Date

Re: [VOTE] Kubernetes moving to graduation

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Monday, February 26, 2018 at 08:52
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Kubernetes moving to graduation

After last week's TOC call, we decided to start moving forward with graduation reviews. Kubernetes was the project that motivated the creation of the CNCF, and was its first (seed) project. It has sustained a fast pace of growth of contributors, contributing organizations, and users, and now operates at massive scale. The project's governance and community-management practices continue to evolve and mature as the project grows, but the Kubernetes Steering Committee (https://github.com/kubernetes/steering) unanimously believes that Kubernetes fulfills all the CNCF incubating and graduation criteria:

- Used successfully in production by at least three independent end users of sufficient scale and quality: https://kubernetes.io/case-studies
- Have a healthy number of committers: Kubernetes is so large, with thousands of contributors and nearly 100 repositories, that we had to develop our own mechanism to manage approval permissions. We have hundreds of approvers, listed in more than 4000 OWNERS files across the project (https://github.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=org%3Akubernetes+filename%3AOWNERS&type=Code)
- Demonstrate a substantial ongoing flow of commits and merged contributions: Devstats shows that we have thousands of PRs merged per month (https://k8s.devstats.cncf.io/)

Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/91

Re: [VOTE] Kubernetes moving to graduation

Richard Hartmann

Obvious +1, obviously non-binding.

Re: [VOTE] Kubernetes moving to graduation

Marius Grigoriu

+1 non-binding

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Monday, February 26, 2018 at 8:52 AM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

Benjamin Hindman

+1 binding

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 8:52 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Founder of Mesosphere and Co-Creator of Apache Mesos

Follow us on Twitter: @mesosphere

Follow Us Twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube

Re: [VOTE] Kubernetes moving to graduation

Joseph Jacks <jacks.joe@...>

+1 non-binding

Re: [VOTE] Kubernetes moving to graduation

Brandon DuRette

+1 non-binding

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 10:52 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

CHIEF ARCHITECT

E: brandon.durette@...
WP Engine, Inc.  504 Lavaca Street, Suite 1000 Austin, Texas 78701

wpengine.com | blog | twitter | careers | torquemag.io | velocitize.com

Re: [VOTE] Kubernetes moving to graduation

DanW@concur.com <danw@...>

+1 non-binding

woot!

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...>
Date: Monday, February 26, 2018 at 8:52 AM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>

[...]

This e-mail message is authorized for use by the intended recipient only and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you received this message in error, please call us immediately at (425) 590-5000 and ask to speak to the message sender. Please do not copy, disseminate, or retain this message unless you are the intended recipient. In addition, to ensure the security of your data, please do not send any unencrypted credit card or personally identifiable information to this email address. Thank you.

Re: [VOTE] Kubernetes moving to graduation

Taha Ozket

+1 non binding

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 7:52 PM Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Senior IT Consultant taha.ozket@...

ACEDEMAND IT Consulting Services http://www.acedemand.com
Maslak Eclipse A 164 Tel: +90-212 803 0 231
Maslak / ISTANBUL Mobile: +90-532 683 43 37

Re: [VOTE] Kubernetes moving to graduation

Zhang Lei

+1 of course, non binding

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 10:13 AM, Brian Grant via Lists.Cncf.Io <briangrant=google.com@...> wrote:
+1 binding

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 8:52 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
[...]

Timothy Chen

+1 non binding

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 10:40 AM Sam Lambert <samlambert@...> wrote:
+1 binding.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 10:32 AM, Manik Taneja via Lists.Cncf.Io <manik.taneja=docker.com@...> wrote:
+1, non-binding!

Cheers,
Manik

Sam Lambert <samlambert@...>

[...]

Manik Taneja <manik.taneja@...>

+1, non-binding!

Cheers,
Manik

Bryan Cantrill <bryan@...>

[...]

Dustin Kirkland <dustin.kirkland@...>

+1, non-binding.

Dustin Kirkland
VP, Product
Canonical, Ltd.
@DustinKirkland

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 11:52 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
[...]

Aparna Sinha

+1 non-binding

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 9:56 AM, Jon Mittelhauser <jon.mittelhauser@...> wrote:
+1 non-binding

On 2/26/18, 9:53 AM, "Michael Hausenblas" <cncf-toc@... on behalf of mhausenb@...> wrote:

    Michael

    --
    Michael Hausenblas, Developer Advocate
    OpenShift by Red Hat

--
Aparna Sinha
Group Product Manager

650-283-6086 (m)

Re: [VOTE] Kubernetes moving to graduation

Jon Mittelhauser

> [...]
>
> Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located
> here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_cncf_toc_pull_91&d=DwIFaQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PZh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=FHIOY6WPD2iUlYyguyR6P1yL3kZ3ufKFttWUV6c6mMg&m=1YTJCWvDUziJA-RXN4sAdRfmHhMiBol_aKpD6Zv-J8A&s=RaoKaMsBvN8xlY0Sexj2gftoMZ9aYExmdikoGX4EknY&e=
>
> Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate
> non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!
>
> --
> Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Re: [VOTE] Kubernetes moving to graduation

Karan Gupta <karan@...>

+1 non-binding

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 9:41 AM, Thangavelu, Kapil via Lists.Cncf.Io <kapil.thangavelu=capitalone.com@...> wrote:

+1 non-binding

[...]