CNCF Ambassador
Co-founder of ServiceMesher community

WeChat: jimmysong

On Jan 16, 2019, at 7:42 AM, Jonathan Boulle <jon@...> wrote:

+1 binding

Am Di., 15. Jan. 2019, 18:47 hat Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> geschrieben:
CoreDNS has requested to move to the graduation maturity level:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/172

The CoreDNS community was one of earlier projects that joined CNCF at the inception/sandbox level on March 2017 (sponsored by Jon Boulle) and moved to the incubation maturity level on Feb 2018. As of Kubernetes v1.13, CoreDNS is the default DNS server (https://kubernetes.io/blog/2018/12/03/kubernetes-1-13-release-announcement/) and the community went under an external security audit last year sponsored by CNCF: https://coredns.io/2018/03/15/cure53-security-assessment/

The CoreDNS community believes it has fulfilled all the graduation criteria:

- Document that it is being used successfully in production by at least three independent end users:

* SoundCloud uses CoreDNS as internal cache+proxy in Kubernetes clusters to handle hundreds of thousands DNS service discovery requests per second.
* Infoblox uses CoreDNS in its Active Trust Cloud SaaS service, as well as for Kubernetes cluster DNS.
* Admiral uses CoreDNS to handle geographic DNS requests for our public-facing microservices.
* Qunar uses CoreDNS for service discovery of its GPU machine learning cloud with TensorFlow and Kubernetes.
* Tradeshift uses CoreDNS to look up company identifiers across multiple shards/regions/zones
* AdGuard uses CoreDNS in AdGuard Home and, therefore, in production public AdGuard DNS servers.
* Bose, Zalando, Yandex, Hellofresh, Sodimac, Kismia and many others use CoreDNS for their production's Kubernetes Cluster: https://github.com/coredns/coredns/blob/master/ADOPTERS.md

- Have a healthy number of committers and at least two from different organizations: 16+ maintainers: Google, Infoblox, Independent(s) - More than 100+ contributors - https://github.com/coredns/coredns/blob/master/OWNERSand https://github.com/coredns/coredns/graphs/contributors

- Demonstrate a substantial ongoing flow of commits and merged contributions: 10+ releases since becoming an incubating project and average about 150 PRs merged / quarter: https://all.devstats.cncf.io/d/54/project-health?orgId=1&var-repogroup_name=CoreDNS

- Have achieved a CII badge: https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/projects/1250

- Define a governance model: https://github.com/coredns/coredns/blob/master/GOVERNANCE.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/172

Re: RFC: Project Health Dashboard Updates

alexis richardson

Hi all

Please DO speak up on the topic of "what can CNCF do and where can it
spend money to track and improve project health, as transparently as
possible".

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 4:27 PM Chris Aniszczyk
<caniszczyk@...> wrote:

Here's the latest project health dashboard after initial rounds of feedbacks:
https://all.devstats.cncf.io/d/53/projects-health?orgId=1

If you want to filter by project, you can do that via here:
https://all.devstats.cncf.io/d/54/project-health?orgId=1&var-repogroup_name=Prometheus
https://all.devstats.cncf.io/d/54/project-health?orgId=1&var-repogroup_name=CoreDNS

Thanks and look forward to your feedback!

This Friday, Jan 18 deadline for CFP to KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Barcelona

Dan Kohn <dan@...>

End of day this Friday, Jan 18, is the deadline for the call for proposals for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Barcelona.

Re: [VOTE] CoreDNS moving to graduation

Jonathan Boulle <jon@...>

[...]

Michael Hausenblas <mhausenb@...>

Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas, Developer Advocate
OpenShift by Red Hat

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 09:47
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Justin Cappos

+1 nb

Re: [VOTE] CoreDNS moving to graduation

Justin Garrison <justinleegarrison@...>

Justin Garrison
justingarrison.com

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 11:11 AM Vlad Voskoboynikov <v.voskoboynikov@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

Vlad Voskoboynikov
Exon LV

Re: [VOTE] CoreDNS moving to graduation

v.voskoboynikov@...

+1 non-binding

Vlad Voskoboynikov
Exon LV

Re: [VOTE] CoreDNS moving to graduation

Julien SENON

+1 nb

On 15 Jan 2019, at 7:40 PM, Roger Klorese <roger.klorese@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

Roger B.A. Klorese
Senior Product Manager
SUSE
705 5th Ave S
Suite 1000
Seattle WA 98104
(P)+1 206.217.7432
(M)+1 425.444.5493
roger.klorese@...
Schedule a meeting: https://doodle.com/RogerKlorese

<caniszczyk@...> wrote:

> CoreDNS has requested to move to the graduation maturity level:
> https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/172
>
> The CoreDNS community was one of earlier projects that joined CNCF at the inception/sandbox level on March 2017 (sponsored by Jon Boulle) and moved to the incubation maturity level on Feb 2018. As of Kubernetes v1.13, CoreDNS is the default DNS server (https://kubernetes.io/blog/2018/12/03/kubernetes-1-13-release-announcement/) and the community went under an external security audit last year sponsored by CNCF: https://coredns.io/2018/03/15/cure53-security-assessment/
>
> The CoreDNS community believes it has fulfilled all the graduation criteria:
>
> - Document that it is being used successfully in production by at least three independent end users:
>
> * SoundCloud uses CoreDNS as internal cache+proxy in Kubernetes clusters to handle hundreds of thousands DNS service discovery requests per second.
> * Infoblox uses CoreDNS in its Active Trust Cloud SaaS service, as well as for Kubernetes cluster DNS.
> * Admiral uses CoreDNS to handle geographic DNS requests for our public-facing microservices.
> * Qunar uses CoreDNS for service discovery of its GPU machine learning cloud with TensorFlow and Kubernetes.
> * Tradeshift uses CoreDNS to look up company identifiers across multiple shards/regions/zones
> * AdGuard uses CoreDNS in AdGuard Home and, therefore, in production public AdGuard DNS servers.
> * Bose, Zalando, Yandex, Hellofresh, Sodimac, Kismia and many others use CoreDNS for their production's Kubernetes Cluster: https://github.com/coredns/coredns/blob/master/ADOPTERS.md
>
> - Have a healthy number of committers and at least two from different organizations: 16+ maintainers: Google, Infoblox, Independent(s) - More than 100+ contributors - https://github.com/coredns/coredns/blob/master/OWNERS and https://github.com/coredns/coredns/graphs/contributors
>
> - Demonstrate a substantial ongoing flow of commits and merged contributions: 10+ releases since becoming an incubating project and average about 150 PRs merged / quarter: https://all.devstats.cncf.io/d/54/project-health?orgId=1&var-repogroup_name=CoreDNS
>
> - Have achieved a CII badge: https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/projects/1250
>
> - Define a governance model: https://github.com/coredns/coredns/blob/master/GOVERNANCE.md
>
> Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/172
>
> Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!
>
> --
> Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Re: [VOTE] CoreDNS moving to graduation

Christian Jantz <chris@...>

+1 nb

Kind regards
Christian `Chris` Jantz

AWS Certified Solutions Architect - ProfessionalAWS Certified DevOps Engineer - ProfessionalAWS Certified Security - Specialty

I try to keep response times low but, that means being the most efficient.
Taking this into account, please excuse my brevity of keeping messages to the point.

On Tue, Jan 15 2019 at 7:54 PM, <nicolas.frankel@...> wrote:

+1 non-binding

Best regards,

Nicolas Fränkel

Re: [VOTE] CoreDNS moving to graduation

nicolas.frankel@...

+1 non-binding

Best regards,

Nicolas Fränkel

Re: [VOTE] CoreDNS moving to graduation

Yassine Tijani <ytijani@...>

+1 nb

Le mar. 15 janv. 2019 à 19:51, Liz Rice <liz@...> a écrit :
+1 nb

@lizrice  | lizrice.com+44 (0) 780 126 1145

<caniszczyk@...> wrote:

[...]

Justin Cormack

+1 (non binding)

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 5:47 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Igor Mameshin

+1 (non-binding)

Warm regards,
Igor

--
Igor Mameshin · CTO · Agile Stacks, Inc · Mobile: 858.229.7358 · igor@...

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 9:55 AM Bob Killen <rkillen@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

Great project seeing quite a bit of use :)

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 12:47 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Bob Killen
Research Cloud Administrator
University of Michigan

[...]