Date

RFC: Policy for Maintainer/Dev Representation on the CNCF GB

Chris Aniszczyk

Hey CNCF TOC and wider community, we are finalizing the process for electing 2 developers/maintainers on the GB to represent our maintainer community. The policy is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XVD00w6meLPUERzslj3GaqvKBU5MTGX49D_xhXlrn0U/edit?usp=sharing

It would be great to get your feedback as we'd like to start the nomination process soon.

Personally, I'm excited to have more developer representation on the GB, it's key for us to grow and maintain a healthy community.

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Quinton Hoole

+1 (non-binding).

Quinton Hoole

Technical Vice President

America Research Center

2330 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050

Tel: 408-330-4721   Cell: 408-320-8917   Office # E2-9

Email: quinton.hoole@...   ID#Q00403160

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Ben Sigelman via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 08:41
To: Mark Peek <markpeek@...>, CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

excited (non-binding)!

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:39 AM Mark Peek via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

+1

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 6:53 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Ben Sigelman

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 6:53 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Mark Peek

+1

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 6:53 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Brian Grant

+1. Our experience with Envoy and the Lyft team has been great.

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 6:57 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Elaboration

As sponsors Ken and I spoke with several users of Envoy as well as conducting normal diligence.  We were greatly helped by in depth tech DD conducted by Tigers and Google.  Also three major users responded privately.

I am delighted to endorse Envoy and its team/community.

Thanks to Matt Klein for making this process swift and precise.

Alexis

On Fri, 1 Sep 2017, 14:54 Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:

+1

On Fri, 1 Sep 2017, 14:53 Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Richard Li

+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Kitson, Clinton <Clinton.Kitson@...>

+1

Clint Kitson
Technical Director
{code} by Dell EMC
CNCF Governing Board Member
---
email: Clinton.Kitson@...
mobile: "+1 424 645 4116"
team: codeDellEMC.com
[...]

Gary Brown

+1 (non-binding)

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

William Morgan

+1 (non-binding)

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 6:53 AM Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

-William

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

Doug Davis <dug@...>

+1 !

Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc ---09/01/2017 09:53:22 AM---The TOC has decided to invite Envoy (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com

From: Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Date: 09/01/2017 09:53 AM
Sent by: cncf-toc-bounces@...

Envoy is a high performance C++ distributed proxy, communication bus and universal data plane designed for large microservice service mesh architectures. Envoy runs alongside every application and abstracts the network by providing common features in a platform-agnostic manner. When all service traffic in an infrastructure flows via an Envoy mesh, it becomes easy to visualize problem areas via consistent observability, tune overall performance, and add substrate features in a single place.

Please vote (+1/0/-1) on the full project proposal located here on GitHub: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/43

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719_______________________________________________

Re: [VOTE] Envoy project proposal (incubation)

alexis richardson

[...]

Re: Introducing "TOC Contributor" role

Santosa, Andy

+1

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Xu Wang via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 12:15 PM
To: "cncf-toc@..." <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] Introducing "TOC Contributor" role

+1 & count me in.

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 3:23 AM, Erin Boyd via cncf-toc cncf-toc@... wrote:
+1 I would be very interested in several of the tasks.

Erin

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

Re: Introducing "TOC Contributor" role

Bassam Tabbara <bassam@...>

+1 happy to help with DD on projects.

On Aug 22, 2017, at 2:39 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

Re: Introducing "TOC Contributor" role

Jong Choi

+1. Please count me in.

Interested and willing to be involved in and contribute to the technical activities around application focus projects.

Thanks,

Jong

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 14:39
To: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.

Re: Introducing "TOC Contributor" role

Gianluca Arbezzano <gianarb92@...>

Great opportunity