Re: [TOC] Nominations Open through 12pm PT, December 20th, 2019

Liz Rice

The maintainer seat is new, and that person will be representing the (incubating & grad) projects on the TOC. My recollection of the GB discussion on this is that requiring endorsement from maintainers of other projects was intended to help ensure that nominees can work with folks from across projects. So that's why it only applies to the maintainer seat.

@lizrice | lizrice.com | +44 (0) 780 126 1145

On 14 Dec 2019, 01:42 +1100, Chris Short via Lists.Cncf.Io <chris=chrisshort.net@...>, wrote:
I'm not sure what's up or down after going through this today. Can someone capture all this in an easier to follow manner? I'd normally volunteer but, I'm behind on everything as it is.

Chris Short
He/Him/His

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 9:10 AM Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:
If I remember correctly (as I don't have a reference to point to), Joe is right that the GB and end user community do not need endorsements.

Do we know of a reason the maintainers need endorsements from other maintainers but the GB and end user community do not have a similar step? I am curious as to the thought behind this.

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019, at 8:10 AM, Joe Beda via Lists.Cncf.Io wrote:
The explanation so far on this email is confusing to me also.

One clarification on the summary Matt put together: my understanding is that the endorsements from other project maintainers is only for that seat. The other seats (GB selected, end user community) do not appear to require the same endorsements.

Joe