Re: Falco DD & Request for Incubation Vote

alexis richardson

Echoing Joe's call and amplifying to the TOC Contributors. With
Kubecon around the corner, I am sure almost everyone is jammed.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 2:17 PM Joe Beda via Lists.Cncf.Io
<jbeda=vmware.com@...> wrote:

Hello TOC folks – I’d love to help collect concerns/impressions/questions as we try and set a timeline to get a vote going.

Joe

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Michael Ducy <michael.ducy@...>
Date: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 4:10 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] Falco DD & Request for Incubation Vote

TOC members;

Joe Beda, assisted by Kris Nova and myself, has completed the technical due diligence for Falco, and we would like to request that a formal vote be held for moving Falco to incubation.

As a reminder, our goals in moving to incubation include:

* Moving Falco's build and release infrastructure to CNCF provided infrastructure.

* Capturing and building on the current momentum of the project.

* Publishing of end user case studies.

* Further helping customers achieve compliance in Kubernetes/Cloud Native environments.

Falco Due Diligence:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TJCzW8dQ6858lw2UNY-H5LMnvEd4GzwjuOcDInimeyA/edit?ts=5dacfd96#heading=h.378jkvcve1nq

Technical Explanation of Falco's Architecture and relationship to the Kernel/eBPF capture interface:

https://sysdig.com/blog/understanding-common-library-implementation/

Falco PR for Incubation:

https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/307

Current Falco Release:

https://github.com/falcosecurity/falco/releases/tag/0.18.0

We look forward to feedback from the TOC and broader community.

The Falco Team