Re: Falco DD & Request for Incubation Vote

Joe Beda <jbeda@...>

Hello TOC folks – I’d love to help collect concerns/impressions/questions as we try and set a timeline to get a vote going.

Joe

From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Michael Ducy <michael.ducy@...>
Date: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 4:10 AM
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] Falco DD & Request for Incubation Vote

TOC members;

Joe Beda, assisted by Kris Nova and myself, has completed the technical due diligence for Falco, and we would like to request that a formal vote be held for moving Falco to incubation.

As a reminder, our goals in moving to incubation include:

* Moving Falco's build and release infrastructure to CNCF provided infrastructure.

* Capturing and building on the current momentum of the project.

* Publishing of end user case studies.

* Further helping customers achieve compliance in Kubernetes/Cloud Native environments.

Falco Due Diligence:

Technical Explanation of Falco's Architecture and relationship to the Kernel/eBPF capture interface:

Falco PR for Incubation:

Current Falco Release:

We look forward to feedback from the TOC and broader community.

The Falco Team