Date

Re: [VOTE] Prometheus moving to graduation

Daniel Bryant

+1 (non-binding)

Great to see!

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 3:56 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
Prometheus (https://prometheus.io) was the second project accepted in CNCF and has sustained an amazing growth of contributors and users since joining CNCF. We are moving forward with the graduation request from the Prometheus team after performing a review of the project: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/88

The Prometheus team believes it has fulfilled all the graduation criteria:

- A well defined governance model: https://prometheus.io/governance
- Used successfully in production by at least three independent end users of sufficient scale and quality: https://prometheus.io (see users end of page)
- Have a healthy number of committers: They have at least 17 committers from 10 different organizations: https://github.com/juliusv/toc/blob/6304e5807537402e5f7fd7a5b86864223cae5e0d/reviews/graduation-prometheus.md#have-committers-from-at-least-two-organizations
- Demonstrate a substantial ongoing flow of commits and merged contributions: They have had  850+ unique contributors with a total of 12k+ commits so far: https://prometheus.devstats.cncf.io

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/88

Re: [VOTE] Prometheus moving to graduation

Anjana Fernando

+1 (non-binding).

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 2:44 AM, Quinton Hoole <quinton.hoole@...> wrote:
+1 (binding)

--
Anjana Fernando
Director

Re: [VOTE] Prometheus moving to graduation

Sheng Liang <sheng@...>

+1 non-binding

On Apr 17, 2018, at 9:56 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

[...]

ggarg@...

+1 (non-binding)

Gaurav

Gaurav Garg
Sr. Director, Engineering - GROUPON

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 6:42 PM, Yong Tang <yong.tang@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Prometheus moving to graduation

Yong Tang

+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Prometheus moving to graduation

Nick Chase

+1 non-binding

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018, 9:00 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Xuan Jia <jason.jiaxuan@...>

+1 (non-binding)

Xuan Jia

Project Manager

Network & IT Technology Research Center China Mobile Research Institute

32 Xuanwumen West Street, Xicheng Distirct, Beijing 100032, China

Mobile: (+86) 13811000575

E-mail: jiaxuan@...

Timothy Chen <tim@...> 于2018年8月2日周四 上午9:18写道:

+1 (non-binding)

Tim

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 6:14 PM, Justin Cappos <jcappos@...> wrote:
+1 (non-binding)

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 6:14 PM Sun, Ning <ning.sun@...> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Josef Adersberger <josef.adersberger@...>
Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 2:46 PM
To: Quinton Hoole <quinton.hoole@...>
Cc: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On Wed 1. Aug 2018 at 23:14, Quinton Hoole <quinton.hoole@...> wrote:

+1 (binding)

--

Beste Arbeitgeber ITK 2018 - 1.Platz für QAware
ausgezeichnet von Great Place to Work und kununu

Dr. Josef Adersberger
Technischer Geschäftsführer

QAware GmbH
Aschauer Str. 32
81549 München, Germany
Tel +49 89 232315-113
Mobil +49 170 3075572
Fax +49 89 232315-129
josef.adersberger@...
www.qaware.de

Geschäftsführer: Christian Kamm, Bernd Schlüter, Johannes Weigend, Dr. Josef Adersberger
Registergericht: München
Handelsregisternummer: HRB 163761

Re: [VOTE] Prometheus moving to graduation

Josef Adersberger

+1 (non-binding)

On Wed 1. Aug 2018 at 23:14, Quinton Hoole <quinton.hoole@...> wrote:
+1 (binding)

--

Beste Arbeitgeber ITK 2018 - 1.Platz für QAware
ausgezeichnet von
Great Place to Work und kununu

Dr. Josef Adersberger
Technischer Geschäftsführer

QAware GmbH
Aschauer Str. 32
81549 München, Germany
Tel +49 89 232315-113
Mobil +49 170 3075572
Fax +49 89 232315-129
josef.adersberger@...
www.qaware.de

Geschäftsführer: Christian Kamm, Bernd Schlüter, Johannes Weigend, Dr. Josef Adersberger
Registergericht: München
Handelsregisternummer: HRB 163761

Re: [VOTE] Prometheus moving to graduation

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018, 5:14 PM Quinton Hoole <quinton.hoole@...> wrote:
+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Prometheus moving to graduation

Quinton Hoole

+1 (binding)

Seeking feedback on TiKV (and one more TOC sopnsor)

Kevin Xu

Hi all,

  Thank you for giving our team a chance to present TiKV, a distributed transactional key-value database, on July 3.

  Please let us know of your feedback and comments to our project proposal: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/133

  We are also looking for one more TOC sponsor in addition to Bryan Cantrill for TiKV to enter CNCF as a Sandbox level project.

  Thank you all for your time and consideration! Best,

Kevin

--
Kevin S. Xu
General Manager of U.S. Strategy and Operations

TOC Agenda for 7/17/2018

Chris Aniszczyk

Hey all, we are meeting tomorrow, here's the agenda deck:

We will be hearing from the Falco open source community which recently introduced themselves on the TOC list: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/2143

See you tomorrow!

Re: Cloud Native definition in Chinese

Dan Kohn <dan@...>

Final version (for now). Thanks everyone for your assistance.

CNCF Cloud Native Definition v1.0

Approved by TOC: 6/11/2018

中文版本在英文版本之后 (in Chinese below)

Cloud native technologies empower organizations to build and run scalable applications in modern, dynamic environments such as public, private, and hybrid clouds. Containers, service meshes, microservices, immutable infrastructure, and declarative APIs exemplify this approach.

These techniques enable loosely coupled systems that are resilient, manageable, and observable. Combined with robust automation, they allow engineers to make high-impact changes frequently and predictably with minimal toil.

The Cloud Native Computing Foundation seeks to drive adoption of this paradigm by fostering and sustaining an ecosystem of open source, vendor-neutral projects. We democratize state-of-the-art patterns to make these innovations accessible for everyone.

中文版本:

云原生技术有利于各组织在公有云、私有云和混合云等新型动态环境中,构建和运行可弹性扩展的应用。云原生的代表技术包括容器、服务网格、微服务、不可变基础设施和声明式API。

这些技术能够构建容错性好、易于管理和便于观察的松耦合系统。结合可靠的自动化手段,云原生技术使工程师能够轻松地对系统作出频繁和可预测的重大变更

云原生计算基金会(CNCF)致力于培育和维护一个厂商中立的开源生态系统,来推广云原生技术。我们通过将最前沿的模式民主化,让这些创新为大众所用。

Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation https://www.cncf.io
+1-415-233-1000 https://www.dankohn.com

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 2:34 PM, 蔡俊杰 <j.cai@...> wrote:
Thanks for everybody’s comments! I accepted one more suggestion in the Google doc version.

I believe the current Chinese translation looks good enough. Even though people may still have some different ideas on individual wording, I’d suggest that we resolve to the current version unless you have very strong opinion on making a further change.

Jack

发件人:Yongli Chen<Yongli.Chen@...>
日 期:2018年06月30日 03:27:06
收件人:Dan Kohn<dan@...>; 蔡俊杰<j.cai@...>
抄 送:Yuan Chen<yuan.chen@...>; cncf-toc@...<cncf-toc@...>
主 题:RE: [cncf-toc] Cloud Native definition in Chinese

"democratize state-of-the-art patterns" can be“设计范式普及化”.

Thanks,

Yongli

Sender:Yuan Chen <yuan.chen@...>

Send Date:Thu Jun 28 01:46:53 2018

CC:蔡俊杰 <j.cai@...>

Hi Dan and all,

Some good revisions were made to the draft. I think it's looking good and a much better read.

Some thiughts. I don't think we need to translate every words literally. For example, in my opinion,容错性 for resilient and可靠性 for robust are better translations than韧性 and 健壮 respectively in the context. We also need a better tranalation for "democratize state-of-the-art patterns".计算模式民主化 sounds strange to me.

I'd also suggest that once we have a stable version,  we send it to this list and get the final input and approvals from everyone (the Chinese speakers).

Thanks,

Yuan Chen

Principal Architect, Technical Infrastructure Group

JD.com Silicon Valley R&D Center

Tel: +1 (408) 604-9948