Date

Re: Fluentd Graduation Request (2017-2019)

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 23:00 Stephen Augustus <Stephen@...> wrote:
+1 (nb)

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019, 20:36 Roger Klorese <roger.klorese@...> wrote:
+1 (nb)

Roger B.A. Klorese
Senior Product Manager
SUSE
705 5th Ave SSuite 1000
Seattle WA 98104

(P)+1 206.217.7432
(M)+1 425.444.5493
roger.klorese@...
Schedule a meeting: https://doodle.com/RogerKlorese
GPG Key: D567 F186 A6AE D244 067E  95E4 E67D 019F 0670 D9CC

On Mar 28, 2019, at 5:09 PM, Brian Grant via Lists.Cncf.Io <briangrant=google.com@...> wrote:

Thanks for the summary, Eduardo. And sorry this has taken so long.

I believe Fluentd is ready for graduation, and would like to call a vote.

Adoption of fluentd is widespread, as can be seen on its site:

Fluentd is the 4th most used docker image according to:

Fluentd reached 1.0 in Dec 2017. There are nearly 1000 fluentd plugins.

Even the core has committers and significant contributions from multiple organizations.

Fluentbit, a lightweight log forwarder optimized for cloud-native environments, has also reached 1.0.

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 1:42 PM Eduardo Silva <eduardo@...> wrote:

Hello TOC!,

My name is Eduardo Silva from Fluentd project.

On November 2016, sponsored by Brian Grant, Fluentd joined CNCF in the Incubating stage. One year later in November 2017, we submitted PR #69 asking for the project Graduation. Since that time we have been waiting for feedback asking to get started with the voting process. Unfortunately, due to previous TOC overload, our project review has been delayed many times and for months.

As of mid-2018, we started to transition Fluentd trademark (hold by Treasure Data at that moment) to the Linux Foundation, it took a lot of time since the trademark was in several countries and as of today that process is almost finished.

On December 2018 we did a presentation on the TOC call:

But again no clear steps to move forward have been provided...

Moving forward and considering that we have been in the queue for a long time and we have a new TOC on board, in name of Fluentd project, I would like to ask for an official review of our Graduation proposal and further Voting process.

Since Incubation, the current statistics of Fluentd as of today are:

  • 75 official releases

  • More than 48 Million Docker Hub Pulls

  • 941 Plugins available made by the community, 917 have been updated since Incubation.

  • 7500 Github Stars

Our expectation from TOC is to get feedback if some information is missing and define the action plan for the voting process, for us be able to finish this process during April 2019 is ideal, for hence we ask to be granted with high priority in terms of revision, feedback, and final steps.

We understand new TOC have been just formed, but we trust you will understand the situation and help on this final stage.

We are happy to present again in the next TOC call if required, whatever is required from us please let us know and we will work on it with high priority too.

regards,

--

Eduardo Silva
Principal Engineer  | Arm

Re: Fluentd Graduation Request (2017-2019)

Stephen Augustus

[...]

Brian Grant

[...]

Re: [VOTE] OPA moving to incubation

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 at 17:04, Deepak Vij <deepak.vij@...> wrote:

+1  non-binding.

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of "Chris Short via Lists.Cncf.Io" <chris=chrisshort.net@...>
Date: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 7:45 AM
To: Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Cc: <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] OPA moving to incubation

+1 non-binding

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 09:30 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

[...]

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 2:19 PM Brendan Burns via Lists.Cncf.Io <bburns=microsoft.com@...> wrote:
+1

--brendan

[...]

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error.

Re: [VOTE] OPA moving to incubation

Brendan Burns

+1

--brendan

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 9:30 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Justin Cappos

+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 9:51 AM Ayrat Khayretdinov <akhayretdinov@...> wrote:
+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019, 09:30 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Zhipeng Huang

+1 non-binding, from policy wg we are really glad OPA has made such great progress :)

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 9:42 PM Lee Calcote <leecalcote@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding.

Just as I finally get around to providing requested feedback this morning… the vote goes out. JIT feedback.

- Lee

On Mar 26, 2019, at 8:29 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

[...]

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Principle Engineer
OpenStack, Kubernetes, CNCF, LF Edge, ONNX, Kubeflow, OpenSDS, Open Service Broker API, OCP, Hyperledger, ETSI, SNIA, DMTF, W3C

Re: [VOTE] CNCF SIGs Proposal

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 7:22 AM Sandeep Shilawat <shilawat@...> wrote:
+ 1

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 5:45 PM "Li, Xiang <x.li@...> wrote:
+1 binding

Re: [VOTE] OPA moving to incubation

Lee Calcote

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 8:30 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Rakshith Venkatesh

A question out of curiosity here. Shouldn't the movement of projects across various stages in CNCF be based on how many of the end user community and customers have adopted and how the product is behaving in prod?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 at 7:02 PM, Ihor Dvoretskyi <ihor.dvoretskyi@...> wrote:
+1 (non-binding).