Re: Security TAG co-chair nominations

Sheng Liang <sheng.liang@...>

+1 binding

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> On Behalf Of Alena Prokharchyk via lists.cncf.io
Sent: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 9:36 AM
To: Sarah Allen <sarah@...>
Cc: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] Security TAG co-chair nominations

+1 binding

-alena

On May 29, 2021, at 8:59 AM, Sarah Allen <sarah@...> wrote:

Dear Technical Oversight Committee,

On June 3, 2021, the term for two of the three current Security TAG co-chairs, Sarah Allen (@ultrasaurus) and Jeyappragash JJ (@pragashj) comes to an end.

The TOC election process requires nomination from TOC and then vote.  We have also followed the Security TAG governance process for proposing candidates, since we have clear successors who are already working within the group. The candidates below have unanimous support from our TOC liaisons, as well as the three current co-chairs.

We believe that Aradhna Chetal and Brandon Lum, along with current chair Emily Fox, will enable “full coverage of the leadership capabilities across the key qualities of industry experience, hands-on cloud-native and security experience, as well as administrative experience needed to run a Security TAG.”  While both currently serve as Tech Leads for the group (as did Emily before she became chair), we do not consider that a prerequisite for the chair position.

Senior Director Exec, Cloud Security, TIAA

Research Fellow Cloud Security Alliance

TAG Contributions

  • Tech Lead, Meeting Facilitator
  • Active in Policy team subgroup
  • Initiated serverless security whitepaper - Issue#546

External community involvement

Active member of Cloud Security Alliance (CSA),  has been an advisor to the board - CSA Seattle Chapter,  CSA and NIST Cloud computing workgroups, has influenced best practices & standards for cloud, containers, serverless & microservices security

container security, IBM Research

TAG Contributions

  • Tech Lead, Meeting Facilitator
  • Repo Triage and Issue Management
  • Process Improvements & governance
  • Leading Cloud Native Security Map/Landscape - Issue#348
  • Security Reviews - process improvements and initial assessments PR#247
  • Organized in-person meetup DockerCon, May 2019 issue#151

External community involvement

SPIFFE/SPIRE community & contributing to SPIFFE book

Please reply to this email to vote.  As always, the CNCF encourages non-binding votes from the community, along with the required votes of TOC members.

Thank you,

Sarah, in collaboration with other Security TAG co-chairs (Emily and JJ) and TOC Liaisons Liz Rice & Justin Cormack