Date

Re: [VOTE] containerd moving to graduation

Manik Taneja <manik.taneja@...>

+1 (non-binding)

/Manik

On Feb 18, 2019, at 8:59 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

containerd has requested to move to the graduation maturity level:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/165

The containerd community believes it has fulfilled all the graduation criteria:

- Have a healthy number of committers and at least two from different organizations: Containerd has had a variety of maintainers and reviewers since its inception, and currently have 12 committers representing Docker, NTT, Google, IBM, Microsoft, Facebook, Tesla, and Cruise Automation. They also have reviewers representing Alibaba, ZTE, Huawei, Docker, Microsoft and an independent developer.

- Document that it is being used successfully in production by at least three independent end users:

Containerd began life prior to its CNCF as a lower-layer runtime manager for the Docker engine. Continuing today, containerd has widest usage and adoption as the layer between the Docker engine and the OCI runc executor. However, as containerd and its CRI plugin project have merged in January 2018, the combined use of containerd and the CRI plugin has grown to include several public cloud providers, as well as several projects who are attracted to the simplicity of the Go client API library for embedding container runtime capabilities.

IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service (IKS)
IBM Cloud Private (ICP)
Google Cloud Kubernetes Engine (GKE) [offers containerd in "alpha clusters"]
Cloud Foundry
Alibaba's PouchContainer
Rancher's Rio project
Eliot
Balena
LinuxKit
BuildKit
AWS Firecracker
Kata containers
Docker engine

- Demonstrate a substantial ongoing flow of commits and merged contributions: https://github.com/containerd/containerd/graphs/contributors + https://containerd.devstats.cncf.io + https://all.devstats.cncf.io/d/54/project-health?orgId=1&var-repogroup_name=containerd

- Have achieved a CII badge: https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/en/projects/1271

- Define a governance model: https://github.com/containerd/project/blob/master/GOVERNANCE.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/165

Re: [VOTE] containerd moving to graduation

Yash Thakkar

+1 non-binding

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 11:01 PM via Lists.Cncf.Io <jbeda=vmware.com@...> wrote:

OK – continuing discussions in the issue.

From: Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 11:08 AM
To: Joe Beda <jbeda@...>
Cc: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] containerd moving to graduation

I can't think of an example but we have nothing in the rules to prevent it.

I think it's fair game to ask the containerd community about it and what their long term plans are: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/165#issuecomment-465222545

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 11:05 AM Joe Beda <jbeda@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Double checking things before I vote but I notice that the governance ultimate rolls up to the Moby TSC for ultimate arbitration of technical disputes: https://github.com/containerd/project/blob/master/GOVERNANCE.md. I'd love to see the project stand on its own vs. deferring to an outside community.

Do we have any other examples where CNCF projects are ultimately governed by an outside body like this?

Hate to bring this up at the 11th hour but I'm still catching up on stuff after joining the TOC.

Joe

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Monday, February 18, 2019 at 10:59 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] containerd moving to graduation

[...]

Joe Beda <jbeda@...>

OK – continuing discussions in the issue.

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Monday, February 18, 2019 at 10:59 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Haining Zhang

+1 nb

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019, 00:59 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@... wrote:
[...]

Jimmy Song <jimmysong@...>

+1 Non-binding
---------------------------------------
Best Regards.

Jimmy Song(宋净超)

Developer Advocate
Ant Financial
CNCF Ambassador
Co-founder of ServiceMesher community

WeChat: jimmysong

On Feb 19, 2019, at 10:04 AM, Randy Abernethy <randy.abernethy@...> wrote:

+1nb

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Monday, February 18, 2019 at 10:59 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Dan Shaw <dshaw@...>

+1 non-binding

Dan Shaw
@dshaw
Always bet on Node.js ✨

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 8:59 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Chris Aniszczyk

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Monday, February 18, 2019 at 10:59 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Xu Wang

+1 non-binding

[...]

Re: [External] [cncf-toc] [VOTE] containerd moving to graduation

Brewer, Jeff

+1 binding

On Feb 19, 2019, at 8:50 AM, Tim Miller (Timothy Miller) <tmiller@...> wrote:

This email is from an external sender.

+1 non-binding

External email: Please be careful when opening attachments or clicking links.

[...]

Please note the MUFG logo and name is a service mark of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (“MUFG”) and may be used by it or other Group companies for marketing purposes, including MUFG Americas Holdings Corporation affiliates and subsidiaries. Lending, deposit, securities, investment banking, and other banking services are provided by banking and/or broker-dealer affiliates of MUFG, including, MUFG Bank, Ltd. (“MUFG Bank”), MUFG Union Bank, N.A. (“Union Bank”), MUFG Securities Americas Inc. (“MUSA”), and MUFG Securities (Canada), Ltd. (“MUS(CAN)”). MUFG Bank is not an FDIC-insured bank. MUB is an FDIC-insured bank. MUSA is a member of FINRA and SIPC. MUS(CAN) is a member of IIROC and CIPF.

This message is intended for the named addressee(s) only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mis-transmission. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system, destroy any hard copies and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. MUFG, its affiliates and subsidiaries reserve the right to monitor all electronic communications through their respective networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and do not constitute investment advice or recommendation, except where the message expressly states otherwise and the sender is authorized to furnish the same. MUFG (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not be liable for the message if modified.

Re: [External] [cncf-toc] [VOTE] containerd moving to graduation

Tim Miller (Timothy Miller)

[...]

Christian Jantz

Christian Jantz

Do you have a cloud strategy? SAFEWRD is here to help as Amazon AWS Consulting Partner.

Sent on my iPhone, please excuse my brevity.

Re: [VOTE] containerd moving to graduation

Nick Chase

+1 non-binding

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 11:59 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Re: TOC Agenda 2/19/2019

Chris Aniszczyk

It's there, see you in a couple hours.

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 12:26 AM Quinton Hoole <quinton.hoole@...> wrote:
And CNCF SIGs please Chris.

Thx
From:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
To:CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Date:2019-02-18 13:24:43
Subject:[cncf-toc] TOC Agenda 2/19/2019

Here's the agenda + deck for tomorrow:

We will be discussing the TOC Chair election results, containerd graduation vote, graduation requirements, project backlog and will have a presentation from the CII Best Practices Badging community on what they are up to and an opportunity for feedback to improve them.

Re: [VOTE] containerd moving to graduation

- Lee

On Feb 18, 2019, at 10:59 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

[...]

徐翔轩 <eleven.xu@...>

+1 (non-binding)

Thanks & Best Regards,

徐翔轩

上海得帆信息技术有限公司
  SHANGHAI DEFINESYS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.

E-mail : eleven.xu@...
Mobile : +86-186-1626-0537
Website:http://www.definesys.com

在 2019年2月19日,21:47,Ruben Orduz via Lists.Cncf.Io <orduzr=vmware.com@...> 写道:

0 non-binding

[...]

Ruben Orduz <orduzr@...>

0 non-binding

[...]

Quinton Hoole

And CNCF SIGs please Chris.

Thx
From:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
To:CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Date:2019-02-18 13:24:43

Here's the agenda + deck for tomorrow:

We will be discussing the TOC Chair election results, containerd graduation vote, graduation requirements, project backlog and will have a presentation from the CII Best Practices Badging community on what they are up to and an opportunity for feedback to improve them.

Re: [VOTE] containerd moving to graduation

AllenSun

+1 (non-binding)

Since its inception, Alibaba has adopted containerd as a fundamental component of PouchContainer(https://github.com/alibaba/pouch) to serve Alibaba's e-commerce business. In addition, in Alibaba Cloud Kubernetes Service (ACK) and Serverless Kubernetes, containerd's simplicity and rubustness also help a lot for building success. We will keeping contributing and collaborating with the community to make it better.

Thanks.
Allen Sun

From:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Sent At:2019 Feb. 19 (Tue.) 01:02

[...]