- [VOTE] Proposal to archive OpenTracing
Re: [VOTE] Proposal to archive OpenTracing
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 07:49:29PM +0100, Liz Rice via lists.cncf.io wrote:
On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 at 18:15, Richard Hartmann <email@example.com> wrote:
Sent by mobile; please excuse my brevity.
On Fri, Aug 20, 2021, 18:50 Amye Scavarda Perrin <
Since the merger of OpenTracing & OpenCensus into OpenTelemetry it was
always the maintainers’ intention to archive OpenTracing. Now that
OpenTelemetry has reached incubation, OpenTracing is proposed as an
archived project as the previous iteration of OpenTelemetry.
https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/710 is the proposal.
Archiving a project is rare, this is only the 2nd CNCF project to be
has details but what this means:
- CNCF will no longer provide support for the project via service desk
- CNCF will list archived projects online
- Trademarks and domain names of archived projects are still hosted
neutrally by the CNCF and the Linux Foundation
- CNCF can provide services such as documentation updates to help
- Other CNCF marketing activities will no longer be provided for the
project (like space at conferences)
Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread.
Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate
non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.