Date

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Chiradeep Vittal

+1 nonbinding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

akhayretdinov@...

+1 non-binding

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 12:36 PM Brandon DuRette <brandon.durette@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 11:23 AM Sam Lambert <samlambert@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 9:22 AM, Benjamin Hindman <benh@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Benjamin Hindman
Founder of Mesosphere and Co-Creator of Apache Mesos

Follow us on Twitter: @mesosphere

Follow Us Twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube

--
Brandon DuRette
CHIEF ARCHITECT

E: brandon.durette@...
WP Engine, Inc.  504 Lavaca Street, Suite 1000 Austin, Texas 78701

wpengine.com | blog | twitter | careers | torquemag.io | velocitize.com

[...]

Re: RFC: Security/SAFE WG Proposal for CNCF

Dan Shaw <dshaw@...>

JJ, Sarah Allen and I started the SAFE Working Group at
KubeCon/CloudNativeCon North America 2017.

We first introduced the SAFE WG to the TOC in April:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VrHKGre5Y8AbmXEOXu4VPfILReoLT38Uw9TMN71u08E/edit#slide=id.g381eda7dc9_0_125

SAFE WG has been meeting weekly since February 2018. We collaborate
with Kubernetes Policy Working Group, Kubernetes SIG-Auth, NIST Big
Data WG and recently merged in the proposed CNCF Policy WG.
https://github.com/cn-security/safe

Today, we are members from nearly 20 different organization coming
together to explore secure access, policy control and safety for
operators, administrators, developers, and end-users across the cloud
native ecosystem:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RkygwZw7ILVgGhBpKnFNgJ4BCc_9qMG8cIf0MRbuzB4/edit#slide=id.g4054009e6b_14_9

Thank you,

Dan Shaw
@dshaw
Cell: +1 415-885-9874
Always bet on Node.js ✨

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 9:09 AM, Chris Aniszczyk
<caniszczyk@...> wrote:
A Security WG is being proposed in CNCF:
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/146

It is sponsored by Ken Owens from the TOC, please take the time to ask their
community any questions before we hold an official vote. If there are no
strong objections by the next TOC meeting, I will call for an official vote.

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Sam Lambert <samlambert@...>

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

[...]

Anjana Fernando

+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 8:27 PM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Anjana Fernando
Director
WSO2 Inc. | http://wso2.com
lean . enterprise . middleware

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

RFC: Security/SAFE WG Proposal for CNCF

Chris Aniszczyk

A Security WG is being proposed in CNCF:

It is sponsored by Ken Owens from the TOC, please take the time to ask their community any questions before we hold an official vote. If there are no strong objections by the next TOC meeting, I will call for an official vote.

RFC: Rook moving from sandbox to incubation

Chris Aniszczyk

The TOC is requesting community input on rook moving to sandbox from incubation:

If there are no strong objections by the next TOC meeting, I will call for an official vote.

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Santosa, Andy

-Andy

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Bassam Tabbara

+1 non-binding

On Aug 21, 2018, at 7:57 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Mark Peek

+1 non-binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 2:57 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Igor Mameshin

+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 8:50 AM, Sun, Ning <ning.sun@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

Quinton Hoole

+1 (binding)

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 07:57
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

etcd is a consistent distributed key-value store, designed to hold small amounts of data that can fit entirely in memory and mainly used as a separate coordination service for other distributed systems like Kubernetes. It is used by a variety organizations and projects: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/143

TOC + Community Input: Cloud Native Buildpacks

Chris Aniszczyk

The buildpacks.io community presented at the TOC meeting today:

Brian Grant is willing to sponsor this for the sandbox so we are looking for one more (Camille is potentially interested but needs more time to review). We are also seeking input from the TOC and wider community.

Thank you!

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

mattfarina.com

Re: [VOTE] etcd project proposal (incubation)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 11:39 AM Harry Zhang <resouer@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

Strongly support without any doubt!

+1 (non-binding)