Since the merger of OpenTracing & OpenCensus into OpenTelemetry it was always the maintainers’ intention to archive OpenTracing. Now that OpenTelemetry has reached incubation, OpenTracing is proposed as an archived project as the previous iteration of OpenTelemetry. https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/710
is the proposal.
Archiving a project is rare, this is only the 2nd CNCF project to be archived. https://github.com/cncf/toc/blob/master/process/archiving.md
has details but what this means:
- CNCF will no longer provide support for the project via service desk
- CNCF will list archived projects online
- Trademarks and domain names of archived projects are still hosted neutrally by the CNCF and the Linux Foundation
- CNCF can provide services such as documentation updates to help transition users.
- Other CNCF marketing activities will no longer be provided for the project (like space at conferences)
Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread.
Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Program Manager | amye@...