Date

Re: my cncf contributor volunteer seems to have been missed

Christopher LILJENSTOLPE <cdl@...>

Thank’s Alexis,

There was a big pile-on there, so not surprised that it got missed. Chris, can you add me, pls

Christopher

On 19 Sep 2017, at 12:10, Alexis Richardson wrote:

Chris L

Thank-you for raising this.

I must gracefully step aside and gesture at my colleague, Chris A, who had volunteered to populate that list with the names from the email thread ;-)

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE <cdl@...> wrote:

Greetings Alexis,

I just thought I would check-in on the CNCF TOC Contributors spreadsheet, and I see that I am not on it. Did you miss my volunteer for the contributors list?

Christopher

On 23 Aug 2017, at 10:02, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE via cncf-toc wrote:

Greetings,

Tigera as a company, and I, personally, are very supportive of this formalization of a contributor role. Please add me to the potential contributors list.

Christopher

On 22 Aug 2017, at 14:39, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc wrote:

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio
Check my PGP key here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.asc
Current vCard here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.vcf
keybase: https://keybase.io/liljenstolpe

--
李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio
Check my PGP key here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.asc
Current vCard here: http://www.asgaard.org/cdl/cdl.vcf
keybase: https://keybase.io/liljenstolpe

Re: my cncf contributor volunteer seems to have been missed

alexis richardson

[...]

Re: CNCF SWG Agenda for 9/20 8 AM PT

alexis richardson

A Landscape, explained by a white paper, would be Helpful!

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 8:03 PM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
FYI for wider awareness

From: Benjamin Hindman <benh@...>
Date: Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:35 PM
To: cncf-wg-storage <cncf-wg-storage@...>

For the CNCF SWG on 9/20 I've added two topics based on email threads and discussions that have come from the last SWG meeting and Clint and Steve's presentation to the POC:

Agenda:
  • Clarification on role, responsibilities, and expectations of SWG (e.g., should we write a white paper?)
  • Cloud Native Storage Landscape
I've also updated the meeting minutes. Looking forward to discussing this all with you!

RFC: CNCF Serverless WG Whitepaper

Chris Aniszczyk

I mentioned that I would share this work from the CNCF Serverless WG:
https://github.com/cncf/wg-serverless

Please take a look at it, it's a fairly detailed overview of the serverless landscape (still in draft): https://goo.gl/udD8Fx

Also please consider participating in the WG if you're interested in serverless!

Re: FYI: CNCF TOC Meeting 9/19/2017 Agenda

Quinton Hoole

Regarding notary/TUF due diligence, there remain some significant and legitimate concerns about the accuracy of the comparison matrix in the slide deck (for example this set of comments). Some updates have been made to the matrix in the proposal to address those specific concerns (presumably after the slide deck was prepared), but it’s not clear to me that even those updates bring the matrix to a point of being accurate.  So I don’t think it would be wise to solicit a vote on the basis of the comparison matrix in the slide deck.

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Monday, September 18, 2017 at 14:15
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] FYI: CNCF TOC Meeting 9/19/2017 Agenda

Just a heads up, the TOC is meeting tomorrow, here's the agenda:

We will cover information about the TOC principles, TOC election schedule, notary due diligence, GB dev seats and more.

Here is also the TOC principles in markdown form ready for final review:

FYI: CNCF TOC Meeting 9/19/2017 Agenda

Chris Aniszczyk

Just a heads up, the TOC is meeting tomorrow, here's the agenda:

We will cover information about the TOC principles, TOC election schedule, notary due diligence, GB dev seats and more.

Here is also the TOC principles in markdown form ready for final review:

Re: Welcome Ihor: New CNCF Dev Advocate

alexis richardson

Welcome.  Great news!

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017, 18:56 Shawn Preissner via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Excited to officially have you onboard, Ihor!

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:58 AM Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Just a heads up, I'm happy to welcome Ihor Dvoretskyi to the CNCF:

As many of you are aware, CNCF has grown quite a bit over the last couple of years which is why we have hired a full-time Developer Advocate dedicated to the development, advocacy and community cultivation for CNCF projects.

Ihor will still heavily be involved in the Kubernetes community and ensuring that we are doing the best we can for Kubernetes and other CNCF projects as we continue to grow as a foundation.

Anyways, welcome Ihor!

Shawn Preissner
Integrated Marketing Manager

The Linux Foundation

Cell: +1 (919)257-9591

Web: cncf.io and cncf.io/events

Sign up for our newsletter to get inspiration in your inbox: https://www.cncf.io/newsroom/newsletter

Re: Welcome Ihor: New CNCF Dev Advocate

Shawn Preissner <spreissner@...>

[...]

NASSAUR, DOUGLAS C <dn283x@...>

I second Patrick's comments!! Welcome!!

Regards, Doug

On Sep 18, 2017, at 1:08 PM, Patrick Chanezon via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Excellent choice: good luck in your new role Ihor!

P@

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Just a heads up, I'm happy to welcome Ihor Dvoretskyi to the CNCF:

As many of you are aware, CNCF has grown quite a bit over the last couple of years which is why we have hired a full-time Developer Advocate dedicated to the development, advocacy and community cultivation for CNCF projects.

Ihor will still heavily be involved in the Kubernetes community and ensuring that we are doing the best we can for Kubernetes and other CNCF projects as we continue to grow as a foundation.

Anyways, welcome Ihor!

Re: Welcome Ihor: New CNCF Dev Advocate

Rob Lalonde

Cool! Welcome Ihor!

Rob

On Sep 18, 2017, at 12:58 PM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Just a heads up, I'm happy to welcome Ihor Dvoretskyi to the CNCF:

As many of you are aware, CNCF has grown quite a bit over the last couple of years which is why we have hired a full-time Developer Advocate dedicated to the development, advocacy and community cultivation for CNCF projects.

Ihor will still heavily be involved in the Kubernetes community and ensuring that we are doing the best we can for Kubernetes and other CNCF projects as we continue to grow as a foundation.

Anyways, welcome Ihor!

Re: Welcome Ihor: New CNCF Dev Advocate

Annie Fisher <afisher@...>

Welcome, Ihor!!!  So happy to have you on the team :)

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PT
email: afisher@...

Patrick Chanezon <patrick.chanezon@...>

Excellent choice: good luck in your new role Ihor!

P@

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Just a heads up, I'm happy to welcome Ihor Dvoretskyi to the CNCF:

As many of you are aware, CNCF has grown quite a bit over the last couple of years which is why we have hired a full-time Developer Advocate dedicated to the development, advocacy and community cultivation for CNCF projects.

Ihor will still heavily be involved in the Kubernetes community and ensuring that we are doing the best we can for Kubernetes and other CNCF projects as we continue to grow as a foundation.

Anyways, welcome Ihor!

Re: Welcome Ihor: New CNCF Dev Advocate

Xu Wang

Congrats Ihor!

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 10:03 AM, Sebastien Goasguen via cncf-toc cncf-toc@... wrote:
Great pick,

Congrats Ihor ! (now we know were you landed)

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Sarah Conway via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Welcome!

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Just a heads up, I'm happy to welcome Ihor Dvoretskyi to the CNCF:

As many of you are aware, CNCF has grown quite a bit over the last couple of years which is why we have hired a full-time Developer Advocate dedicated to the development, advocacy and community cultivation for CNCF projects.

Ihor will still heavily be involved in the Kubernetes community and ensuring that we are doing the best we can for Kubernetes and other CNCF projects as we continue to grow as a foundation.

Anyways, welcome Ihor!

Sarah Conway
Senior Director of PR Services
The Linux Foundation
Skype:  sarah.k.conway

Sebastien Goasguen

Senior Director of Cloud Technologies, Bitnami

+41 79 367 38 25

@sebgoa

--

Xu Wang
CTO & Cofounder, Hyper

Hyper_: Make VM run like container

Re: Welcome Ihor: New CNCF Dev Advocate

Sebastien Goasguen <sebgoa@...>

Sarah Conway <sconway@...>

Welcome!

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Just a heads up, I'm happy to welcome Ihor Dvoretskyi to the CNCF:

As many of you are aware, CNCF has grown quite a bit over the last couple of years which is why we have hired a full-time Developer Advocate dedicated to the development, advocacy and community cultivation for CNCF projects.

Ihor will still heavily be involved in the Kubernetes community and ensuring that we are doing the best we can for Kubernetes and other CNCF projects as we continue to grow as a foundation.

Anyways, welcome Ihor!

Sarah Conway
Senior Director of PR Services
The Linux Foundation
(978) 578-5300  Cell
Skype:  sarah.k.conway

Welcome Ihor: New CNCF Dev Advocate

Chris Aniszczyk

Just a heads up, I'm happy to welcome Ihor Dvoretskyi to the CNCF:

As many of you are aware, CNCF has grown quite a bit over the last couple of years which is why we have hired a full-time Developer Advocate dedicated to the development, advocacy and community cultivation for CNCF projects.

Ihor will still heavily be involved in the Kubernetes community and ensuring that we are doing the best we can for Kubernetes and other CNCF projects as we continue to grow as a foundation.

Anyways, welcome Ihor!

Re: TOC Principles pull request

alexis richardson

Thanks Dan

All, please do take a last look over the g/doc comments.  If you see discussion there that you feel is not in GH or still unresolved, please update the GH doc.

Alexis

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017, 04:01 Dan Kohn via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
I took the TOC Principles document created by several TOC members and:

1. Converted it to markdown.
2. Left out the notes and comments on the budget.

The notes and comments are important (and remain in the original Google Doc), but will hopefully be addressed by the CNCF ServiceDesk and Service Dashboard that we'll be announcing in the next couple weeks.

For now, the TOC and I would appreciate your comments on the Principles themselves. If you don't think they adequately describe the way the TOC operates (and/or how it should operate), then please comment on the pull request.

Once comments are addressed, the goal is for the TOC to vote that this document represents the TOC Principles, and to have the CNCF governing board vote to endorse the Principles as well.

Rendered version

Pull request (comments welcome)

TOC Principles (i.e., the original document)

Thanks.
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@...>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>

TOC Principles pull request

Dan Kohn <dan@...>

[...]

Re: New version of Cloud Native Landscape

Quinton Hoole

Would it make sense to also highlight “CNCF Member” projects, distinct from “CNCF Project”s?  The former much less prominently than the latter of course.

For example:

Oracle Database
Amazon Kinesis
Etc.

Technical Vice President

America Research Center

2330 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050

Tel: 408-330-4721   Cell: 408-320-8917   Office # E2-9

Email: quinton.hoole@...   ID#Q00403160

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Brian Grant via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 18:21
To: Dan Kohn <dan@...>
Cc: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] New version of Cloud Native Landscape

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 5:37 PM, Dan Kohn <dan@...> wrote:
Coming back to this:

Please move Openstack, VMWare, and the other private cloud platforms back to the bottom. Bare metal should be side by side with public clouds, not in the provisioning layer.

In the next version, we'll rename Public cloud to cloud and put the bare metal category next to the public cloud one.

CI/CD definitely needs to be moved back up to the top.

That's done on 0.9.7, along with identifying Jaeger and Envoy as CNCF Projects.

"CI/CD Security" is incorrect/confusing. Image Security? And Vault isn't really in the same category as the others. That would be Key Management or Identity.

That category is changed to Secure Images. Where would you put a Key Management category? What else would go there?

But I'm not very familiar with any of those. Most clouds offer them, too.

Hashi's comparisons:

I'll think more about the layering, but I don't think provisioning is egregiously wrong, as it's a service commonly offered by clouds, configuration management tools, orchestration systems, and so on, which applications usually need in order to be able to authenticate with any other services.

Though not a recent change, it would probably make sense to move Registry Services down to the provisioning layer.

OK.

Nit: cri-o is a Kubernetes project, so it's owned by CNCF. Not sure how you want to indicate that.

I think it might make sense to list as a CNCF project when it exits incubation. Or we could call it a CNCF sub-project, or something like that.

No CNCF projects have graduated incubation yet :-)

6081 - 6100 of 7317