Jonathan Boulle <jonathan.boulle@...>
Quick summary of the documentation talk in the call today:
- CNCF projects can reach out (Dan: please provide appropriate contact here) for assistance with contracting resources to help with documentation: CNCF will help with recruiting/logistics, then regularly look to project maintainers for approval of the work
- Most projects are using similar documentation sites already (simple Jekyll/GitHub hosted websites that render markdown), probably not a lot to add here
- Projects like Kubernetes are "too big to help" in the sense that they already have large, established infrastructure and processes around managing and publishing documentation; CNCF can help with some content though
- Brian G had concerns about long ramp-up time with random contractors; perhaps instead we can re-use a resource that becomes familiar with the projects (especially as they intersect)
- Another area Kubernetes could use help is homepage design - perhaps this is also something we can provide an optional consistent design for projects?
anything I missed?