- Clarifying TOC Sponsor and Sandbox entry requirements
Clarifying TOC Sponsor and Sandbox entry requirements
Hello TOC folks,
We have some slightly conflicting / ambiguous documentation which I’d like to get tidied up (partly inspired by this issue
- It seems odd that Sandbox requires two sponsors but other levels only require one. Personally I’m inclined towards two at all levels, on the basis of two heads being better than one, and that hopefully two TOC sponsors will chivvy each other along rather than one being a potential bottleneck for the project. Wdyt? We could discuss in the meeting this week if folks think that’s appropriate.
- We should clarify / document the role of a TOC Sponsor within the Proposal process
- Mentoring the project *through the Proposal process* (this isn’t an ongoing commitment post acceptance)
- Calling for a TOC vote when they feel the project and proposal are ready
- So to be clear, being the TOC Sponsor doesn’t necessarily mean that you think it’s ready yet - you have just agreed to advise the project on what they need to get ready. Does that match everyone’s understanding?
- As part of this we should add a link to the Proposal process from the Sandbox Process to clarify that the same template and process is required.
- In that proposal process we ask about who the initial committers are and how long they have been working on the project. I suggest we also add into that something broader about the history of the project - was it originally a fork or greenfields? Did it originate from a company, a community effort, or an individual contributor? Not that there are any wrong answers, but this could help us get a sense of “smell” about the project and what further questions we might want to ask.
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.