- [VOTE] containerd moving to graduation
Re: [VOTE] containerd moving to graduation
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...>
On Behalf Of Chris Aniszczyk
Sent: 18 February 2019 16:59
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] [VOTE] containerd moving to graduation
containerd has requested to move to the graduation maturity level:
The containerd community believes it has fulfilled all the graduation criteria:
- Have a healthy number of committers and at least two from different organizations: Containerd has had a variety of maintainers and reviewers since its inception, and currently have 12 committers representing Docker, NTT, Google, IBM, Microsoft, Facebook,
Tesla, and Cruise Automation. They also have reviewers representing Alibaba, ZTE, Huawei, Docker, Microsoft and an independent developer.
- Document that it is being used successfully in production by at least three independent end users:
Containerd began life prior to its CNCF as a lower-layer runtime manager for the Docker engine. Continuing today, containerd has widest usage and adoption as the layer between the Docker engine and the OCI runc executor. However, as containerd and its CRI plugin
project have merged in January 2018, the combined use of containerd and the CRI plugin has grown to include several public cloud providers, as well as several projects who are attracted to the simplicity of the Go client API library for embedding container
IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service (IKS)
IBM Cloud Private (ICP)
Google Cloud Kubernetes Engine (GKE) [offers containerd in "alpha clusters"]
Rancher's Rio project
- Demonstrate a substantial ongoing flow of commits and merged contributions:
https://containerd.devstats.cncf.io + https://all.devstats.cncf.io/d/54/project-health?orgId=1&var-repogroup_name=containerd
- Have achieved a CII badge:
- Define a governance model:
Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here:
Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose,
or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.