Re: [cncf-gb] KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Amsterdam is taking place March 30 to April 2 as planned


vishnu.ks
 


+1 for virtual conference¬†ūüĎć


Best Regards,
Vishnu KS
Cloud Fullstack Engineer
M: +(91) 89 39 627115
O: +(971) 4 346 3002
A: Office 410, The Onyx Tower 2, Dubai - UAE
/c2e4c688-8d9f-42be-b434-5d4c589a724a/ /2ccd7f9e-39f9-41bc-8a11-a89d77f2fb9b/ /4b4efce7-6cda-450a-986e-c811e73cb69a/ /e12fc535-6d64-4409-b3a6-a225117e6923/




From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Raj Panchapakesan via Lists.Cncf.Io <rajp=jfrog.com@...>
Sent: 29 February 2020 21:15
To: Shannon Williams <shannon@...>
Cc: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] [cncf-gb] KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Amsterdam is taking place March 30 to April 2 as planned
 
Dan,

It is great to hear about the additional precautions and many steps you are taking to protect the attendees and the foundation.  However, we need to keep our options open and consider adding the virtual summit option, especially with many companies putting ban on employees travel.  At this late stage we also need to consider the financial implications before making any decision.  

Dan, Do we have any sponsors withdrawing or impact on the trendline of registrations compared to last year?

Regards,
raj

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 5:38 PM Shannon Williams <shannon@...> wrote:

Dan ‚Äď if the situation doesn‚Äôt improved, I‚Äôm concerned we might need to reconsider this in the next few weeks. As we discussed privately, I‚Äôve been getting a number of notes from people letting me know they won‚Äôt be attending, and it sounds like a few sponsors have decided not to participate.¬†¬† Given all of that, I‚Äôd like to understand the financial implications to the foundation if we reached a point where we did need to cancel the event, or turn it into a virtual event.¬†¬†

 

I’m concerned it could be quite financial impactful for the foundation.

 

Best Regards,

 

Shannon Williams

Rancher Labs

shannon@...

+1 650-521-6902

 

From: cncf-gb@... <cncf-gb@...> On Behalf Of Dan Kohn via Lists.Cncf.Io
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 12:10 PM
To: cncf-toc@...
Cc: cncf-gb@...
Subject: [cncf-gb] KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Amsterdam is taking place March 30 to April 2 as planned

 

Given the understandable anxiety around COVID19, I wanted to confirm that KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Amsterdam is taking place March 30 to April 2 as planned.

 

Please see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-europe/attend/novel-coronavirus-update/ which was just updated with additional information and will remain the source of all updates from CNCF regarding the impact of COVID19 on the event. Please see the flowchart there around travel and flu-like symptoms and that we developed these rules in consultation with an epidemiologist formerly with the CDC, to ensure that we implement best practices.

 

I look forward to seeing many of you in Amsterdam.

--
Dan Kohn <dan@...> +1-415-233-1000
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation cncf.io
dankohn.com or book on my calendar: dankohn.com/c



--

Best,

-Raj

=====================================================================================

 

Raj Panchapakesan | Sr. Director: Global Alliances & Biz Dev 
Mobile: +1 408-230-4698 | Linkedin  Twitter
JFrog Inc. 
Sunnyvale, CA 

=====================================================================================
This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information and is intended only for the person/entity to whom it was originally addressed.  The content of this message may contain private views and opinions, which do not constitute a formal disclosure or commitment unless specifically stated. 

Join cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io to automatically receive all group messages.