Re: [VOTE] Envoy moving to graduation
Doug Davis <dug@...>
Envoy has requested to move to the graduation maturity level:
The Envoy community believes it has fulfilled all the graduation criteria:
- Document that it is being used successfully in production by at least three independent end users: Known end users include: AirBnb, Alibaba, Apple, Booking.com, Cookpad, DigitalOcean, eBay, Google, GO-JEK, GroupOn, IBM, Lyft, Medium, Microsoft, Netflix, Pinterest, Salesforce, Snap, Square, Stripe, Tencent, Twilio, Two Sigma, Uber, Verizon, VMware, VSCO, Yahoo Japan, and Yelp. Many of these logos are listed here: https://www.envoyproxy.io (this is not an exclusive list and it's likely that other organizations are also Envoy users). Envoy is being used by numerous other companies, both large and small, to build higher layer products and services. This includes Covalent, Datawire, HashiCorp, Heptio, Istio (F5 Networks, Google, IBM, RedHat, Tetrate, Tigera, VMware, etc.), Solo.io, and many others.
- Have a healthy number of committers and at least two from different organizations: See the current list of Envoy owners, who are also committers: https://github.com/envoyproxy/envoy/blob/master/OWNERS.md Currently, we have 11 and are on the constant lookout for new maintainers to join our ranks.
- Demonstrate a substantial ongoing flow of commits and merged contributions: https://github.com/envoyproxy/envoy/graphs/contributors
- Have achieved a CII badge: https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/en/projects/1266
- Define a governance model: https://github.com/envoyproxy/envoy/blob/master/GOVERNANCE.md
Please vote (+1/0/-1) by replying to this thread; the full proposal located here: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/167
Remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support!
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719