Re: [TOC] Nominations Open through 12pm PT, December 20th, 2019

alexis richardson

Thanks so much.

With all these clarifications would someone be willing to write down a Guide that lays out the steps as simply as possible?  On one page, in a numbered sequence would be ideal.  Then we can solicit interest from the wider TOC community as well as inside baseball folks.

Alexis

On Fri, 13 Dec 2019, 04:03 Amye Scavarda Perrin, <amye@...> wrote:
The qualification process is the same for all of the TOC nominees.

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 6:32 PM Davanum Srinivas <davanum@...> wrote:

Another one that i saw in the charter was the section that says - "Qualification: After the Evaluation Period, the Governing Board and the TOC members shall vote on each nominee individually to validate that the nominee meets the qualification criteria. A valid vote shall require at least 50% participation. Nominees passing with over 50% shall be Qualified Nominees."

Is this true for all the 3 groups? Will this be enforced for the "Graduating + Incubating Maintainers" group too?

It's getting way too complicated for my brain!

-- Dims

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 7:54 PM alexis richardson <alexis@...> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 12:51 AM Amye Scavarda Perrin
<amye@...> wrote:

> There is an #elections channel on the CNCF slack for questions, I am also going to reserve time on Tuesday's TOC meeting for questions.
> Happy to talk this through so that it makes sense.

it's too complicated, sorry

please can we avoid all processes that require in-person explanation,
or in-slack, since these repel applicants