Aug 2019, 15:56 Alexis Richardson, <alexis@...> wrote:
Hi all

Following a steer from Liz:

Michelle and I have agreed this schedule for getting to a vote on the
charter for CNCF App Delivery SIG.

12 Aug (Tuesday)
Close TOC / community comments on draft charter

12-14 Aug
Charter editors tidy up & create final version

14 Aug (next Wed)
App Del SIG votes
voting by email after F2F SIG call (@amye)

then:
TOC can vote on 20 Aug (Tuesday)
again, voting by email after TOC F2F call

-
alexis


accelerated schedule for CNCF App Delivery SIG Charter & votes

alexis richardson
 

Hi all

Following a steer from Liz:

Michelle and I have agreed this schedule for getting to a vote on the
charter for CNCF App Delivery SIG.

12 Aug (Tuesday)
Close TOC / community comments on draft charter

12-14 Aug
Charter editors tidy up & create final version

14 Aug (next Wed)
App Del SIG votes
voting by email after F2F SIG call (@amye)

then:
TOC can vote on 20 Aug (Tuesday)
again, voting by email after TOC F2F call

-
alexis


Re: SIG updates at TOC open meetings

Alex Chircop
 



Yes - this makes sense - happy to do this.   It would also serve as a means to get TOC feedback and for the SIG to raise any items that might require TOC discussion.  If there are items that require a deep dive, they could even move to the SIG call directly perhaps.

+1 from me.

Thanks,
Alex


From: "Liz Rice via Lists.Cncf.Io" <liz=lizrice.com@...>
Sent: Thursday, 8 August 2019 12:11
To: cncf-toc@...
Cc: cncf-toc@...
Subject: [cncf-toc] SIG updates at TOC open meetings

Hi everyone, 

I’d like to suggest that every SIG should have a space on the TOC open meeting agenda to present an update. I’m picturing a summary of recent SIG outputs, upcoming plans, maybe a brief dive into any particularly interesting or contentious conclusions. 

We can time-box these discussions and if there are additional questions or folks interested in a deeper dive, this could be scheduled separately. 

What do you think? 

Liz


SIG updates at TOC open meetings

Liz Rice
 

Hi everyone, 

I’d like to suggest that every SIG should have a space on the TOC open meeting agenda to present an update. I’m picturing a summary of recent SIG outputs, upcoming plans, maybe a brief dive into any particularly interesting or contentious conclusions. 

We can time-box these discussions and if there are additional questions or folks interested in a deeper dive, this could be scheduled separately. 

What do you think? 

Liz


Re: FYI: Kubernetes Security Audit Open Sourced

Chris Aniszczyk
 

Thanks, really great work by the Kubernetes Security Audit WG to see this to completion!

Folks have asked for the threat model and I've attached that here along with the output from the audit.


On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 10:16 AM Ruben Orduz <orduzr@...> wrote:
This is really helpful. I appreciate the expediency and fully understand the tension between transparency and disclosure embargoes and decisions therein.

Best,
Ruben

> On Aug 6, 2019, at 11:04 AM, Chris Aniszczyk via Lists.Cncf.Io <caniszczyk=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
>
> Hey all, today we announced and open sourced the results of Kubernetes Security Audit: https://github.com/kubernetes/community/pull/3975
>
> --
> Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719 > <Kubernetes Security Audit.pdf>



--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719


Re: FYI: Kubernetes Security Audit Open Sourced

Ruben Orduz <orduzr@...>
 

This is really helpful. I appreciate the expediency and fully understand the tension between transparency and disclosure embargoes and decisions therein.

Best,
Ruben

On Aug 6, 2019, at 11:04 AM, Chris Aniszczyk via Lists.Cncf.Io <caniszczyk=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:

Hey all, today we announced and open sourced the results of Kubernetes Security Audit: https://github.com/kubernetes/community/pull/3975

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

<Kubernetes Security Audit.pdf>


Re: TOC Agenda for 8/6/2019

alexis richardson
 

thanks Sarah!

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 4:02 PM Sarah Allen <sarah@...> wrote:

I'll miss today's meeting.

I left some comments on SIG App Charter -- seems like other folks have left comments. Assume the vote is on TOC Liaisons for the new SIG, might be good for new chairs to submit charter as a PR. It seems like the group is off to a good start and have appreciated informal discussions at SIG Security with respect to potential overlap and look forward to collaborating!

Sarah

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 10:45 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

Hey all, we are meeting tomorrow:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1tiR40GJTZSA6ZJKrSqHfvKSzTMylwukHHdwr6XQqMoM/edit#slide=id.g25ca91f87f_0_0
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jpoKT12jf2jTf-2EJSAl4iTdA7Aoj_uiI19qIaECNFc/edit#

We will discuss the status of CNCF SIGs, finalizing the archiving rkt vote and working through the backlog of reviews, doc changes and upcoming annual reviews.

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719


FYI: Kubernetes Security Audit Open Sourced

Chris Aniszczyk
 

Hey all, today we announced and open sourced the results of Kubernetes Security Audit: https://github.com/kubernetes/community/pull/3975

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719


Re: TOC Agenda for 8/6/2019

Sarah Allen
 

I'll miss today's meeting.  

I left some comments on SIG App Charter -- seems like other folks have left comments.  Assume the vote is on TOC Liaisons for the new SIG, might be good for new chairs to submit charter as a PR.  It seems like the group is off to a good start and have appreciated informal discussions at SIG Security with respect to potential overlap and look forward to collaborating!

Sarah

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 10:45 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
Hey all, we are meeting tomorrow:


We will discuss the status of CNCF SIGs, finalizing the archiving rkt vote and working through the backlog of reviews, doc changes and upcoming annual reviews.

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719


TOC Agenda for 8/6/2019

Chris Aniszczyk
 

Hey all, we are meeting tomorrow:


We will discuss the status of CNCF SIGs, finalizing the archiving rkt vote and working through the backlog of reviews, doc changes and upcoming annual reviews.

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719


Re: [VOTE] rkt archiving

Mark Peek
 

+1 non-binding

 

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Chris Aniszczyk via Lists.Cncf.Io" <caniszczyk=linuxfoundation.org@...>
Reply-To: "caniszczyk@..." <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Friday, August 2, 2019 at 8:31 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] rkt archiving

 

Hey all, I'd like to formally call the vote to archive the rkt project based on our previous multiple discussions on this topic across a few TOC meetings.

 

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/262

 

This is our first project we are archiving based on our new process so I want to be diligent and take the extra time, on top of explaining what archiving means for a project: https://github.com/cncf/toc/blob/master/process/archiving.md

 

- CNCF will no longer provide support for the project via service desk
- CNCF will list archived projects online
- Trademarks and domain names of archived projects are still hosted neutrally by the CNCF and the Linux Foundation
- CNCF can provide services such as documentation updates to help transition users.
- Other CNCF marketing activities will no longer be provided for the project (like space at conferences)

 

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community.

 

--

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

4201 - 4220 of 7730