Li, Xiang

+1 binding

Re: [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 3:41 PM alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
+1 binding

--

Erin A. Boyd

Senior Principal Software Engineer, OCTO

Red Hat

eboyd@...

Re: [VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

<caniszczyk@...> wrote:

A new CNCF Storage SIG has been proposed with Xiang Li as the TOC liaison.

Co-Chairs: Alex Chircop, Quinton Hoole
Tech Leads: Saad Ali, Xing Yang, Sugu Sougoumarane

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/234

[VOTE] CNCF Storage SIG

Chris Aniszczyk

A new CNCF Storage SIG has been proposed with Xiang Li as the TOC liaison.

Co-Chairs: Alex Chircop, Quinton Hoole
Tech Leads: Saad Ali, Xing Yang, Sugu Sougoumarane

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/234

TOC Community Presentation Agenda for 5/14/2019

Chris Aniszczyk

Hey all, just a reminder tomorrow we have a TOC meeting dedicated to community presentations:

- CloudEvents Annual Review (sandbox)
- OpenEBS (sandbox)
- TikV (incubation)

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10Z5SsA90MyKLgSSvmGAyufsxoAABIfLTaHDwG7oNQB0/edit#slide=id.g25ca91f87f_0_0

Re: Introducing ORY Hydra

Chris Aniszczyk

Ideally, presenting to a SIG first makes sense unless the TOC states otherwise.

In this case, the Security SIG makes is a natural fit probably.

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 2:18 PM Liz Rice <liz@...> wrote:
Hi Aeneas,

This looks really interesting and I'd love to learn more about it.

Question for the TOC folks (and other interested parties) regarding processes / scaling / new SIGs: should projects like this present to a SIG first? Or do we want to see it first and then ask the SIGs to help with a deeper dive and DD?

On 13 May 2019, at 15:39, Aeneas Rekkas <aeneas@...> wrote:

Hello,

I am writing in reference to the ORY open source organization. The project's focus is cloud native end-user, service, workload, and IoT authentication and authorization.

ORY has to date 11k GitHub Stars and 3.5M+ Docker Pulls in total. The project provides exhaustive documentation and established community management processes, including 1k chat users on Discord, an active Discourse forum  Last month alone there were over one billion API requests according to optional telemetry. ORY is used by several organizations, including Deutsche Boerse AGSegmentRaspberry PI, in production. All our projects are written in Go, designed with cloud native principles and work best in Kubernetes environments. ORY integrates well with other CNCF projects, e.g. Open Policy Agent, as well as projects from the wider Kubernetes Ecosystem for instance Ambassador.

We strongly believe in headless, API-first services. Our projects solve problems with clear domain boundaries. ORY Hydra  our flagship project, is a cloud native, OpenID Certified OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0 Provider which integrates by design with any login system. What stands out is that all of our projects work independently/stand-alone or in combination with one-another as well as in combination with other open or closed source software projects with adjacent problem domains.

Therefore we would like to present our ecosystem and specifically ORY Hydra to the TOC (issue). Alexis Richardson (cc) and Fabian Reinartz (cc) encouraged us to directly apply for the incubating stage, which is why we are looking for a Sponsor. We were told that contacting the CNCF mailing list would be the best course of action for this. If anyone finds the projects interesting, I would be more than happy to get in touch and present the ecosystem.

Best regards
Aeneas

Re: Introducing ORY Hydra

Liz Rice

[...]

Introducing ORY Hydra

Aeneas Rekkas <aeneas@...>

[...]

alexis richardson

Hi folks

I've discussed this with Aeneas

I think this is a very interesting project from a "product manager" point of view.  I don't feel technically qualified to sponsor this though.  Can someone step in please?

On Mon, 13 May 2019, 15:39 Aeneas Rekkas, <aeneas@...> wrote:
[...]

Re: [VOTE] Archiving Project Process v1.0

From: Liz Rice <liz@...>
Date: Wed, May 8, 2019 at 1:56 AM
To: <cncf-toc@...>

+1 binding
On 8 May 2019, 05:59 +0100, Brendan Burns via Lists.Cncf.Io <bburns=microsoft.com@...>, wrote:
+1, binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Matt Klein <mattklein123@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 12:32 PM
To: Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Cc: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

This email is from an external sender.

+1 binding.

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 11:18 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
Hey all, on the TOC call today we decided to move forward with
formalizing the archiving process for projects after a bunch of
discussion.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal
located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/170

Re: [VOTE] Archiving Project Process v1.0

Brewer, Jeff

+1 binding.

Jeff

From:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
To:CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Date:2019-05-07 11:18:07
Subject:[cncf-toc] [VOTE] Archiving Project Process v1.0

Hey all, on the TOC call today we decided to move forward with
formalizing the archiving process for projects after a bunch of
discussion.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal
located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/170

Re: [VOTE] Archiving Project Process v1.0

eduardo@...

+1 nb

Eduardo Arango
Software Engineer
Sylabs,Inc
Git: @ArangoGutierrez
Twitter: @CarlosEArango

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 2:51 PM Joe Beda <joe@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 11:47 AM Davanum Srinivas <davanum@...> wrote:
+1 from me.

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 2:18 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
Hey all, on the TOC call today we decided to move forward with
formalizing the archiving process for projects after a bunch of
discussion.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal
located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/170

Re: [VOTE] Archiving Project Process v1.0

Michelle Noorali

+1 binding

Hey all, on the TOC call today we decided to move forward with
formalizing the archiving process for projects after a bunch of
discussion.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal
located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/170

Re: [VOTE] Archiving Project Process v1.0

Joe Beda

+1 binding

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 11:47 AM Davanum Srinivas <davanum@...> wrote:
+1 from me.

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 2:18 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
Hey all, on the TOC call today we decided to move forward with
formalizing the archiving process for projects after a bunch of
discussion.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal
located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/170

Re: [VOTE] Archiving Project Process v1.0

Davanum Srinivas