Date

Re: Face to face TOC meeting at Cloud Native Con / Kubecon?

alexis richardson

Would 6pm Monday work well for people?

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Brian Grant <briangrant@...> wrote:
I could make the following times work:
  • Wednesday evening
  • Monday evening
  • 2pm Thursday
  • Friday afternoon
I'm going to be involved in the dev summit all day Tuesday and probably in a number of the SIG meetings (and certainly the one I lead), so other times will not work.

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 4:53 AM, Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
The Kubernetes Dev Summit is scheduled for all day Tuesday, 12/5. There's also an evening reception afterward. I think my recommendation is to add a public and private TOC meeting to the SIG track for Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.

Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation https://www.cncf.io

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 7:50 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Can you do kube dev summit on Tuesday afternoon?

On Tue, 3 Oct 2017, 12:10 Ihor Dvoretskyi, <ihor.dvoretskyi@...> wrote:
We've been considering an ability to set up a f2f meeting for CNCF Ambassadors in Austin, it might be a good point to extend the number of participants.

Please, note - we're also planning to set up the Kubernetes Developers Summit on Tuesday. It is strongly unlikely to make these events overlapping.

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017, 1:51 PM Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Hi all

Please can we organise an open F2F for all CNCF TOC, Contributors, Ambassadors and other interested humans?  This would be useful for:

* 2017 Retrospective
* What do want to achieve in 2018?
* Induction of new members into the Mysteries
* Singing the motivational Song of the Maintainers

For example, we could meet on the morning of Tuesday 5th Dec in Austin.  There is a CNCF GB meeting that afternoon.

Re: Face to face TOC meeting at Cloud Native Con / Kubecon?

Brian Grant

[...]

Re: [VOTE] Notary/TUF project proposal (incubation)

Sam Lambert <samlambert@...>

+1

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 6:24 AM, Ken Owens via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
+1

On Oct 2, 2017 10:41 AM, "Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc" <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

The Update Framework (TUF) is a specification designed to solve specifically provenance and trust problems as part of a larger distribution framework. Notary is a content signing framework implementing the TUF specification in the Go language. The project provides both a client, and a pair of server applications to host signed metadata and perform limited online signing functions.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/38

Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!

Re: Face to face TOC meeting at Cloud Native Con / Kubecon?

Stephen Watt

+1. I just wanted to add that other interested constituents in attending would be the various participating work group members. A lot of the work group work is still at a formative phase and having some face time goes a long a way to avoiding misinterpreted intentions when it comes time for the intense debates!

Dan Kohn <dan@...>

+1-415-233-1000 https://www.dankohn.com

[...]

Re: FYI: Sam Lambert (GitHub) elected on the TOC

Ken Owens

Awesome news! Welcome Sam. Looking forward to collaborating and driving cloud native with you.

On Oct 2, 2017 3:47 PM, "Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc" <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Hey TOC and wider CNCF community, just wanted to let you know our election ended for the End User TOC seat today: https://github.com/cncf/toc/blob/master/process/election-schedule.md

Sam Lambert won the election and will be joining us on the TOC officially, representing the end user community: https://www.cncf.io/people/end-user-community/

Sam is a Senior Director of Infrastructure Engineering at GitHub and as you're aware, GitHub has recently started to adopt Kubernetes in a big way: https://githubengineering.com/kubernetes-at-github (they are also users of other CNCF projects too).

Anyways, everyone please welcome Sam to the community!

Re: Face to face TOC meeting at Cloud Native Con / Kubecon?

Ihor Dvoretskyi

[...]

Good idea and timing.

On Oct 3, 2017 5:51 AM, "Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc" <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
[...]

alexis

Re: FYI: Sam Lambert (GitHub) elected on the TOC

Solomon Hykes

Welcome Sam :)

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 10:47 PM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Hey TOC and wider CNCF community, just wanted to let you know our election ended for the End User TOC seat today: https://github.com/cncf/toc/blob/master/process/election-schedule.md

Sam Lambert won the election and will be joining us on the TOC officially, representing the end user community: https://www.cncf.io/people/end-user-community/

Sam is a Senior Director of Infrastructure Engineering at GitHub and as you're aware, GitHub has recently started to adopt Kubernetes in a big way: https://githubengineering.com/kubernetes-at-github (they are also users of other CNCF projects too).

Anyways, everyone please welcome Sam to the community!

Re: FYI: Sam Lambert (GitHub) elected on the TOC

alexis richardson

Sam,

I believe you are just in time to cast your first vote (Notary).  Are you familiar with the process?  Please ping me if not.

Alexis

On Tue, 3 Oct 2017, 04:57 Sam Lambert via cncf-toc, <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I am really grateful for this opportunity to work with you all.

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 8:49 PM, Aparna Sinha via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Congrats and welcome Sam!

On Oct 2, 2017 8:47 PM, "Erin Boyd via cncf-toc" <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Congrats, Sam!
Erin

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Andrew Randall via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Congrats Sam! Welcome!

Cheers,
Andy

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 2:11 PM Swarna (Avi Networks) via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Always great to see end users join the community!  Welcome, Sam.  Great to have you here.

Regards

Swarna.

On Oct 2, 2017, 1:47 PM -0700, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>, wrote:
Hey TOC and wider CNCF community, just wanted to let you know our election ended for the End User TOC seat today: https://github.com/cncf/toc/blob/master/process/election-schedule.md

Sam Lambert won the election and will be joining us on the TOC officially, representing the end user community: https://www.cncf.io/people/end-user-community/

Sam is a Senior Director of Infrastructure Engineering at GitHub and as you're aware, GitHub has recently started to adopt Kubernetes in a big way: https://githubengineering.com/kubernetes-at-github (they are also users of other CNCF projects too).

Anyways, everyone please welcome Sam to the community!

Andrew Randall
Tigera, Inc.
(510) 520-0999

[...]

Aparna Sinha

[...]

[...]