From: <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Erin Boyd <eboyd@...>
Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 07:46
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] sponsor for sandbox - Keycloak

A little more infomation (the draft proposal):

https://github.com/bdaw/toc/blob/master/proposals/keycloak.md

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 8:41 AM Erin Boyd <eboyd@...> wrote:
Hi TOC,
I am soliciting a sponsor for  the Keycloak project. They were set to preset to the TOC the first week of October and were bumped. Now, following the newer Sandbox process they are looking for a sponsor.

Keycloak is an Open Source Identity and Access Management Solution for today’s Cloud Native Applications and Services. It provides an easy way to secure applications and services with minimum effort.

The Keycloak team believes that this project aligns well with section 1(c) of the CNCF Charter by providing a standard and simple way to secure Cloud Native applications and services. Out of the box, Keycloak provides an extensive set of features such as user federation, admin console and account management console. Securing applications and services can be done with only a few lines of code through Keycloak adapters that are provided for a range of languages and frameworks. Keycloak also provides both OpenID Connect and SAML 2.0 enabling any application that have support for either to be easily secured.

With it's already large community support, bringing Keycloak into the CNCF, the team hopes to continue to expand the list of features, making it even easier to secure different types of applications and reach an even wider community interested in contribution and adoption.

Website: https://keycloak.org
GitHub: https://github.com/keycloak
License: Apache License, Version 2.0

The team is happy and willing to present the project in more detail. Please let me know if any of you are able to sponsor so we may move forward.

Thanks,

Erin