Re: Serverless WG formation

Chris Aniszczyk

a +1 here is sufficient for now Justin if you support the WG creation, here are the concrete goals for the proposed serverless WG atm:
  • Provide clarity for ourselves and consumers w.r.t. what this topic is all about:
    • Define common terminology
    • Define the scope of the space as it exists today - over time this may change
    • Identify common use cases and patterns between existing implementations
  • Identify potential next steps for the community (may or may not happen within CNCF):
    • Identifying areas where we’d like to see some harmonization or interop work
  • Create a white/position-paper on Serverless in relation to Cloud Native.

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Justin Garrison via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
I agree this would be a useful group in the cncf but also have concerns discussed in earlier calls about being too early on trying to standardize a solution and possibly limit an evolving technology too soon.

Is there a google group I can subscribe to or should I just +1 here?

--
Justin Garrison
justingarrison.com

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Doug Davis via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
As I mentioned on the call, IBM as a key participant in Open Whisk will be there.

-Doug

Sent from my iPhone

On May 16, 2017, at 5:42 PM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Ken

Can you solicit some oss projects to get involved?  Is that doable?  Please let us know!

On Tue, 16 May 2017, 17:32 Antonio Gulli via cncf-toc, <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
thanks Ken,
I'd like to  participate as well for Google Cloud Function, with a particular interest for portable container environment, standard events, etc
Cheers
//A

Thanks Ken,
Chiming in for Fission.io -- I'd like to participate too, and we're
especially interested in function portability across different serverless
platforms, and standardization around event formats etc.

-Soam

Antonio Gulli | Site Lead && Eng. Director | gulli@...