Date

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Giovanni Clement

+1 nb

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 21 août 2018 à 16:57, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> a écrit :

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Partha Seetala

Partha Seetala
Hyperconverged Kubernetes for Big Data, Databases and AI/ML

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Pengfei Ni

+1 (non-binding)

Best regards.

---
Pengfei Ni

王蕴博(效能平台部) <wangyunbo@...> 于2018年8月22日周三 上午10:36写道:

+1 (non-binding)

发件人: <cncf-toc@...> 代表 Yong Tang <yong.tang@...>
日期: 2018821 星期二 下午11:14
收件人: Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...>
抄送: Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On Aug 21, 2018, at 8:13 AM, Alex Chircop <alex.chircop@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, 21 August 2018 at 15:57
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Manik Taneja <manik.taneja@...>

Manik

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: RSocket Followup (post TOC meeting)

alexis richardson

Robert

Many thanks. How likely is gRPC over RSocket? Also, what are your
thoughts on getting more language clients?

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 3:44 PM, <robert@...> wrote:
Hi,

For context RSocket was started by Ben Christensen (RXJava fame) and
implemented by the Edge team not Tim’s team. All the original engineers
still work on RSocket either at Facebook or my company. It is still running
in production on Chromecast and Akira UIs at Netflix with the original
RSocket implementation. I can’t speak to future plans.

gRPC vs RSocket is not the best comparison. It is better to think about
RSocket vs HTTP/2. gRPC would easily work over RSocket. In fact it would be
cool to have gRPC over RSocket. Then you could switch transports very
easily. This would let you do cool things like gRPC over RSocket/Aeron
(Aeron tests showed double throughput with lower latency than TCP) or you
could use gRPC in a browser via websockets.

We have several ex-Netflixer at Netifi that have used both RSocket and gRPC
and they are happy to answer questions.

Thanks,
Robert

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Junghyun Kim

+1 (non-binding)

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, 21 August 2018 at 11:57 PM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

robert@...

[...]

Patrick Chanezon <patrick.chanezon@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Gou Rao <grao@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Francois Tur

+1 non-binding

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Christian Jantz

Christian Jantz

Do you have a cloud strategy? SAFEWRD is here to help as Amazon AWS Consulting Partner.

Sent on my iPhone, please excuse my brevity.

On 21. Aug 2018, at 7:42 PM, Srinivasan Jagannadhan <srinivasan.jagannadhan@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

Regards
Srinivasan Jagannadhan

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 10:57 AM, Deepthi Sigireddi <deepthi@...> wrote:

Deepthi Sigireddi
Planetscale
@deepthi

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Warm Regards
Srini

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

iftach Schonbaum

+1 non binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Srinivasan Jagannadhan <srinivasan.jagannadhan@...>
Date: Tuesday, 21 August 2018 at 21:42
To: Deepthi Sigireddi <deepthi@...>
Cc: Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Nick Chase

+1 non-binding

On 8/21/2018 2:19 PM, alexis richardson wrote:
+1 binding

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:12 PM, Greg Poirier <greg@...> wrote:
+1 (non-binding)

On Aug 21, 2018, at 7:57 AM, Chris Aniszczyk
<caniszczyk@...> wrote:

The etcd project is being proposed as an INCUBATION level CNCF project,
sponsored by Brian Grant from the TOC: https://github.com/coreos/etcd

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small
amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a
separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes.
It is used by a variety organizations and projects:
https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal
located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Nick Chase, Head of Technical and Marketing Content, Mirantis
Editor in Chief, Open Cloud Digest Author, Machine Learning for Mere Mortals

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Nils De Moor

+1 non binding

Nils

Sent from iPhone

<caniszczyk@...> wrote:

The etcd project is being proposed as an INCUBATION level CNCF project,
sponsored by Brian Grant from the TOC: https://github.com/coreos/etcd

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small
amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a
separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes.
It is used by a variety organizations and projects:
https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal
located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)