Re: Sandbox process needs to evolve to support cross industry collaboation

Davanum Srinivas

I like that Josh! A bit more work on the TOC side, but the paper trail is for sure a good idea.

Amye, TOC members,
Please chime in as well.

-- Dims

PS: we'll keep talking, when ready we can PR the changes to existing process(es) and then make it official (and then roll it out).

On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 5:38 PM Josh Berkus <jberkus@...> wrote:
On 4/30/22 09:18, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> - there are 21 applications currently in the queue, a bunch of them are
> resubmissions where the TOC has a set of questions and they came back
> with answers.

FWIW, this part of the process could be made considerably more efficient
for both the projects and the TOC as well.

Right now, when sandbox projects are sent out and come back with
answers, there's no paper trail for the questions and the answers.  This
forces TOC members to re-evaluate the project from scratch.

My suggestion for a simple process that would solve this.  If a project
needs to answer questions or get inspected by a TAG, what happens is:

1. The TOC writes the questions in an issue in the TOC repo
2. The project or the TAG (depending) answer those questions in the TOC
repo.
3. Evaluation is resumed whenever the questions are answered.

This would spare TOC members from effectively starting over each time a
project re-applies.

--
-- Josh Berkus
    Kubernetes Community Architect