Re: Thoughts on KubeCon

Dan Kohn <dan@...>

Thanks, Mike. We were looking for a model we could emulate and DevopsDays looks like a promising one. CNCF staff are investigating this.
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation https://www.cncf.io
+1-415-233-1000 https://www.dankohn.com

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 3:02 AM Mike Long <mike@...> wrote:
Hi,

I wonder if we might want to look at a similar setup as devopsdays?

It is organized by local groups, and the rules are quite simple and fair.  It must be organized by a committee from various companies, it is not for profit, and the sponsorship rules avoid it turning into a sale farce.

Best regards,
Mike

Mike Long
Chief Technology Officer

mike@...
+47 48 67 63 60
Praqma.com
Praqma Oslo

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 8:57 PM, Ippei Suzuki <i-suzuki@...> wrote:
Hello,

Sounds like a lot of value packed within a single day!
By any chance, how can we plan for something similar to be held in Tokyo?
There are container focused events held here, and some are gathering 300~400 people in one room.

Ippei

On Oct 16, 2018, at 11:42 AM, alessandro via Lists.Cncf.Io <alessandro.vozza=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

We had a Kubernetes day in Amsterdam last June which was a good success; we had 200 attendees for a full day, single track event hosted in a great location (thanks to the ones in cc to make it happen). We had Acqua, Sysdig, Google, Microsoft, Rancher and Container Solutions sponsoring and presenting; we learned a lot and were aiming to organize one in the next year (changing name). I highly suggest to organize one in your city, it’s a fun and learning experience. In my opinion, I’ll leave more space to mingling and networking and less to talks. Reach out if you wanna know more!

Sent from my mobile