Re: [cncf-gb] KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Amsterdam is taking place March 30 to April 2 as planned


Vineet Gupta
 

I also support the idea of making the plan to have all options in place considering that cases in Italy skyrocketed as well as companies have put complete travel ban and not allowing the entry in some European states as well. I firmly believe that march is already ongoing and situation is deeply concerning , it would be good to re-evaluate and confirm the final plan before the end week of the march so this can be planned better. I would sincerely request to reconsider if possible to postpone or make it a virtual option if somehow possible.

Just my 2 cents on keeping it open and do a close watch so we are safe as a community as well as ensuring the foundation is well served.

Thanks.

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 1:38 AM Shannon Williams <shannon@...> wrote:

Dan – if the situation doesn’t improved, I’m concerned we might need to reconsider this in the next few weeks. As we discussed privately, I’ve been getting a number of notes from people letting me know they won’t be attending, and it sounds like a few sponsors have decided not to participate.   Given all of that, I’d like to understand the financial implications to the foundation if we reached a point where we did need to cancel the event, or turn it into a virtual event.  

 

I’m concerned it could be quite financial impactful for the foundation.

 

Best Regards,

 

Shannon Williams

Rancher Labs

shannon@...

+1 650-521-6902

 

From: cncf-gb@... <cncf-gb@...> On Behalf Of Dan Kohn via Lists.Cncf.Io
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 12:10 PM
To: cncf-toc@...
Cc: cncf-gb@...
Subject: [cncf-gb] KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Amsterdam is taking place March 30 to April 2 as planned

 

Given the understandable anxiety around COVID19, I wanted to confirm that KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Amsterdam is taking place March 30 to April 2 as planned.

 

Please see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-europe/attend/novel-coronavirus-update/ which was just updated with additional information and will remain the source of all updates from CNCF regarding the impact of COVID19 on the event. Please see the flowchart there around travel and flu-like symptoms and that we developed these rules in consultation with an epidemiologist formerly with the CDC, to ensure that we implement best practices.

 

I look forward to seeing many of you in Amsterdam.

--
Dan Kohn <dan@...> +1-415-233-1000
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation cncf.io
dankohn.com or book on my calendar: dankohn.com/c

Join cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io to automatically receive all group messages.