Re: Vitess follow up

Sugu Sougoumarane

Hi Chris, Alexis,

For the license, we already intend to change it to ALv2:

For the comparison of various systems and trade-offs, we'll try to put something together in the next few days.

As for why we're excited about wanting to join CNCF, I think this issue describes it well:

PS: Thanks for the adopters suggestion on github. I'll work on that, and also see if we can feature them on

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Chris Aniszczyk via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:
Also in terms of process, I believe Brian Grant on today's call has expressed interest in sponsoring the project from the TOC. I'd suggest at a following or next TOC meeting to decide whether the TOC desires to formally invite the project.

Another thing to bring up is that Vitess is currently under the BSD-3 license (, which isn't a major issue, but we will have to decide what approach to take (move to ALv2 or go for an exception) if they become a project.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Thank you again for your pres today.

What would *help Vitess the most* from a project advancement & end user POV?  How can CNCF help?


cncf-toc mailing list

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

cncf-toc mailing list

Join to automatically receive all group messages.