Sender:Randy Levensalor <R.Levensalor@...>
Sent at:2018 Sep 6 (Thu) 03:15
Recipient:Allen <allensun.shl@...>
Subject:Re: [cncf-toc] RFC: Dragonfly

Hi AllenSun,

The dragonfly project looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I was wondering how you calculated adoption. Is this the number of companies that have Dragonfly in production or have installed it in a trial?

Randy Levensalor | r.levensalor@...
CableLabs® | o 303.661.3455 | c 970.214.1316

On Sep 4, 2018 11:57 AM, AllenSun <allensun.shl@...> wrote:

Hi, Friends,

It is my honor to give a presentation about Dragonfly to CNCF community. Dragonfly aims at covering all the image distribution in CNCF ecosystem. And currently it works perfectly within Kubernetes. My slides are in the attachment of this email.

Please feel free to give us your feedback on Dragonfly. Any thoughts on it are welcome.

In addition, I am really happy that Jonathan Boulle would like to sponsor Dragonfly to enter sandbox level.
While we sincerely wish that an additional TOC member could sponsor this.
How to get help from Dragonfly's team, if you are interested in this, please don't hesitate to drop questions on me.
Thanks a lot.
Allen Sun
Alibaba Group

Sender:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Sent at:2018 Sep 4 (Tue) 23:33
Recipient:CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Cc:Allen <allensun.shl@...>
Subject:[cncf-toc] RFC: Dragonfly

The Dragonfly project was presented to the TOC today:

They currently have one TOC sponsor, Jonathan Boulle.

The Dragonfly community is seeking an additional TOC sponsor and happy to answer any questions from the community.

Re: [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

Yuan Chen <yuan.chen@...>

+1 (non-binding)

Yuan Chen

Principal Architect, JD Silicon Valley R&D Center

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 6:50 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

A new CNCF Working Group has been proposed (sponsored by Ken Owens):

Secure Access for Everyone (SAFE) Working Group will explore secure access, policy control and safety for operators, administrators, developers, and end-users across the cloud native ecosystem

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/146

Re: [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

Josef Adersberger

+1 (non-binding)

Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> schrieb am Di. 4. Sep. 2018 um 15:50:

A new CNCF Working Group has been proposed (sponsored by Ken Owens):

Secure Access for Everyone (SAFE) Working Group will explore secure access, policy control and safety for operators, administrators, developers, and end-users across the cloud native ecosystem

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/146

Beste Arbeitgeber ITK 2018 - 1.Platz für QAware
ausgezeichnet von
Great Place to Work und kununu

Dr. Josef Adersberger
Technischer Geschäftsführer

QAware GmbH
Aschauer Str. 32
81549 München, Germany
Tel +49 89 232315-113
Mobil +49 170 3075572
Fax +49 89 232315-129
josef.adersberger@...
www.qaware.de

Geschäftsführer: Christian Kamm, Bernd Schlüter, Johannes Weigend, Dr. Josef Adersberger
Registergericht: München
Handelsregisternummer: HRB 163761

Re: [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

Carlos Arturo Quiroga <cquiroga@...>

+1 (non-binding)

Carlos Arturo Quiroga Quiroga.

"Daniel Bryant" ---09/05/2018 03:34:24 AM---+1 (non-binding) On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 2:50 PM Chris Aniszczyk <

From: "Daniel Bryant" <db@...>
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Date: 09/05/2018 03:34 AM
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group
Sent by: cncf-toc@...

    https://github.com/cn-security/safe

    Secure Access for Everyone (SAFE) Working Group will explore secure access, policy control and safety for operators, administrators, developers, and end-users across the cloud native ecosystem

    Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/146

Re: [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

wangpengfei@yanrongyun.com

+1 (non-binding)

---------------------------------------
王鹏飞
Technical VP

北京焱融科技有限公司
手机:+86-13681265240
邮箱:wangpengfei@yanrongyun.com

Date: 2018-09-04 21:50
A new CNCF Working Group has been proposed (sponsored by Ken Owens):

Secure Access for Everyone (SAFE) Working Group will explore secure access, policy control and safety for operators, administrators, developers, and end-users across the cloud native ecosystem

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/146

Re: [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

Evan Gilman

+1 non-binding

Re: [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

Yong Tang

+1 (non binding)

A new CNCF Working Group has been proposed (sponsored by Ken Owens):

Secure Access for Everyone (SAFE) Working Group will explore secure access, policy control and safety for operators, administrators, developers, and end-users across the cloud native ecosystem

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/146

Re: [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

Daniel Bryant

+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 2:50 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
A new CNCF Working Group has been proposed (sponsored by Ken Owens):

Secure Access for Everyone (SAFE) Working Group will explore secure access, policy control and safety for operators, administrators, developers, and end-users across the cloud native ecosystem

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/146

Re: RFC: Dragonfly

AllenSun

Hi, Deepak Vij,

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes, it's a great job to support image pulling optimization in scheduling of Kubernetes.

I think that the important feature you mentioned is

  • focus on scheduler's scheduling algorithm;
  • image layer tracking information of node is a factor of scheduler;
  • scheduling algorithm may reduce the image pulling if scheduling workload to a node if image layer exists on that node.

So, image pulling optimization you mentioned in on scheduling, while Dragonfly is mainly on Image Distribution. I think they are decoupled and only have few of overlapping.
In addition, I think this feature and Dragonfly can co-exist very well to help improve image pulling. The feature decides the workload location by scheduling, and Dragonfly can improve the rest image distribution.

Dragonfly takes over the image distribution for Kubernetes, and image pulling efficiency is only one part of distribution. Besides this, it also provides:

  • image distribution flow control;
  • image distribution security.

Currently all the three parts above consist of Dragonfly's service.

Best Regards.

Allen Sun
Alibaba Group

Sender:Deepak Vij <deepak.vij@...>
Sent at:2018 Sep 5 (Wed) 09:20
Recipient:Allen <allensun.shl@...>; cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>

While we are on the topic of image pulling optimizations, following granular image layers level optimizations are being worked on as part of Kubernetes Scheduling SIG future release feature:

1)      Layer tracking system on each machine/node discovers the layer information from local file-system and reports this information to workload scheduler (for example, K8S scheduler in our case).

2)      As part of the image resolution process for an incoming container workload, image request is decomposed to underlying layer requests.

3)      Scheduler uses these two pieces of information to perform workload scheduling in accordance to the layering information on the node.

Regards,

Deepak Vij

Sender:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>

Sent at:2018 Sep 4 (Tue) 23:33

Recipient:CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

Cc:Allen <allensun.shl@...>

The Dragonfly project was presented to the TOC today:

They currently have one TOC sponsor, Jonathan Boulle.

The Dragonfly community is seeking an additional TOC sponsor and happy to answer any questions from the community.

Re: [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

Zhipeng Huang

+1 non-binding :)

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 4:33 AM Ayrat Khayretdinov <akhayretdinov@...> wrote:
+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 9:50 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
A new CNCF Working Group has been proposed (sponsored by Ken Owens):

Secure Access for Everyone (SAFE) Working Group will explore secure access, policy control and safety for operators, administrators, developers, and end-users across the cloud native ecosystem

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/146

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Product Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado

Re: [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

Ayrat Khayretdinov <akhayretdinov@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 9:50 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
A new CNCF Working Group has been proposed (sponsored by Ken Owens):

Secure Access for Everyone (SAFE) Working Group will explore secure access, policy control and safety for operators, administrators, developers, and end-users across the cloud native ecosystem

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/146

Re: [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

Gou Rao <grao@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 6:50 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
A new CNCF Working Group has been proposed (sponsored by Ken Owens):

Secure Access for Everyone (SAFE) Working Group will explore secure access, policy control and safety for operators, administrators, developers, and end-users across the cloud native ecosystem

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/146

Re: [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

Tamal Saha

+1 (non-binding)

-Tamal

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 6:50 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
A new CNCF Working Group has been proposed (sponsored by Ken Owens):

Secure Access for Everyone (SAFE) Working Group will explore secure access, policy control and safety for operators, administrators, developers, and end-users across the cloud native ecosystem

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/146

Re: [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

j@...

+1 (non-binding)

On Sep 4, 2018, at 6:50 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

A new CNCF Working Group has been proposed (sponsored by Ken Owens):

Secure Access for Everyone (SAFE) Working Group will explore secure access, policy control and safety for operators, administrators, developers, and end-users across the cloud native ecosystem

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/146

Re: [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

Jack Cai

+1 non-binding

Jack

Varun Talwar <varun.talwar@...>于2018年9月4日 周二下午1:10写道:

+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 9:12 AM Chakri Nelluri <nelcyguy@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 11:22 AM <wenqiang.feng@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

A new CNCF Working Group has been proposed (sponsored by Ken Owens):

Secure Access for Everyone (SAFE) Working Group will explore secure access, policy control and safety for operators, administrators, developers, and end-users across the cloud native ecosystem

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/146

Re: [VOTE] SAFE (Security) Working Group

Sunil James

+1 non-binding.

---
SJ | sunil@... | Scytale & SPIFFE

Sender:Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Sent at:2018 Sep 4 (Tue) 23:33
Recipient:CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Cc:Allen <allensun.shl@...>

The Dragonfly project was presented to the TOC today:

They currently have one TOC sponsor, Jonathan Boulle.

The Dragonfly community is seeking an additional TOC sponsor and happy to answer any questions from the community.

Re: RFC: OpenMessaging

vongosling

Hi friends,

   Thank you for giving our team a chance to present OpenMessaging, a vendor-neutral open standard for distributed messaging and streaming on today. Please let us know of your feedback and comments to our project proposal: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/103.

    We are also sincerely seeking TOC sponsors to enter CNCF as a Sandbox level project. Thank you all for your time and consideration!

Best Regards,
Von Gosling

Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> 于2018年9月4日周二 下午11:43写道:

The OpenMessaging project was presented to the TOC today:

The OpenMessaging community is seeking TOC sponsors and happy to answer any questions from the community.

Nothing is impossible

4961 - 4980 of 7321