Date

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

DanW@concur.com <danw@...>

+1 non-binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 7:28 AM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

This e-mail message is authorized for use by the intended recipient only and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you received this message in error, please call us immediately at (425) 590-5000 and ask to speak to the message sender. Please do not copy, disseminate, or retain this message unless you are the intended recipient. In addition, to ensure the security of your data, please do not send any unencrypted credit card or personally identifiable information to this email address. Thank you.

On Mar 8, 2018 10:28 AM, "Chris Aniszczyk" <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Daniel Bryant

+1 (non-binding)

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 3:28 PM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Nick Chase

+1 non-binding

On 3/8/2018 10:28 AM, Chris Aniszczyk wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Nick Chase, Head of Technical and Marketing Content, Mirantis
Editor in Chief, Open Cloud Digest Author, Machine Learning for Mere Mortals

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Dino Dai Zovi <dino@...>

+1 (non-binding)

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 5:43 PM, Justin Cappos <jcappos@...> wrote:
+1 (non-binding)

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 10:28 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Justin Cappos

+1 (non-binding)

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 10:28 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Mark Peek

+1 non-binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 7:28 AM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here:

Re: will miss next TOC

Camille Fournier

Same

On Mar 8, 2018 5:26 PM, "alexis richardson" <alexis@...> wrote:
Hi

Apologies, I cannot attend the TOC call on March 20th.

Chris & Ken, please could you drive?

Re: will miss next TOC

Chris Aniszczyk

I got it, I’ll work with Ken.

On Mar 8, 2018, at 2:26 PM, alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:

Hi

Apologies, I cannot attend the TOC call on March 20th.

Chris & Ken, please could you drive?

will miss next TOC

alexis richardson

Hi

Apologies, I cannot attend the TOC call on March 20th.

Chris & Ken, please could you drive?

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Justin Cormack

+1 (non binding)

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 3:28 PM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Randy Abernethy

+1 non-binding (big fan)

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 7:28 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Randy Abernethy
Managing Partner
RX-M, LLC
randy.abernethy@...
o 415-800-2922
c 415-624-6447

[...]

JJ

+1 non-binding

On Mar 8, 2018 12:10 PM, "Gou Rao" <grao@...> wrote:
+1, non binding

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 7:28 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Gou Rao <grao@...>

+1, non binding

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 7:28 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Patrick Chanezon <patrick.chanezon@...>

+1 non-binding
Glad to see NATS maturing beyond the original cloud foundry use case!

P@

Louis Fourie <louis.fourie@...>

+1 non-binding

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Santosa, Andy

+1 non-binding

This looks great and something I’ve personally been looking for. Would be nice to see how it compares to Kafka - I see few out-dated article of benchmark comparison.

Regards,
-Andy

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 7:28 AM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@...>

+1, non-binding.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018, 07:28 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:

NATS is a mature, seven year old messaging technology, built from the ground up to be cloud native, implementing the publish/subscribe, request/reply and distributed queue patterns to help create a performant and secure method of InterProcess Communication (IPC). Simplicity, performance, scalability, and security constitute the core tenets of NATS. It is being adopted by organizations such as Apcera, Apporeto, Clarifai, Comcast, General Electric (GE), Greta.io, CloudFoundry, HTC, Samsung, Netlify, Pivotal, Platform9, Sensay, Workiva and VMware.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full project proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/81

Re: [VOTE] NATS project proposal (incubation)

Michal Cwienczek <michael.cwienczek@...>

+1 non binding

It's an awesome project and I believe when put under proper care, along with NATS Streaming will become cloud-first citizen.

Kind Regards,

Michal Cwienczek

On 8 March 2018 at 18:05:41, Quinton Hoole (quinton.hoole@...) wrote:

+1 non-binding.