Re: Falco DD & Request for Incubation Vote

Kris Nova <kris.nova@...>

Hey all,

Strong +1 with Joe/Alexis

Most of the Falco community will be at KubeCon as well if it would be helpful to meet in person to go over anything.

Thanks for your time and consideration here.

Kris Nova
Chief Open Source Advocate

On 6 Nov 2019, at 14:23, alexis richardson <alexis@weave.works> wrote:

Echoing Joe's call and amplifying to the TOC Contributors. With
Kubecon around the corner, I am sure almost everyone is jammed.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 2:17 PM Joe Beda via Lists.Cncf.Io
<jbeda=vmware.com@lists.cncf.io> wrote:

Hello TOC folks – I’d love to help collect concerns/impressions/questions as we try and set a timeline to get a vote going.

Joe

From: <cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io> on behalf of Michael Ducy <michael.ducy@sysdig.com>
Date: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 4:10 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@lists.cncf.io>
Subject: [cncf-toc] Falco DD & Request for Incubation Vote

TOC members;

Joe Beda, assisted by Kris Nova and myself, has completed the technical due diligence for Falco, and we would like to request that a formal vote be held for moving Falco to incubation.

As a reminder, our goals in moving to incubation include:

* Moving Falco's build and release infrastructure to CNCF provided infrastructure.

* Capturing and building on the current momentum of the project.

* Publishing of end user case studies.

* Further helping customers achieve compliance in Kubernetes/Cloud Native environments.

Falco Due Diligence:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TJCzW8dQ6858lw2UNY-H5LMnvEd4GzwjuOcDInimeyA/edit?ts=5dacfd96#heading=h.378jkvcve1nq

Technical Explanation of Falco's Architecture and relationship to the Kernel/eBPF capture interface:

https://sysdig.com/blog/understanding-common-library-implementation/

Falco PR for Incubation:

https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/307

Current Falco Release:

https://github.com/falcosecurity/falco/releases/tag/0.18.0

We look forward to feedback from the TOC and broader community.

The Falco Team