toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I agree with the idea of having some plan B in place - or at least understanding the consequences - in the event that cancellation becomes necessary. If the EU were to impose similar restrictions as Switzerland currently have, this decision would be taken out of the hands of the CNCF anyway. Looking into some sort of live-streaming / virtual conference option as a.back-up plan seems like a wise idea.
Liz Rice - sent from my phone
On 29 Feb 2020, at 10:00, Vineet Gupta <vineet.scm@...> wrote:
I also support the idea of making the plan to have all options in place considering that cases in Italy skyrocketed as well as companies have put complete travel ban and not allowing the entry in some European states as well. I firmly believe that march is already ongoing and situation is deeply concerning , it would be good to re-evaluate and confirm the final plan before the end week of the march so this can be planned better. I would sincerely request to reconsider if possible to postpone or make it a virtual option if somehow possible.
Just my 2 cents on keeping it open and do a close watch so we are safe as a community as well as ensuring the foundation is well served.
On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 1:38 AM Shannon Williams <shannon@...
Dan – if the situation doesn’t improved, I’m concerned we might need to reconsider this in the next few weeks. As we discussed privately, I’ve been getting a number of notes from people letting me know they won’t be attending, and it sounds
like a few sponsors have decided not to participate. Given all of that, I’d like to understand the financial implications to the foundation if we reached a point where we did need to cancel the event, or turn it into a virtual event.
I’m concerned it could be quite financial impactful for the foundation.
From: cncf-gb@... <cncf-gb@...>
On Behalf Of Dan Kohn via Lists.Cncf.Io
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 12:10 PM
Subject: [cncf-gb] KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Amsterdam is taking place March 30 to April 2 as planned
Given the understandable anxiety around COVID19, I wanted to confirm that KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Amsterdam is taking place March 30 to April 2 as planned.
I look forward to seeing many of you in Amsterdam.