Date

Re: [VOTE] Cloud Native Definition

Sam Lambert <samlambert@...>

+1 binding.

Lots of work went into this. Thank you everyone.

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 11:28 PM, Paul Adams <paul.adams@...> wrote:
+1 (non-binding)

On 21 May 2018 at 15:48, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
"Cloud native technologies empower organizations to build and run...

--
Dr. Paul Adams
Open Source Lead

Mobile: +49 152 3884 2958

Zalando SE

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 158855 B
Steuer-Nr. 29/560/00596 * USt-ID-Nr. DE 260543043
Vorstand: Robert Gentz, David Schneider, Rubin Ritter
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Cristina Stenbeck
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin

Re: Feedback on Cortex presentation + call for TOC sponsors

Bob Cotton <bob@...>

Thank you, everyone, for taking the time today to consider sponsoring Cortex as a CNCF sandbox project.

After listening to the discussions today, I have a couple of points to make while you are considering your sponsorship:

1. Cortex solves problems in the Kubernetes ecosystem in ways that are not directly addressed by Prometheus. Very large Kubernetes users have very large monitoring problems that, in many cases, are best addressed by a horizontally scalable and multitenant metrics system like Cortex. We are solving users problems today, at scale, within Kubernetes.

2. The larger and more popular CNCF projects, like Kubernetes and Prometheus, are lacking sandbox spaces of their own. Re-reading the goals from the CFCF sandbox guidelines, it seems that the sandbox was designed for just this kind of project. Specifically, the Cortex community is looking for the following from being in the Sandbox:
  • Encourage public visibility of experiments or other early work that can add value to the CNCF mission
  • New projects that are designed to extend one or more CNCF projects with functionality
  • The Sandbox should provide a beneficial, neutral home for such projects, in order to foster collaborative development.
Given the conversation today about the number of projects that are coming to the CNCF, it will be a challenge to select those that support the mission of the CNCF. We understand that admission to the sandbox does not guarantee promotion, but without the help of the sandbox solving these problems for Kubernetes users will be a bigger challenge.

Thanks again for your time and consideration.

- Bob

Bob Cotton | Co-Founder
FreshTracks.io - Simplified Kubernetes Visibility

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Tom Wilkie <tom.wilkie@...> wrote:
Hello

First off: thanks for hosting our presentation today!

This is a follow up email as per Chris' suggestion, there were some questions on the chat we didn't get a chance to answer.  Also, if anyone has any other questions, feel free to fire away - and if you'd like to sponsor us... that'd be awesome!

Thanks

Tom

Feedback on Cortex presentation + call for TOC sponsors

Tom Wilkie <tom.wilkie@...>

Hello

First off: thanks for hosting our presentation today!

This is a follow up email as per Chris' suggestion, there were some questions on the chat we didn't get a chance to answer.  Also, if anyone has any other questions, feel free to fire away - and if you'd like to sponsor us... that'd be awesome!

Thanks

Tom

[RESULT] Helm project ACCEPTED (incubation)

+1 TOC binding votes (7 / 9):

Brian Grant: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/2082
+1 non-binding community votes:

We'll be working with the Helm community over the next few weeks to welcome them to the CNCF project family and move them over to https://github.com/helm

Re: [VOTE] Helm project proposal (incubation)

Bryan Cantrill <bryan@...>

On Tue, May 29, 2018, 6:59 AM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
The TOC has invited Helm (https://github.com/kubernetes-helm) as an
INCUBATION level CNCF project, sponsored by Brian Grant from the TOC:
https://www.helm.sh

Helm joined the CNCF at the same time Kubernetes did as it was a
sub-project of Kubernetes at that time. Helm is seeking to become a
top-level project within the CNCF because Helm has grown up and is
taking on a life of it's own. This can be seen in the over 300
contributors to Helm, over 800 contributors to the community charts,
running a successful conference based solely on Helm
(https://helmsummitpdx-feb2018.splashthat.com/), and the unique
culture forming around Helm compared to core Kubernetes.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project
proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/114

Re: [VOTE] Helm project proposal (incubation)

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 06:59
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Helm project proposal (incubation)

The TOC has invited Helm (https://github.com/kubernetes-helm) as an
INCUBATION level CNCF project, sponsored by Brian Grant from the TOC:

Helm joined the CNCF at the same time Kubernetes did as it was a
sub-project of Kubernetes at that time. Helm is seeking to become a
top-level project within the CNCF because Helm has grown up and is
taking on a life of it's own. This can be seen in the over 300
contributors to Helm, over 800 contributors to the community charts,
running a successful conference based solely on Helm
culture forming around Helm compared to core Kubernetes.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project

Re: [VOTE] Helm project proposal (incubation)

Jonathan Boulle <jon@...>

+1 binding

Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> schrieb am Di., 29. Mai 2018, 15:59:

The TOC has invited Helm (https://github.com/kubernetes-helm) as an
INCUBATION level CNCF project, sponsored by Brian Grant from the TOC:
https://www.helm.sh

Helm joined the CNCF at the same time Kubernetes did as it was a
sub-project of Kubernetes at that time. Helm is seeking to become a
top-level project within the CNCF because Helm has grown up and is
taking on a life of it's own. This can be seen in the over 300
contributors to Helm, over 800 contributors to the community charts,
running a successful conference based solely on Helm
(https://helmsummitpdx-feb2018.splashthat.com/), and the unique
culture forming around Helm compared to core Kubernetes.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project
proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/114

Re: [VOTE] Helm project proposal (incubation)

Nick Chase

+1 non-binding

On 5/31/2018 12:13 PM, Sam Lambert wrote:
+1 binding

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 8:05 AM, Brian Grant via Lists.Cncf.Io <briangrant=google.com@...> wrote:
On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 6:19 AM Barker, Daniel <drbarker@...> wrote:

Thank you. I’ll check it out.

Specifically, this:

Dan Barker

Chief Architect

National Association of Insurance Commissioners

1100 Walnut St. Suite 1500

Kansas City, MO 64106

816-783-8669