From: cncf-toc-bounces@... [mailto:cncf-toc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 10:44 AM
To: cncf-toc@...
Subject: [cncf-toc] TOC vote on Kubernetes

To the TOC members,

Please indicate your vote on the acceptance of Kubernetes as a CNCF project by saying YES or NO.  Today we are seeking unanimous support, from all TOC voting members, for the following statement.

“The TOC has accepted Kubernetes into the CNCF. Google may now transfer copyright and trademarks(*) associated with Kubernetes to the Linux Foundation. Kubernetes is now an Incubated Project(**) at the CNCF. The TOC is working with the Kubernetes community to finalise the project governance model.”

(*) Sarah Novotny will provide a complete list of assets.  Our understanding is that a "yes" vote will lead to Google initiating the IP transfers to LF for the CNCF.

(**) The TOC will define "Incubated Project" asap

NOTE: This is a special process that we have introduced for Kubernetes as the first CNCF project. For later projects, we (the TOC) intend to use a more formal process.

If you have questions or comments, speak up!