Date

Re: [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

From:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
To:CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Date:2019-05-15 00:05:53
Subject:[cncf-toc] [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

tikv has requested to move to the incubation maturity level. Xiang Li from the TOC has performed due diligence and called the vote:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1isLh8e5D0pAgocbj2ht_ZbZ5MORN3fFD-98tCsVu0rM/edit
https://all.devstats.cncf.io/d/54/project-health-table?orgId=1&var-repogroup_name=TiKV

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal
located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/221

Re: Introducing ORY Hydra

Quinton Hoole

Apologies, I meant TiKV, not OpenEBS.

I blame it on jetlag :-)

From:Quinton Hoole <quinton.hoole@...>
To:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>;Liz Rice <liz@...>
Cc:Aeneas Rekkas <aeneas@...>;CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>;Alexis Richardson <alexis@...>;Fabian Reinartz <fab.reinartz@...>
Date:2019-05-15 04:39:24
Subject:RE: [cncf-toc] Introducing ORY Hydra

+1 to what Chris said. I'd suggest that the TOC ask the Security SIG to do the deep due diligence and produce a brief DD report along the lines of the recent one done for OpenEBS by Xiang and the Storage SIG.

From:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
To:Liz Rice <liz@...>
Cc:Aeneas Rekkas <aeneas@...>;CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>;Alexis Richardson <alexis@...>;Fabian Reinartz <fab.reinartz@...>
Date:2019-05-14 03:23:30

Ideally, presenting to a SIG first makes sense unless the TOC states otherwise.

In this case, the Security SIG makes is a natural fit probably.

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 2:18 PM Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
Hi Aeneas,

This looks really interesting and I'd love to learn more about it.

Question for the TOC folks (and other interested parties) regarding processes / scaling / new SIGs: should projects like this present to a SIG first? Or do we want to see it first and then ask the SIGs to help with a deeper dive and DD?

On 13 May 2019, at 15:39, Aeneas Rekkas <aeneas@...> wrote:

Hello,

I am writing in reference to the ORY open source organization. The project's focus is cloud native end-user, service, workload, and IoT authentication and authorization.

ORY has to date 11k GitHub Stars and 3.5M+ Docker Pulls in total. The project provides exhaustive documentation and established community management processes, including 1k chat users on Discord, an active Discourse forum  Last month alone there were over one billion API requests according to optional telemetry. ORY is used by several organizations, including Deutsche Boerse AGSegmentRaspberry PI, in production. All our projects are written in Go, designed with cloud native principles and work best in Kubernetes environments. ORY integrates well with other CNCF projects, e.g. Open Policy Agent, as well as projects from the wider Kubernetes Ecosystem for instance Ambassador.

We strongly believe in headless, API-first services. Our projects solve problems with clear domain boundaries. ORY Hydra  our flagship project, is a cloud native, OpenID Certified OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0 Provider which integrates by design with any login system. What stands out is that all of our projects work independently/stand-alone or in combination with one-another as well as in combination with other open or closed source software projects with adjacent problem domains.

Therefore we would like to present our ecosystem and specifically ORY Hydra to the TOC (issue). Alexis Richardson (cc) and Fabian Reinartz (cc) encouraged us to directly apply for the incubating stage, which is why we are looking for a Sponsor. We were told that contacting the CNCF mailing list would be the best course of action for this. If anyone finds the projects interesting, I would be more than happy to get in touch and present the ecosystem.

Best regards
Aeneas

Re: Introducing ORY Hydra

Quinton Hoole

From:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
To:Liz Rice <liz@...>
Cc:Aeneas Rekkas <aeneas@...>;CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>;Alexis Richardson <alexis@...>;Fabian Reinartz <fab.reinartz@...>
Date:2019-05-14 03:23:30

[...]

Aeneas Rekkas <aeneas@...>

Hi Liz,

we're really happy to hear that you're interested in the project(s)! I'd be more than happy to walk you through the ecosystem this or next week. If you let me know which times work for you I can set up a video conference. We're currently located in CEST. This Thursday would work very well for me for example!

Best
Aeneas

--

Aeneas Rekkas
Founder & CEO, ORY GmbH

Re: [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

Li, Xiang

+1 binding

Re: [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 7:26 PM Dongxu Huang <huang@...> wrote:

Thank you!

Re: [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

Ed

Thank you!

Re: [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

Brendan Burns

+1, binding.

From: Chris Short via Lists.Cncf.Io <chris=chrisshort.net@...>
Date: Tue, May 14, 2019 at 9:39 AM
To: Manik Taneja
Cc: <cncf-toc@...>

+1 non-binding

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 12:16 Manik Taneja <manik@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding!

/Manik

On May 14, 2019, at 8:40 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

A new CNCF Storage SIG has been proposed with Xiang Li as the TOC liaison.

Co-Chairs: Alex Chircop, Quinton Hoole
Tech Leads: Saad Ali, Xing Yang, Sugu Sougoumarane

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/234

Re: [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

Hubbert Smith

From: Chris Short via Lists.Cncf.Io <chris=chrisshort.net@...>
Date: Tue, May 14, 2019 at 9:39 AM
To: Manik Taneja
Cc: <cncf-toc@...>

+1 non-binding

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 12:16 Manik Taneja <manik@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding!

/Manik

On May 14, 2019, at 8:40 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

A new CNCF Storage SIG has been proposed with Xiang Li as the TOC liaison.

Co-Chairs: Alex Chircop, Quinton Hoole
Tech Leads: Saad Ali, Xing Yang, Sugu Sougoumarane

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/234

Re: [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

Roger Klorese

+1 nb

Roger B.A. Klorese
Senior Product Manager
SUSE
705 5th Ave SSuite 1000
Seattle WA 98104

(P)+1 206.217.7432
(M)+1 425.444.5493
roger.klorese@...
Schedule a meeting: https://doodle.com/RogerKlorese
GPG Key: D567 F186 A6AE D244 067E  95E4 E67D 019F 0670 D9CC

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Chris Aniszczyk via Lists.Cncf.Io" <caniszczyk=linuxfoundation.org@...>
Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2019 at 17:05
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

manik@...

+1 non-binding!

/Manik

On May 14, 2019, at 8:40 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

A new CNCF Storage SIG has been proposed with Xiang Li as the TOC liaison.

Co-Chairs: Alex Chircop, Quinton Hoole
Tech Leads: Saad Ali, Xing Yang, Sugu Sougoumarane

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/234

Re: [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 12:12 Andres Perez <andres@...> wrote:

Andrés

On May 14, 2019, at 11:05 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

tikv has requested to move to the incubation maturity level. Xiang Li from the TOC has performed due diligence and called the vote:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1isLh8e5D0pAgocbj2ht_ZbZ5MORN3fFD-98tCsVu0rM/edit
https://all.devstats.cncf.io/d/54/project-health-table?orgId=1&var-repogroup_name=TiKV

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal
located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/221

Re: [VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

Andres Perez

Andrés

On May 14, 2019, at 11:05 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

tikv has requested to move to the incubation maturity level. Xiang Li from the TOC has performed due diligence and called the vote:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1isLh8e5D0pAgocbj2ht_ZbZ5MORN3fFD-98tCsVu0rM/edit
https://all.devstats.cncf.io/d/54/project-health-table?orgId=1&var-repogroup_name=TiKV

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal
located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/221

[VOTE] tikv moving to incubation

Chris Aniszczyk

tikv has requested to move to the incubation maturity level. Xiang Li from the TOC has performed due diligence and called the vote:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1isLh8e5D0pAgocbj2ht_ZbZ5MORN3fFD-98tCsVu0rM/edit
https://all.devstats.cncf.io/d/54/project-health-table?orgId=1&var-repogroup_name=TiKV

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal
located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/221

Re: [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

Gou Rao <grao@...>

+1 non-binding

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 8:41 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
A new CNCF Storage SIG has been proposed with Xiang Li as the TOC liaison.

Co-Chairs: Alex Chircop, Quinton Hoole
Tech Leads: Saad Ali, Xing Yang, Sugu Sougoumarane

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/234

Re: [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

Angel Ramirez

+1 non-binding